Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort Mauritus
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort
Costal Road Bel Ombre, Mauritius
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager:
Heritage Resorts has welcomed Mr. Dominique GREL as ‘General Manager’ at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort on the 12 September 2022. Dominique, who is French, holds a High School Diploma from the Bordeaux Talence Hotel School and has more than 30 years’ experience in Gastronomic Cuisine and Hotel Operations Management. Having lived and worked in France, Mauritius and Morocco, Dominique is the ultimate global insider who understands the complexity of the tourism industry. He aims to participate in the development of local products and in the Locavore culture.
5 star Luxury; affiliate member of SLH.
The Bel Ombre Territory has become a destination within a destination over the last few years. With unique activities in the Bel Ombre Nature Reserve, the World of Seashells and at the extraordinary setting of Le Chateau de Bel Ombre, visitors will be treated to a truly unique experience of Mauritius. Furthermore, La Réserve Golf Links, our new golf course opening December 2023, heralds the first and only contemporary links course in the Indian Ocean, further enhancing the golfing experience for players of all handicaps. Co-designed by former Open Champion Louis Oosthuizen, this dramatic course will be reserved for the exclusive use of members of Heritage Golf Club, their guests, and Heritage Resorts residents.
HERITAGE LE TELFAIR GOLF & WELLNESS RESORT
History & Story
A beguiling blend of luxury, intimacy and elegant architecture exuding the ambiance of grand tradition properties for a stay tailored around fine dining, personalised service, exclusive spa facilities and access to a multi award golf course. Named after famous Irish naturalist, Charles Telfair, who lived in the area in the 19th century, the hotel basks in the history of Mauritius and the Bel Ombre region showcasing the rich heritage of our island.
2017 complete revamp of the suites, main area, restaurants and C Beach Club.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Affiliate member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World
• Complimentary baby corner for toddlers under 3 years of age with 2 a heated pool
• A choice of 12 restaurants across the Domaine with different gourmet experiences
• Elegant colonial architecture
• Butler service in all our suites
• Heritage Nature Reserve Experiences: Eco Quad / Buggy tours, Wellness walks, UNESCO Biosphere nature treks, Mauritius Wildlife Foundation nature trails
• Unique in Mauritius: World of Seashells museum
• Le Chateau de Bel ombre 19th century, a Gastronomic restaurant
• A 2500 sqm Spa with a unique Wellness Bliss optional package.
• Free access to a 18 hole championship golf course, Heritage Golf Club and Free Unlimited green fees per person per day at Le Chateau Golf Course.
Nestled in the south-west of Mauritius, the Bel Ombre Territory stretches over nearly 2,500 hectares, between mountains and turquoise lagoon. This historic property offers a range of unique experiences in harmony with nature along and beyond the beach. A true destination, Bel Ombre is home to one of the island’s most luxurious hotels, 2 award winning 18-hole championship golf courses, and a nature reserve protected by the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation. A unique place where culture, history and nature converge to create a magical and exceptional place.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Heritage Golf Club, 18-hole championship golf course PAR 72 and their restaurant O’Grill
• C Beach Club the trendiest beach club in Mauritius with its beach parties with international Djs, brunches, events and special evenings.
• Le Château de Bel Ombre our unique Chateau where you can escape for one magical night at this unique plantation style house built in 1810.
• Bel Ombre Nature Reserve, UNESCO biosphere reserve Sustainability and inclusiveness programs.
• World of Seashells Museum where you can discover the largest Seashells collection in Africa which is unique in Mauritius.
• Chamarel Seven Coloured Earth Geopark with its undulating strips of multi-coloured sand that spontaneously settle in different layers. This unique geological oddity is one of those amazing creations of nature that is a must see around the area.
• Le Chamarel Panoramic Restaurant with refined creole cuisine and unique panoramic views.
• Croisières Australes our cataraman cruises offers sea lovers enriching journeys to the beautiful lagoons around Mauritius. With its fleet consisting of elegantly designed catamarans and speedboats, you will explore the wonders of the ocean in style and comfort.
• In the spirit of Le Chateau de Bel Ombre, several unique activities are available to visitors. A trip down history is possible, with the help of costumes and wigs, as well as a menu specially crafted by the chef to bring you back in time to when the Chateau was built in 1810…
• Why make a choice when you can have the best of both football and golf? Heritage golf club has created the perfect activity for fans: Foot golf!
• The yellow Submarine is a truly incredible experience for the kids! Through this exciting adventure, your children can learn more about the preservation of marine wildlife and the importance of corals.
• We are the only hotel on the island that has a baby club from 0 – 35 months.
Heritage Le Telfair has something for the whole family, specialised care for the babies, an action-packed kids’ club with its heated pool and teen programme:
BABY TIMOMO – complimentary baby corner dedicated to toddlers under 3 years of age with our nurses which are trained in childcare and first aid. (open seven days a week from 8.30am to 3.30pm)
TIMOMO KIDS CLUB – Welcomes potty trained children from 3 to 12 years old (open seven days a week from 8.30 am to 11 pm with unique activities such as educational visit of the Yellow Submarine and Mangroves. We encourage kids to indulge in Recycling and craft work as well as gardening. Kids can also discover the Mauritian culture through traditional games, local dance and instruments.
TEENS PROGRAMME – From 12 to 17 years old with cool activities such as golf initiation, tennis and beach volley tournaments, horse riding, quad, footgolf, kitesurf and Wii and Playstation games.
Total number of suites: 158 spacious suites with beautiful sea or garden views. Designed as a quiet village with 20 separate villas of 6 or 8 suites, the room décor is inspired by contemporary colonial style.
58 Deluxe Suite, 54 Deluxe Seaview Suite and 16 Deluxe Beachfront Suite of 54 m² – 62 m² overlooking our lush gardens or our beautiful lagoon with a maximum occupancy of 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults with baby cot provided on request. Configuration: 1 Queen size bed OR twin beds + Canape beds.
8 Junior Suite Garden View and 12 Junior Suite Beachfront of 81m² overlooking our lush gardens and river with a Maximum Occupancy of 2 adults and 1 baby with baby cot provided on request. Configuration: 1 Canopy Queen size bed. *Both types of Suites (Junior Suite Garden View and Junior Suite Beachfront ) inter-lead with Deluxe Suite OR Deluxe Seaview Suite or Deluxe Beachfront Suite. The Junior Suite Beachfront offers free added value: Laundry & Ironing offered throughout the stay as well as a welcoming Panama hat (per adult) offered.
2 Senior Suite Garden View and 6 Senior Suite Sea View of 102m² overlooking our lush gardens and river or our beautiful lagoon, these suites do not interlead to any category. It instead offers the luxury of a separate living/dining room area with a dining table and sofa bed and a canopy queen size bed in the bedroom. Maximum Occupancy: 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults. Baby cot on request. These suites offer free added values such as Laundry & Ironing throughout the stay, a welcoming Panama hat (per adult) offered, both ways private airport transfers, personalised en-suite Check-out and One Table D’Exception dinner (excluding drinks).
2 Ocean Suite Beach Front of 104m² located on ground floor with a direct access to the beach, this category interleads to a Deluxe Beachfront Suite. It also offers the luxury of a separate living/dining room to the bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and an outdoor shower. The bedroom is equipped with a Canopy Queen-sized bed while the Living room is equipped with a dining table and a sofa bed. Maximum Occupancy: 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults. Baby cot on request. This suite offers free added values such as welcoming Panama hat (per adult) offered, both ways private airport transfers, personalised en-suite Check-out, one Table D’Exception dinner (excluding drinks), guaranteed early check-in & late check-out, private dining table in front of the suite, private day bed infront of the suite, a personal buggy to be used on the domaine’s private roads and on the golf course.
Restaurants & Bars
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort has a wonderful selection of restaurants and interactive cuisine concepts for a culinary discovery of flavours.
• Annabella’s the main restaurant has a Grande Brasserie cuisine with a capacity of 160 seats open for breakfast and dinner.
• Gin’Ja our pan-asian restaurant set on the beach overlooking the lagoon also has a Teppanyaki corner and seats up to 60 guests, open for dinner.
• Le Palmier our beach restaurant specialises in seafood and palm heart and other local delicacies. It offers lobster evening and is open for lunch and dinner.
• Le kiosque gourmand offers a selection of homemade seasonal ice cream, sherbets and pancakes
• Cavendish bar & lounge with its relaxed piano bar atmosphere and library full of Indian Ocean book’s collection offers light meal service with a selection of Mauritian and old rums.
• Le Château de Bel Ombre: Experience the splendour of yesteryear at our iconic plantation-style house, with a supplement, a couple can experience a gastronomic dinner followed by an overnight stay at Le Château de Bel Ombre and enjoy a sumptuous breakfast on the terrace the next morning.
Guests on half board basis at Heritage Le Telfair have access to restaurants below for dinner:
Heritage Le Telfair: Annabella’s and Le Palmier restaurants
C Beach Club
Savana (Heritage Awali)
Guests are offered a food credit when dining in the following restaurants which are not part of half-board package:
• At Heritage Le Telfair: Ginja
• At Heritage Awali: Infinity Blue, Zafarani, Kuzini and Boma
• At Le Château de Bel Ombre
• At Heritage Golf Club: O’Grill
Guests on Gourmet Bliss have access to the below restaurants:
Breakfast: Telfair’s main restaurant: Annabella’s or at C Beach Club.
Lunch: Heritage Le Telfair: Gin’Ja, Le Palmier, Cavendish and « Beach & Pool Service”, C Beach Club, Heritage Awali: Infinity Blue
O’Grill: either at Club House, a Half way snack or Food & Beverage Cart
Brunch: Every Sunday at C Beach Club
Afternoon tea at Heritage Le Telfair with a selection of cakes, cookies, pancakes and homemade ice-cream at the “Kiosque » Gourmand.
Dinner around Heritage Resorts in the following restaurants/ outlets: Heritage Le Telfair: Annabella’s, Le Palmier & Gin’ja, C Beach Club, Heritage Awali: Infinity Blue, Savana, Kuzini, Zafarani (adult only restaurant) and Boma (weather permitting), Le Château Golf Course: O’Grill Restaurant and Le Château de Bel Ombre.
Heritage Le Telfair welcomes you to our 2000m2 of luxury wellness! The Wellness Pavilion by Seven Colours Wellness Experience is inspired by the Mauritian culture, the nature of the Island and the ancient philosophy of the energy centres, also known as the 7 chakras.
Our holistic approach, based on the five dimensions of wellness, aims at improving your well-being.
Each guest is unique, which is why we have designed our treatments and services around a personalized approach.
We offer a wide selection of treatments and activities on the five dimensions of well-being:
• Health and healing care: Osteopathy, Nutrition and Energy sessions
• Body & Mind Connection Sessions: Yoga, Tai-Chi, Pilates, Pilates and Fitness
• Connecting with Nature in Mindfulness: Forest Bath, Nature Walk, Mindfulness Exercises
• Spa Rituals and Massages: Massages, Body treatments
• Beauty treatments: Facials and hair care, Manicure and Pedicure
To complement the beauty and detox treatments, guests can also enjoy a workout in the fully equipped fitness centre, have a swim in one of our two swimming pools or relax in the sauna.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Conference room 87.3 m2 + terrace + foyer
70 pax in Theatre style | 48 pax in Banquet style |30 pax in Classroom style |28 pax in Boardroom style | 25 pax in U shape style
FACILITIES: LCD projector & screen, Flip chart, Retractable screen, Television, Sound system, DVD/Video Lecters, Secretarial services
• Weddings, Engagements & Renewals of Vows:
Wide choice of venues:
• Le Château de Bel Ombre – 19th century plantation-style house
• French gardens of Le Château de Bel Ombre
• On the beach
• C Beach Club
• Le Château de Bel Ombre Deck
Extra Notable Features
Golf initiation, table tennis, pool table, bocce ball, badminton, beach volley, beach soccer, beach tennis, indoor games, yoga classes, reiki initiation, pilates, tai chi & qi gong group sessions, stretching, outdoor cinema, rum tasting and cocktail, cooking classes, footgolf, the art of floral, sunset horse riding, guided hikes in the Bel Ombre Nature Reserve, kite surfing.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Indian Ocean’s Best Golf Hotel 2022
• World Travel Awards – Leading Green Hotel in Mauritius 2021
• World Golf Awards – Indian Ocean’s Best Golf Hotel 2021
• Tripadvisor Travellers Choice Award 2021
Number of employees