Amanfayun Greater China
22 Fayun Lane, West Lake Street, West Lake Scenic Area, Hangzhou, PRC 310013
Date of Creation
20 Mar, 2022
Hotel General Manager
History & Story
The ancient village of Fayun was founded in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. According to historical records, there were literati living activities in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. In modern times, it was the residence of tea farmers in nearby tea gardens. The original site of Amanfayun is Fayun ancient village, including the surrounding tea gardens, covering a total area of 14 hectares. It was built in the Tang Dynasty and once lived by villagers in nearby tea gardens. During the Eastern Jin Dynasty, India’s Huili mage first came to the East, leaving four: Lingyin, Lingshun, Yongfu and shangtianzhu. They all have a history of more than 1600 years, which is the beginning of Hangzhou as a Buddhist country. Amanfayun is surrounded by seven temples.
01 Jan 2010, by Jaya Ibrahim
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
There are seven temples and monasteries within walking distance of Amanfayun. The most renowned is Lingyin Temple, founded in 326 AD. Another attraction in the vicinity of the resort is West Lake. With its historic bridges, pagodas, islands and gardens, its beauty is revered country wide.
Situated on 14 hectares on the outskirts of Hangzhou, the resort is comprised of 46 dwellings surrounded by tea fields, natural forests and lush groves of bamboo.
Key sites/activities in the area
To enhance your Village lifestyle at Amanfayun, we have prepared a variety of cultural activities on a daily basis for our guests. Please enjoy interaction with our artists and experience at first-hand different fields of Chinese traditional arts.
In the spirit of a traditional Chinese village, Amanfayun is a place to explore a place of stone pathways leading to shaded courtyards, quaint restaurants and peaceful abodes.
• Number of suites: 22
• Number of Luxury rooms: 1
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 46
• The 19 Village Rooms measure 66 square metres on average while the nine Village Suites measure around 88 square metres. Each Village Room has a king-sized bed, daybed and writing desk, and offers a spacious bathroom with a shower, toilet, dressing area and twin vanities.
• The 9 Village Suites are furnished in a similar way to the Village Rooms, however some have separate bedrooms and others have twin writing desks or daybeds
• Deluxe Suites–These suites number 13 in total and measure 135 squaremetres on average. Several feature a duplex configuration with the bedroom and bathroom located above the living room. Others enjoy their own private double massage treatment rooms with additional shower facilities.
• The four Village Villas each measure 204 square metres on average and feature a duplex configuration with private double massage treatment rooms.
• Amanfayun Villa–This 290-square metre structure comprises two king-sized bedrooms. Each has an suite bathroom and the master bedroom has a private sitting area. The residence is spread over two levels and includes an enclosed courtyard, an intimate reading area, a private massage room and an expansive lounge with a dining area and twin daybeds.
Restaurants & Bars
• Steam House– Located along Fayun Pathway, these imbue Amanfayun with the ambience of a vibrant community, providing home cooked cuisine in humble surrounds. The Steam House provides selected steamed dishes, rich in original flavor and traditional cooking wisdoms.
• Restaurant & Bar— Access via a stone walkway over a reflection pool, the Amanfayun Restaurant serves Western cuisine overlooking a terrace above Fayun Pathway. The menu features a number of classic international dishes, in essence offering finely-crafted comfort food. Above the Restaurant is a meeting and private dining room with two open-air terraces affording sweeping forest views.
All not inclusive
• Aman Spa– Consisting of five separate areas surrounded by bamboo groves and magnolia trees, the Aman Spa is a peaceful sanctuary. The five structures include the Reception and Reflexology House; the Bath House; the Fitness Centre offering a fully- equipped gym, Pilates and yoga; the Finishing Salon; and the Treatment House.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Fayun Place– The most commanding structure in the village, this facility dates back to the. The lower level houses a comfortable lounging area while the top level offers a library and two informal sitting and reading rooms. Fayun Place hosts events such as musical performances, exhibitions and traditional art demonstrations.
Extra Notable Features
• West Lake Boating with afternoon tea
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees