Anse Takamaka, Praslin, Seychelles
Raffles Seychelles opened in February 2011 and was the first Raffles purpose-built resort. Edouard Grosmangin, General Manager, brings over 15 years of luxury hospitality experience. Prior to joining Raffles, he held the position of General Manager for Six Senses Zil Pasyon and was also the General Manager of Six Senses Con Dao in Vietnam.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts boasts an illustrious history and some of the most prestigious hotel addresses worldwide. In 1887, Raffles Singapore set the standard for luxury hospitality, introducing the world to private butlers, the Singapore Sling and its enduring, legendary service. Today, Raffles continues this tradition in leading cities and lavish resort locales, enchanting travelers with meaningful experiences and service that is both gracious and intuitive. Connoisseurs of life choose Raffles, not merely for its aura of culture, beauty and gentility, but for the extraordinary way they feel when in residence with Raffles. Each Raffles, be it Paris, Istanbul, Warsaw, Jakarta or Seychelles, serves as a venerated oasis where travellers arrive as guests, leave as friends and return as family. Raffles is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel and lifestyle group that invites travelers to feel welcome at more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe.
Located on the magical island of Praslin, are eighty-six architecturally exquisite villas with private plunge pools, touched by the sublime beauty of white powdered sands, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. These villas are designed in contemporary style, with private infinity pools and open spaces, to take full advantage of the tropical paradise. The one and two-bedroom villas are some of the largest in the archipelago, including an extensive outdoor pavilion. The luxury of space makes the villas the perfect haven for romantic getaways or family stays. Thoughtfully spread across gentle sloping hills, they combine privacy with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.
The resort boasts 86 private pool villas, which are stretched out along the hillside, offering stunning views of the opal-hued Indian Ocean and Curieuse Island. Designed in contemporary style, the villas feature a bedroom flooded with natural daylight, a strategically placed bath to soak up the incredible views, an outdoor pavilion, and a spacious terrace with a private plunge pool — perfect to refresh and take in the magnificent scenery. They are among the most spacious in the Seychelles (at a minimum of 125 m²). You have the option of taking relaxing strolls through the resort or using a round-the-clock buggy service.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
Combining the best of the local culture and cuisine with dishes from around the world, each restaurant and bar has its own unique atmosphere and setting – something to suit every mood and every occasion.
• Losean Restaurant– Start the day with an enticing spread of breakfast classics, from fruit and cereal to pastries and Continental meats and cheeses, with a live noodle station and eggs made to order. Come evening and Losean becomes an elegant dinner setting, with tables both inside and out in the gardens, candlelit and accompanied by the sounds of the sea.
• Curieuse– A gastronomic journey tracing through India, China and South East Asia, Curieuse, led by Chef de Cuisine Sunil Dutt, is Seychelles’ only Asian restaurant. Infused with oriental spice and aromatic ingredients, the menu varies from Thai salads and spicy sour soup to Indian curries and traditional Chinese stir-fries.
• Pool Restaurant & Bar– Showcasing fresh, local products and light cuisine, the Pool Restaurant & Bar offer a casual lunch setting, perfect for refueling during a busy day of soaking up the Seychellois sun.
• Danzil Lounge Bar– Taking its name from a local promontory, Denzil serves perfectly prepared drinks against a backdrop of inspiring views towards the ocean. Choose from a rich selection of fine wines, rums, spirits and skillfully-made tropical cocktails.
• Private and alfresco dining– choose to dine at your favorite location, or if you are staying in a private villa let one of our chefs come to cook for you. Alternatively, take Creole Cooking or cocktail classes, enjoy a sunset cruise with sushi and Champagne or have an aperitif at from a vantage point that overlooks one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Steps away from the coastline of Anse Takamaka, amidst stunning surroundings, Raffles Spa carefully designed to calm the spirit and awaken the senses. The luxurious spa features 12 treatment pavilions, showcasing the spectacular view of the blue ocean, tropical gardens and dramatic granite boulders.
Raffles Spa takes its inspiration from the pearl – found in abundance in local waters. It has a reputed ability to calm the spirit, open the heart chakra, stabilize emotions and rejuvenate the skin.
Corporate and Celebration Events
The perfect destination for a special event – be it pleasure or business, a board meeting, an anniversary or a gala dinner. We’ll make it happen exactly the way you want it. Raffles Praslin will make your special event one to remember. We can even arrange entertainment to fit your event – whether a solo guitarist, a live band or a “Moutya” – a traditional cultural show.
An unforgettable wedding celebration awaits couples amidst the stunning surroundings of the Raffles Seychelles. As luxury is not having to worry about the details, the resort’s dedicated wedding specialist will take care of all the arrangements according to your requirements, from finding the perfect location for the ceremony, to decoration, food and beverage arrangement, bridal make-up and hair-do and administrative requirements.*
Hotel Main Awards
• Seychelles’ Leading Hotel at the World Travel Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
Fodor’s Travel “Trip of a lifetime” Award 2012
Forbes Travel Guide’s top 10 beach resorts around the world 2012
Certificate of Excellence 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 by Trip Advisor
Condé Nast Traveller Hot List 2012 – Best New Hotels and Best World Spas
Condé Nast Johansens Luxury Spa Guide recommended 2012 and 2013
Best Spa Hotel Seychelles at the International Hotel Awards 2011 and 2012-2013
• Conde Nast Johansson’s Luxury Guide recommended 2014
• World’s Leading Luxury Villa Resort at World Travel Awards 2014
• Indian Ocean’s Leading Villa Resort at World Travel Awards 2015 & 2017
• Luxury Hotel of the Year at the Luxury Travel Awards 2017
• Luxury Resort of the Yeah – Seychelles at Luxury Travel Guide Awards 2019
To know more about Accor Hotel, please visit www.accorhotels.com
Raffles Seychelles employs 308 persons.