One&Only Le Saint Géran
One&Only Le Saint Géran
Pointe De Flacq
Own by the Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD)
Date of Creation
Founded in 2006
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Charles De Foucault. An accomplished hotel executive, that has gained extensive experience from his years in the industry and his travels around the world. Charles is responsible for the entire operation of the resort, as well as its strategic development.
5 – star ultra Luxury.
ONE&ONLY LE SAINT GÉRAN
History & Story
The property has a long and rich history spanning over 42 years. In 1975, Mr. Sol Kerzner the founder opened his first hotel outside South Africa on the Indian Ocean Island of Mauritius which he named Le Saint Géran. In 2002 the hotel was rebranded One&Only Le Saint Géran and in 2014 Kerzner international was bought by the Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD).
As of 1st of February 2017, the hotel went on an extensive renovation of all its facilities. Macbeth main architecture.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Our long term dedicated employees – retaining the staff to maintain the high standards of service. 42 years of long and rich history. Extensive renovation with redesign of all rooms and suites in luxury relaxed island feel timeless décor. Exclusive privacy on its own private peninsula.
Belle Mare – Flacq
Key sites/activities in the area
Watersports activity centre. Shopping area with local restaurants. Hindu temple
Our property have thousands of palm trees, just in case you are looking for some shades.
Child below 3 years should either be accompanied by their parent or by a babysiter. Our kids club welcomes children as from 3 years old to 12 years old. Programs include vegetables printing,
For teenagers we have Onetribe from 13 years old to 17 years old.
• Number of suites: 34
• 4 Beach front junior suite on the first floor with a private balcony nestled in front of the Indian ocean – 110m2 / 4 Beach front junior suite on the ground floor with a private wooden deck terrace nestled in front of the Indian ocean, providing direct access to the beach – 130m2. 4 Ocean Suite first floor with ocean view and private balcony – 130m2 / 7 ocean suite ground floor providing access to the tropical garden with a private wooden deck terrace – 150m2 . 3 Beach front suite first floor with beach view and private balcony – 130m2 / 12 Beach front suite ground floor with wooden deck terrace – 150m2. The suites showcase a marble-lined bathroom with a cascading shower and an indulgent separate bath opening up to cleverly designed dressing space.
In room check in, welcome rum set up, Unpacking & packing of luggage, a selection of teas and espresso coffee, ( Pillow, soap and fragrance menu) , Themed night turndown amenity, kids nightly turndown amenity, Garment pressing service upon arrival one per guest, Complimentary mini bar excluding alcohol, Butler service.
• Number of Luxury rooms:
• 1 Villa ( Two bedrooms)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
• 143 rooms, suites and villa
Restaurants & Bars
• La Terrasse – Open stations restaurant and live cooking, interactive kitchen and theme evening.
• Le Carré – Lounge, concierge desk and changing room.
• PRIME – Steakhouse serving the finest Australian Angus and Wagyu beef, fresh seasfood and local produce.
• L’Artisan – Artisanal bakery and coffee shop, from fresh salads, to hand made sandwiches and pastries.
• Tapasake – Pan-Asian restaurant, Asian fusion culinary concept includding a sushi bar.
• La Pointe – Mediterranean food, seafood and grills.
• Spa with own swimming pool
• Fitness centre
• Lap pool
• Yoga pavillion
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Meeting room – Conference room with a capacity of 120 guests in cocktail style.
• Weddings –
• New year gala dinner –
• Palm grove area ( beach area)
• Club One
Extra Notable Features
• Putting green
• Boathouse ( diving, waterski )
• Multi – purpose playground ( football field & volleyball )
• Tennis court and paddle court
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Condé Nast Traveller (UK, USA & Middle East) The Gold List 2019 – One&Only Le Saint Géran included in “The Best Hotels and Resorts in the World: The Gold List’
• Prime Traveller Awards 2018 (Russia) – One&Only Le Saint Géran awarded ‘Opening of the Year’
• Condé Nast Traveller (UK) Readers’ Choice Awards 2018 – One&Only Le Saint Géran ranked #14 amongst ‘The best overseas hotel in the Middle East & The Indian Ocean’
• Condé Nast Traveller (UK) Readers’ Choice Awards 2018 – One&Only Le Saint Géran ranked #96 amongst the ‘The World’s Top 100’
• Brides Best Honeymoon Awards 2018 (USA) – One&Only Le Saint Géran amongst ‘Where to Honeymoon in 2018’
• Air France Madame Gold List 2018 (France) – One&Only Le Saint Géran included amongst the ‘Gold List’
• Tatler Spa Awards 2018 (UK) – Spa at One&Only Le Saint Géran named ‘Best for Family’
• Connoisseur Circle (Germany) 2018 – One&Only Le Saint Géran named ‘Best Hospitality Readers‘ Choice’
• Travel+Leisure (USA) – One&Only Le Saint Géran featured amongst the ‘It List for Best New Hotels in the World’
• Elite Traveler (USA) – One&Only Le Saint Géran featured amongst the ‘Top 100 Hotels in the World 2018’ list
• Town&Country Hotel Awards 2018 (USA) – One&Only Le Saint Géran amongst ‘The Best New Hotels in the World’
• Elite Traveler (USA) – featured amongst the ‘Top 100 Hotels’ list.
• Condé Nast Traveller: Reader’s Travel Awards (UK) – ranked #10 amongst the Best Overseas Hotel Spas
• Conde Nast Traveller China: Readers’ Choice Awards – One&Only Le Saint Géran recognized amongst the ‘Best Hotels in Africa’
• World Travel Awards – One&Only Le Saint Géran won Indian Ocean’s Leading Resort
• World Travel Awards – One&Only Le Saint Géran won Mauritius’ Leading Hotel 2016
• Condé Nast Traveller (UK) Readers’ Travel Awards 2015: voted top 20 Best Overseas Hotel Spas
• World Spa Award 2015: Mauritius’s Best Hotel Spa
• World Travel Awards 2015: Indian Ocean’s Leading Resort
• World Luxury Hotel Awards: Winner 2014
Number of employees