Singita Lebombo South Africa
P O Box 205, Skukuza, 1350
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Graham Kennedy – General Manager of South African Lodges.
5- Star Luxury Lodge
Singita has a firm commitment to the sustainability of each property by continuing to build upon three core pillars: wildlife conservation, eco-friendly tourism, and community support.
History & Story
Singita’s story began in 1925 when Luke Bailes’ grandfather purchased a piece of land in what would later become the Sabi Sand Reserve in South Africa. Situated in a remote corner of the Lowveld, the 45,000 acre reserve has evolved from its early days as a hunting concession to become an exclusive conservation reserve where all species are protected. Singita’s first lodge, Singita Ebony Lodge, opened its doors in 1993 in this magnificent piece of family land and the brand has been growing ever since.
Singita has unveiled a complete evolution of Singita Lebombo Lodge in Singita’s private 33,000 acre concession in South Africa’s Kruger National Park. Singita Lebombo has always been ahead of its time but now it’s come into its own after a major overhaul – but you’ll experience the same light, space, openness and connection with nature that you’ve always known at Lebombo. Not only does the design push the boundaries of safari style to the limit but the culinary offering at the lodge is equally game-changing with Liam Tomlin, Cape Town based founder of Chefs Warehouse, at the helm. This will be the Kruger like never before.
The new Singita Lebombo comprises 13 suites that give guests a front row seat to the Kruger National Park with bold, contemporary open plan suites suspended above the N’Wanetsi River. The private villa is the most exciting extension of the lodge; set apart from the main lodge, it features two family suites, each with a private pool, that link together to create a spectacular exclusive-use four-bedroom offering with a stunning shared pool. Built low down on the river bank beneath mature trees, the private villa is fully staffed, has an open- plan kitchen and its own boma.
Other highlights of the lodge include a new roof terrace and wine studio (a multi-level retreat which boasts a library, multi-media room, wine studio and rooftop viewing area), an interactive kitchen, an espresso bar and help-yourself deli, and an additional 25-metre lap pool. All communal areas of the lodge have been pushed out to ensure that the outside bursts in, offering elegant, calm and meditative spaces immersed in a dramatic landscape of giant euphorbia trees.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Your visit is sure to have a far reaching positive impact as it contributes to numerous conservation initiatives and community empowerment programs. These programs help to ensure a better future – not only for the land and the wildlife, but also for the local communities. In every sense, Singita is committed to facilitating the development of neighbouring rural populations through partnering with them on specific initiatives including education, healthcare, nutrition, training and business development.
Singita Kruger National Park is found on the south eastern reaches of the Kruger National Park, on South Africa’s border with Mozambique. Situated on 33,000 acres, this exclusive concession is one of the most incredible territories in the park and is home to exquisite selections of flora and fauna in four different eco-zones. This is where you will find Singita Lebombo Lodge.
Key sites/activities in the area
Daily game drives with professional guides and trackers. Walking safaris are an incredible way to experience the bush up close and personal.
For the adventurous guest, a mountain bike ride through the reserve just can’t be beat.
The Singita Boutique and Gallery, Not your regular curio shop, you will find original treasures that have been gathered from all corners of the African continent.
Singita, is the Shangaan word for ‘Place of Miracles’. In the spirit of miracles, Singita’s enduring purpose is to conserve, preserve, and protect the miraculous places of which we are custodians.
Children aged 10 and over are welcome in all our suites. Children of all ages are allowed in our two bedroom suites or villa.
All normal safari activities can be tailored to suit families. In the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
• Baking with the lodge chefs,
• Mini Rangers’ Course,
• Mountain biking.
Singita Lebombo Lodge is a celebration of cutting-edge design in an African context where everything defers to nature.
13 suites & one private-use villa:
• There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area.
• Spa and gym facilities are available.
• The Singita Boutique & Gallery
• There is a television available in the main lodge area.
• Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
• There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
• Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
• Children aged 10 and over are welcome. All normal safari activities can be tailored to suit families.
• In the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
Restaurants & Bars
• Swimming pool in the main lodge area,
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
• Visit to the Singita School of Cooking.
The Singita School of Cooking is a unique community development programme that provides youth from the local community with the skills required for a successful career as a chef. Upon completion of the 12-month training, students are assisted in applying for a position as a Comis Chef within Singita or at other lodges close to or within the Kruger National Park. Guests have the opportunity to visit the school, which is located within the staff village, as well as the chance to sponsor a student. Students who receive support keep in contact with their sponsors while studying, and sponsors receive a progress report of the student’s training.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• No.2 in Africa, Middle East and Indian Ocean, World’s Best Awards 2015, Travel + Leisure (USA)
• Ranked No.3, World’s Best Awards 2013 USA – Travel + Leisure Magazine
• Listed, Gold List 2014 – Top 10 Best Africa Safari Lodges and Wilderness Spots 2014 (USA), Condé Nast Traveler Magazi
• Ranked no. 12 in Africa, Readers’ Choice Awards 2014 , Condé Nast Traveler Magazine (USA)
• Ranked no. 69 in the World, Readers’ Choice Awards 2014 , Condé Nast Traveler Magazine (USA)
• World Tourism Awards 2014, in recognition of the company’s outstanding contribution to environmentally conscious hospitality.
Number of employees