Selman Marrakech Morocco
Km 5 Route d’Amizmiz – 40160 Marrakech – Morocco
Date of Creation
1st of May 2012
Hotel General Manager
Graduated from EHL Hospitality Business School of Lausanne in 2002. Kamil Ennadifi has worked for different international groups such as Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Taj Hotels & Resorts or Accor. He had different stories when travelling to special destinations like Djibouti, Uganda, Vietnam and Middle Eastern countries. Before being appointed General Manager of Selman Marrakech in 2017. He had the privilege to do its pre-opening as F&B Director in 2011, and to come back few years later to take the overall general management of le Selman Marrakech.
5-star Luxury hotel
Selman Marrakech has always been one of the luxury hotels in Marrakech seeking for excellence. Our vision is to create a Moroccan experience around the most exclusive collection of Arabian horses and the unique Chenot SPA in Africa. The strategy’s main focus is to improve the brand positioning and extend our notoriety to new markets (North America, Middle East, Asia),
History & Story
At this intimate, personal, and family-owned property, each guest shares in the joy, love and dreams of their warm and passionate hosts. In this timeless palace, the art of traditional Moroccan hospitality has been revived. Precious moments are embodied in the presence of the sublime thoroughbred Arabian horses, symbols of a bygone grandeur, which capture the spirit of Selman and invite the joy of living. Graduate from Ecole hotelière de Lausanne and being a professional horse rider. The son of the family owners managed to gather both of his passions in this family project.
JACQUES GARCIA is the designer of Selman Marrakech.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Selman Marrakech: a palace with a unique, exquisite and charming feel nestled at the foot of the Atlas Mountains. Designed by Jacques Garcia and built by the finest craftsmen, Selman Marrakech has a captivating and timeless harmony. Emerging like a memory, it sparks our collective Orientalist imagination. All guests at this intimate and individual family property share in the joy, love and dreams of the impassioned and welcoming hosts. In this masterfully erected palace that is untouched by time, the art of Moroccan hospitality comes alive.
Precious moments enhanced by the presence of sublime thoroughbred Arabs, which symbolise the majesty of a civilisation and form the heart and soul of Selman Marrakech, welcoming the joy of life. This essential and unparalleled experience takes you back to the source of a long-forgotten luxury, rediscovered under the starlight of the Selman Marrakech.
Chrifia – km 17 – Amizmiz Road
Key sites/activities in the area
3 Golfs, Laser Game, escape game, Terre D’amanar ( trekking, Accro Park, Archery, Horse riding… ) , Quad, Buggy , Camel Rides.
Two luxury stables designed by Jacques Garcia for the most exclusive collection of Arabian horses
A unique Chenot SPA in Africa
Selman Kids is a candy-colored haven devoted exclusively to younger guests 4 -12 years old. It hosts your little ones in a friendly atmosphere, offering a complete programme with themed workshops including arts and crafts and poney carriage rides and visits of Selman’s stables.
The space is also equipped with toys, games, slides, swings, art elements and books to entertain your children while parents enjoy their hotel experience.
Number of suites:
• 5 suites of 120 m²; Our Suites are the perfect symbol of Moroccan art of living. They have a separate living room and two beautiful terraces overlooking the pool. The elegant bathrooms, made out of black and white Zellige tiles and marble, have a shower and a large bathtub.
• Number of Luxury rooms: 50 rooms; 6 classic rooms, 6 superior rooms, 18 deluxe rooms and 20 prestige rooms.
Our Classic rooms exude a unique, serene atmosphere. Spacious, they have a surface area of 55 m² located in the ground and large private terraces.
Our Superior rooms will make you drawn in by their refined, traditional decoration and the soft light that subtly illuminates the room. Spacious, they have a surface area of 55 m² and large balcony overlooking the countryside.
With a surface area of 55 m², our Deluxe rooms all have a large terrace overlooking the hotel’s gardens or the magnificent swimming pool. Wood, leather, stucco and Zelliges illuminate the room and highlight our exceptional furniture. The choice of materials and fabrics, as well as the warm colour schemes, give the room a relaxing and soothing atmosphere.
With a surface area of 70 m², our Prestige rooms have a lounge area and a private terrace. Located either on the ground or first floors, they offer a large outdoor space with breath-taking view of the swimming pool, or the Andalusian gardens of the hotel.
• Number of Luxury Villas: 4 Villas with 1 bedroom (of 580m²) and 1 villa with 2 bedrooms (of 700m²).
Intimate and luxurious, our villas immerse you in the heart of a traditional Moroccan residence, enhanced by soft notes of modernity and elegance. These havens of peace have a private garden with a large heated pool, as well as a butler service. A private entrance allows reaching the villas by car, in total privacy.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 60 keys
Restaurants & Bars
• LE SELMAN, International cuisine: Simultaneously elegant and relaxed, understated and majestic, intimate and open to the outside, Le Selman is a timeless restaurant that invites you on a journey of the senses. Le Selman has space for 70 covers and is open from 7 am to 10.30 am for breakfast and from 7 pm to 11 pm for dinner.
• Le Pavillon: In the heart of the hotel gardens, Le Pavillon restaurant is known by our famous Sunday brunch, with our Arab thoroughbred’s show. Le Pavillon can accommodate up to 80 people.
• ASSYL, Moroccan authentic cuisine With its authentic and charming setting, Assyl offers a gourmet menu that puts the spotlight on the richness of Moroccan cuisine in accordance with local heritage. With space for around 50 people, the restaurant is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 7 pm, offering dinner accompanied by a live band of Andalusian musicians.
• Le POOL: The menu is resolutely Mediterranean, unveiling fresh and tasty dishes to be enjoyed in a relaxed atmosphere by the 80-meter pool.
• Bar Selman: Enveloped by the electro-lounge music mixed by the resident DJ, Selman Bar is nestled at the heart of the hotel. With décor imbued with creativity and sophistication, it offers drinks and cocktails along with a light food menu and a selection of sushi. The bar is open every day from 6 pm to 1 am.
Nestled in the heart of the hotel Selman Marrakech, SPA Chenot is an exclusivity in Morocco. With an area of 1,200 m2, this wellness center is an oriental-inspired spa evoking the hammams of ancient Istanbul. Arranged around a heated central pool, it has seven treatment cabins, four hydrotherapy cabins, a jet massage pool, two heated outdoor pools, two steam rooms, a fitness center and a spa shop where Chenot product can be purchased.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• With elegant and refined decoration as well as Arab-Moorish architecture, Selman Marrakech offers the perfect setting for all kind of celebrations. The unique flexibility of our indoor and outdoor spaces allows you to organize all types of events: gala dinners, birthday parties, weddings or business meetings.
The hotel can be fully privatized to allow you to organize cocktail receptions up to 1000 guests.
• Our Meeting room can accommodate up to 110 people.
Extra Notable Features
Short distance for the best golf courses.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
5th position in the top 15 hotels in Northern Africa– Condé Nast traveler – Reader’s choice awards
BEST OF THE BEST TRAVELER’S CHOICE AWARDS – Tripadvisor -2020
Luxury Lifestyle Award – Hotel category – Luxury Lifestyle Award – 2020
AFRICA’S LEADING HOTEL – World Travel Awards – 2019
Best Luxury Destination Spa & Best Luxury Spa Retreat MENA – World Luxury Spa Awards – 2019
Travelers’ Choice 2016 – 2017- 2018 – 2019 | Tripadvisor
Number of employees