Anantara Desaru Coast Resort & Villas Malaysia
Anantara Desaru Coast Resort & Villas
Persiaran Pantai, Desaru Coast,
81930 Bandar Penawar, Johor Darul Ta´zim
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
With over 30 years of experience in the hospitality industry, Christian brings a strong grounding in the luxury market to his appointment at Anantara Desaru Coast Resort and Spa.
Christian began his hospitality career as an apprentice in Germany. With a strong Food and Beverage background he worked various managerial positions in New York, Spain, Mauritius and Bali. He joined the Anantara brand in 2011 as Director of Food and Beverage at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara in Abu Dhabi before being promoted to Executive Assistant Manager of Anantara Phuket Villas in Thailand.
In 2014 he was again promoted to General Manager of Anantara Bophut Resort in Koh Samui before taking up the role of General Manager of Anantara on Sir Bani Yas Island off the coast of Abu Dhabi. After a stint as General Manager of The Samaya Seminyak Bali Christian rejoined the company as General Manager of Anantara Desaru in 2019.
Anantara Desaru Coast Resort & Villas
History & Story
Anantara Desaru has been been build as the Luxury getaway destination for Malaysian as well as Singaporeans, surrounded by 2 championship golfgcourses an embeded into an integrated resort featuring a waterpark, this high end luxury property is overlooking the calm costal waters of Desaru Coast. Just 45 minutes drive from Johor Bahru international Airport or a short 1.5 hours drive from downtown Singapore, this tranquil beach destination is catering to families and couples alike.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Hotel is located directly on the sandy shores of desaru coast and is featuring local style Villas as well as residences of up to 4 bedrooms. The Villas are designed to emulate local Malaysian farm houses and have 1 or 2 bedrooms. All lead in room types are with 49 sqm exceptionally spacious and all have a balcony.
Anantara Desaru Coast is a luxury beach front escape on the golden shores of southern peninsular Malaysia. The neighborhood has a variety of local restaurants as well.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark
• Desaru Coast retail and lifestyle village
• Els Golfclub Desaru Coast (45 hotes)
• Desuru Golf Club (18 holes)
• Mangrove Echo Tour
• Johor Bahru Foodie Tour
• All attractions are conveniently located in walking distance of Anantara Desaru.
• A ferry can bring you within 2 hours to downtown Singapore featuring a scenic ride along Changi Airport.
• Compared to integrated resorts in Singapore, Desaru Coast is an affordable beach destination for families and couples
• Kids Club – Available
• Activités – T-shirt Painting, Board Games, Pizza Making
• Age – 3 – 12 years old
• Number of suites: Residences : 5 – Villas : 13
• Number of Luxury rooms: 90
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 108
• Premier Room : 49 sqm – 2 Adults + 1 Child – Located in the main building, Large private balcony
• Premier Corner Room : 50 sqm – 2 Adults + 1 Child – Large private balcony, Corner room with extra space
• Deluxe Sea View Room :49 sqm 2 Adults + 1 Child Sparkling sea views, Large balconies with seating
• Deluxe Sea View Corner Room : 50 sqm – 2 Adults + 1 Child – Extensive views of the resort and sea, Wrap-around balcony with ample seating
• One Bedroom Lagoon Pool Villa : 110 sqm – 2 Adults + 1 Child – Plunge pool
• Two Bedroom Lagoon Pool Villa : 164 sqm – 4 Adults + 1 Child – Private plunge pool, Two bedrooms
• Three Bedroom Beach Residence : 288 sqm – 6 Adults + 3 Children – Direct beach access, Accommodates up to 9 people
• Four Bedroom Beach Residence : 380 sqm – 8 Adults + 4 Children – Accommodates up to 12 people, Direct beach access
Restaurants & Bars
• Sea.Fire.Salt. : Signature seafood and grill.
• Turmeric : All-day dining with colonial charm. (Asian Flavours any time of the day)
• Infinity Bar : Shisha, drinks and cigars by the infinity pool.
• Lagoon Pool Bar : Poolside refreshment.
• Observatory Bar : Relaxed drinks and refreshments.
• The Lounge : Lobby-level tea, coffee and cakes.
• Dining by Design : Bespoke culinary experiences. (On request Only)
• Spa : 6 treatment rooms with en-suite bathroom
Premium branded products
• Swimming Pool Two resort swimming pools
• Fitness : Modern Gym – Cardio Machines, Resistance Machines & Free Weights
Corporate and celebration events
• Johor Ballroom : Size (M) 9.25×22.45, Theare Style Capacity 168, Calss Room Capacity 90, U-Shape Capacity 27, Banquet 100, Cocktail 200 , H-Sqaure 36
• Johor I or II : Size (M) 9.25×11.15 , Theare Style Capacity 72, Calss Room Capacity 36, U-Shape Capacity 27, Banquet Capacity 50, Cocktail Capacity 100, H-Sqaure Capacity 36
• Lebam : Size (M) 5.91×7.11, Boardroom Capacity 12
Extra notable features
• Water Sports – (Seasonal)
• Awardwinning SPA located within the Hotel
• Observatory Bar overlooking the resort and the vast ocean vistas
• Cooking Class – Spice Spoons (Learn the secrets of Malay and Thai cuisine.)
• Cinéma Under the Star – Comfy Lounger and Watch blockbuster movies on a big screen
• Excursions – Mangrove Echo Tour , Johor Bahru Foodie Tour