Mamilla Hotel Israel
11King George St. Jerusalem, Israel 9418238
Alrov Luxury Hotels
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Hotel Manager – Mrs. Orly Cohen.
Orly has been in the industry for the last 20 years and 10 years at Mamilla Hotel.
5 star Luxury – Lifestyle Hotel
Mamilla Hotel brings a world-class design and lifestyle hospitality to Jerusalem and Israel. Combining exceptional heritage with luxurious modern comfort, the hotel’s 194 rooms and suites offer supreme comfort and impeccable style.
History & Story
Mamilla Hotel IS located in the heart of the city with magnificent views of the Old City walls, the Tower of David and Jaffa Gate and is at the very center of Jerusalem’s rich cultural heritage.
Designed in collaboration with world-renowned architects Moshe Safdie and Hall of Fame Piero Lissoni, the design combines sophistication and simplicity with exciting lighting, textures and colors.
Mamilla Hotel is a quintessentially urban place. It is a combination of historic buildings and contemporary architecture rising out of the network of alleys which connect the walled and the new cities of Jerusalem. It combines the pattern of the old with cutting edge modernity. It enjoys great views of the Old City and is designed to be in the center of action. The Rooftop outdoor venue is one of Jerusalem’s favorite meeting places.
The hotel designed by the world renowned architect Moshe Safdie and interior designer, Piero Lissoni.
Date added extensions
No extensions were added.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
– OUTSTANDING LOCATION – The Mamilla Hotel is where luxury meets lifestyle and heritage. Situated alongside Mamilla Avenue, Jerusalem’s finest shopping and entertainment experience, and a minute’s walk from the leading historical and biblical Jerusalem tourist sites. The hotel is at the very epicenter of Jerusalem’s culture and heritage, boasting an exclusive panoramic view of the
– Old City walls from the infamous rooftop sundeck.
The Mamilla Hotel is located in a prime location, the closest hotel to the Old City and to the main attractions. Mamilla Hotel is located where luxury meets lifestyle and heritage. Situated alongside Mamilla Avenue, Jerusalem’s finest shopping and entertainment experience, and a minute’s walk from the leading historical and biblical Jerusalem tourist sites. The hotel is at the very epicenter of Jerusalem’s culture and heritage, boasting an exclusive panoramic view of the Old City walls from the infamous rooftop sundeck.
Key sites/activities in the area
– The Old City
– The City of David
– Church of the Holy Sepulchre
– Yad Vashem Museum
– Israel Museum
– Mamilla Avenue
– The Botonical Garden
– Machne Yehuda Market
– The Bibical Zoo
Mamilla Hotel is situated alongside Mamilla Avenue, Jerusalem’s finest shopping and entertainment experience.
The hotel is the best spot to meet the local people, for dinner on the Rooftop or for drinks at the Mirror Bar.
Children activity is available during vacation and Holiday seasons.
Number of suites: 32
– 20 Mamilla Suites: Room Size: 52 Sqm / 559.5 sq ft, Bed Type: 1 King or 2 Twin and a sofa bed, Occupancy: 2 adults and 2 children (ages 2-13) and infant
– 4 Mamilla Family Suites: Room Size: 56 sqm / 603 sq ft, Bed Type:1 King or 2 Twin and a sofa bed, Occupancy: 2 adults and 2 children (ages 2-13) and infant / 3 Adults
– 7 Residence Suites: Room Size:65 sqm / 700 sq ft , Bed Type: 1 King or 2 Twin and a sofa bed, Occupancy: 2 adults and 2 children (ages 2-13) and infant
– 1 Presidential Suite: Room size:114 sqm / 1227 sq ft, Bed Type: 1 King or 2 Twin, Occupancy: Two adults
Number of Luxury rooms: 162
– 131 Studio Rooms: Room Size: 28 – 30 sqm / 301 – 323 sq ft, Bed Type: 1 King or 2 Twin, Occupancy: 2 adults and infant, Rooms for Guests with Special Needs available
– 31 Executive Rooms: Room Size:33-36 sqm/355 – 377 sq ft, Bed Type: 1 King or 2 Twin and a sofa bed, Occupancy: 2 adult and 1 child (ages 2-13) and 1 infant
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 194
Restaurants & Bars
– ROOFTOP – High above the city, the Rooftop Outdoor Lounge & Restaurant embraces the fresh Jerusalem breeze, while offering a magnificent view of the Old City. There can hardly be a better milieu anywhere in the world for delectable food, pleasant music and casual al fresco dining.
– HAPPY FISH -Happy Fish is a Mediterranean inspired fish restaurant located in the heart of Mamilla Avenue. The stairs nestled within the shops lead to a beautiful terrace overlooking the magnificent Jerusalem landscape and the Mamilla Avenue.
– MIRROR BAR – Bask in the opulence of the Mirror Bar, one of the most posh bars on the Jerusalem nightlife scene. An in house DJ plays a variety of sophisticated and ever evolving music, with cocktails and dinner abound.
– BALLROOM – Take in Jerusalem’s morning light with fresh breakfast prepared on live cooking stations in the ballroom’s Dining Room. Its harmonious ambience and inviting decor creates a serene setting for celebrating Shabbat Friday night dinner or lunch.
– WINERY – Raise your glass at the winery, with its extensive selection of distinctive local wines and wine accessories, along with high quality olive oils from Israel’s most celebrated producers.
– ESPRESSO BAR – Follow the aroma of freshly ground coffee to the Espresso Bar in the Mamilla Hotel lobby. Indulge in gourmet coffee, freshly baked pastries, savory snacks and an extensive selection of refreshing drinks.
Just as Jerusalem is a meeting place of global faiths, Akasha is the luxurious center for many of the world’s most exciting healing therapies, pampering beauty treatments, and advances in fitness. So whether the moment calls for a bracing swim in our designer pool, or a floating Watsu massage, you’re invited to explore choices found nowhere else.
Akasha offers everything you’d expect – superb fitness equipment, top trainers and classes, an organic refreshment bar – and a chance to try the unexpected. A tranquil resort, hidden in the very center of the bustling capitol, Akasha welcomes you to greet each new day in beauty, and celebrate each evening with relaxation, rejuvenation and peak health. The Mamilla’s award-winning oasis is, quite simply, the finest urban spa in Israel.
– SPA & RELAXATION -A luxury spa hotel in Jerusalem, enhanced with restorative sounds, music, aroma and lighting featuring a variety of exclusive hydro treatments in a watsu pool, special Hammam treatments and a variety of signature spa indulgences.
– CLASSES -Private studios are calming and relaxing spaces, dedicated to one on one sessions or personalized classes in disciplines ranging from Yoga, Pilates and Meditation to TRX, Boxing and Cardio classes.
– FITNESS ROOM – Hotel guests are welcome to use the most advanced and cutting-edge fitness equipment such as the Kinesis™ machines, a spacious aerobics room, spinning classes and more.
– POOL -Take an exhilarating break from a busy day and plunge into the Mamilla Hotel indoor swimming pool. This long, rectangular-shaped pool area, encompassed by rich violet walls, pillars and decks is a relaxing fusion of alluring beauty.
Corporate & Celebration Events
– BALLROOM – With its contemporary décor and harmonious ambience, the Ballroom creates a splendid setting for a number of events. From traditional local dishes to more cosmopolitan cuisine, it’s the ideal venue for corporate events, big or small. Capacity: 250
– PATIO – Cocktail receptions, wedding ceremonies, pre-dinner drinks and seminar breaks. Adjacent to the Ballroom, the beautiful Patio blends contemporary style with a picturesque Jerusalem setting. Decorated with modern furniture amid wooden barrels filled with olive trees and an assembly of Mediterranean herbs and spices, the moonlit and candlelit Patio is the perfect place for mingling over cocktails. Capacity: 250
– FOYER – Situated at the foot of Mamilla Hotel’s monumental staircase, the Foyer is a simple yet sophisticated area. Dimly lit with innovative light fixtures to complement the Jerusalem stone walls and create a romantic and inviting atmosphere, the Foyer leads directly into the Meeting Rooms and Ballroom. Capacity: 200
– MEETING ROOMS – Mamilla Hotel’s distinctive Meeting Rooms are an ideal venue for corporate events and small social gatherings. With their stylish and modern interior and built-in audio visual capabilities, the versatile rooms accommodate multiple configurations ranging from three distinctive spaces to one large banqueting room.
– AUDITORIUM – Screenings and lectures. The sumptuous state-of-the-art Auditorium functions as a private screening and lecture room and can accommodate up to 134 guests. It provides deep, luxurious amphitheater seating together with the latest sound and projection technology, including the most advanced digital capabilities. Capacity: 100
– EXECUTIVE LOUNGE – Mamilla Hotel’s Business Lounge provides everything that business travelers require during their stay in Jerusalem, around the clock. Located in the entrance level, our business lounge includes a meeting room for intimate business gatherings, video conferencing capabilities, computers, copying, fax machines and telephones.
– ROOFTOP – High above the city, the Rooftop Outdoor Lounge & Restaurant embraces the fresh Jerusalem breeze, while offering a magnificent view of the Old City, offering a magnificent venue for an array of events. Capacity: 150
– HAPPY FISH – Happy Fish is a Mediterranean inspired fish restaurant located in the heart of Mamilla Avenue. The stairs nestled within the shops lead to a beautiful terrace overlooking the magnificent Jerusalem landscape and the Mamilla Avenue. The restaurant provides a dining experience with authentic and local atmosphere, cheerful service and good music. Capacity: 300
– MIRROR BAR – Considered one of the most beautiful, posh bars in Jerusalem, the Mirror Bar caters to both its stylish local residents and visitors alike. With its elegant setting The Mirror Bar offers a high-quality food menu and variety of dishes in different culinary styles.
– SUN DECK – Enjoy the magnificent views of Jerusalem, both old and new, on the Mamilla Hotel Sun Deck. Located on the hotel’s roof, high above the bustling city, the quaint deck is set amid a beautifully designed landscaped garden. Offering an easily accessible pastoral setting, the Mamilla Sun Deck brings out the best of Jerusalem and its spectacular surroundings.Capacity: 150
Extra Notable Features
Mamilla Hotel’s Executive Lounge is a contemporary design of both elegance and comfort, the Business Lounge is a sophisticated sanctuary where guests can enjoy all day long light dairy dishes, pastries and drinks. Intimate spaces with modern plush sofas and coffee tables blend harmoniously with the antique Chinese and object trouve, ensuring a cozy living space for a relaxing break.
The Lounge includes a meeting room for intimate business gatherings, video conferencing capabilities, computers, copying, fax machines and telephones. Business professionals can adjourn to the Lounge’s private conference room, adjacent to the hotel’s business center for private meetings. The stylish, user-friendly center ensures that it’s « business as usual » for guests who need to stay connected to work back home. Executive Lounge privileges are complimentary from Executive room category and above.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
– Condé Nast – 5 Top hotels in the Middle East – Readers’ Choice A wards – 2019
– TripAdvisor – Rooftop Restaurant: #1 recommended Jerusalem restaurant – 2019
– Condé Nast – 11 Top hotels in the Middle East – Readers’ Choice A wards – 2018
– Villegiature Awards – Grand Prix of the Best hotel in Middle East – 2016
– Condé Nast – Readers Traveler Awards – 2016
– Condé Nast Traveler Gold List – The Most Tranquil Spas in the World – 2016
– Condé Nast Traveler Gold List for 2016 – The Most Tranquil Spas in the World
– The Hotel & Spa Awards – Best Luxury Hotel Jerusalem 2015
– Business Destinations Travel Awards – Best Luxury Hotel in Israel 2015
– Condé Nast Traveler – 10 best hotels in the “Middle East” 2015
– Leading Hotels of the World – Member From 2014
– Condé Nast Traveler – Top 10 Best Hotels in the “Middle East” 2014
– Fodor’s – Top 100 in The World’s Best Hotels 2014 Awards
– TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice – 2015 / 2014 / 2013
– Condé Nast Traveler – World’s best spas 2012
Number of employees