Banyan Tree Krabi Thailand
Banyan Tree Krabi
279 Moo 3, Tambon Nongtalay, Amphoe Muang, |Krabi 81180 Thailand
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts
Asset World Corporation (AWC), a member of TCC Group
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager:
Mr. Nigel Fisher
Mr. Nigel Fisher, an Australian national has been working in luxury hotel management across Asia and Australia since 1985 after graduating from Switzerland’s prestigious Ecole Hôtelière De Lausanne. He worked for Hyatt International hotels for 15 years followed by employment with four seasons in Australia during the 2000s. He took on the role of general manager at leading hotels in Malaysia and the Philippines before moving to Banyan Tree in 2015. from his first post at Banyan Tree Huangshan in China, He stepped up as area GM for Lijiang and Ringha. He then oversaw the opening of Angsana Penang before being joining Banyan Tree Krabi in late 2021.
Resort – 5 Star Luxury
Banyan Tree Krabi
History & Story
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts has created yet another locally-infused sanctuary offering a place to rejuvenate the mind, body and soul in a truly awe-inspiring location. Banyan Tree Krabi is located approximately 30 minutes from Ao Nang heading up the coast on the partially-isolated, but gorgeous Tubkaek Beach. The resort is located at the northern end of the beach and is in close proximity to the Hat Noppharat Thara – Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park. Highlights include absolutely stunning sea-facing pool suites and villas, a beach bar, wedding sunset deck, a Banyan Tree spa and much more.
Asset World Corp Public Company Limited
After achieving our key milestone listing on the stock exchange of Thailand (set) in October 2019, Asset World Corp Pcl (AWC), Thailand’s leading integrated lifestyle real estate group, is working towards our mission of « building a better future » through continued and steady growth. confident in Thailand’s long-term potential and our strong infrastructure and business models, we have set the following key objectives: growth-led strategy / balanced and diversified portfolio / middle to high income customer segment / global and unique partners / new benchmark / synergies and sustainability.
Latest renovation: ongoing maintenance since 2010.
Quarterly renovation to villas, Facilities and public areas on an annual basis.
Date Added Extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• First luxury resort opening in krabi since 2009
• Only property in the destination which offers all pool suites & villas accommodation
• Fabulous semi-private beach with incredible sunset views
• Embraced on two sides by one of thailand’s most alluring national parks, and on its seaside by yet another marine national park
• Saffron, Banyan Tree’s specialty restaurant supported by birds nest dining (tree pod dining)
• World renowned Banyan Tree spa and a rain forest facility
• Resort inspired by the story of the “Naga”
• Banyan Tree host concept exclusive to the brand
• All suites have a saltwater pool and jet pool entering the bathroom
• The décor of the rooms and color scheme feels fresh, contemporary, colorful and young.
• Sunset wedding deck with spectacular views of the andaman sea
Unique experiences: destination dining, cooking class, floating breakfast, chef’s table – communal dining, traditional Thai dance, muay Thai boxing, alms-giving ceremony, the rainforest
Tiered into the hillside and facing the sunset, Banyan Tree Krabi is nestled in the northern- most point of quiet Tubkaek Beach with a steep incline towards the bountiful green hilltops of the national park behind. ose with the stamina for hiking will want to conquer Khao Ngon Nak Scenic Point, a healthy two-hour climb rewarded with sensational panoramic views on both sides. evergreen forest is alive with sprays of bamboo and, near the peak, the fresh scent of pine trees. e park is protected and, as such, acts as a buer and a guarantee that Banyan Tree’s resort remains unmolested by any future plans for development in the vicinity.
The Naga. The « naga » is a serpentine creature from Hindu mythology which has long been adopted by the people of Krabi into local beliefs and superstitions. Visitors will come across naga amulets for good luck, jewelry and souvenirs, as well as many depictions of the semi-dragon, semi-snake around the art galleries of the town. It is also worth mentioning that BanyanTree Krabi sits at the foot of Naga Crest Hill, so called for its undulating landscape, similar to a slithering dragon. The naga theme is also evident throughout the resort in its design features.
The Kids’ Club provides a welcome distraction for our little guests, with a mix of fun and educational activities such as sandcastle making, Naga Land Tournament, cupcake decorating and traditional Thai dancing classes. Located between the beach and the Spa, The Kids’ Club is surrounded by a small waterpark with a serpentine slider and shallow saltwater pools. The outdoor play area also includes a zipline, a rope bridge, a Naga-themed cave and a climbing wall.
• Number of suites:
• Number of Luxury rooms:
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
Restaurants & Bars
3 restaurants – Thai, International, Rustic and Mediterranean
• The Naga Kitchen : Indoor 52 Outdoor 90
• Saffron : Outdoor 30 Indoor 28 Bar 12
• Bird’s Nest : Outdoor 22
Bars, Lounges: 1 – Kredkeaw Bar
• Main Pool, Kids’ Pool, Yoga Centre, Wellbeing Classes, Wellbeing Cuisine, The Rainforest – Hydrotherapy Wellness Facility
Corporate & Celebrations events
Muang Moraghod 1&2 / Cave Moraghod 1,2,3 / Ballroom/ Beach Lawn, Sunset Wedding Deck
Extra Notable Features
• Pre-function & meeting room space • Beach Bar • Banyan Tree Spa with Rainforest Hydrotherapy facility
• Fitness Centre • Saltwater chlorinated Pool / Kids’ swimming pool • Kids’ Club • Sunset Wedding Deck
• 24 hour laundry service • Internet wi-fi access across the resort • Reception lobby • Banyan Tree Gallery
• Complimentary shuttle bus to downtown • Complimentary daily recreational activity • Complimentary daily kids’ activity.
• The International Hotel & Property Awards 2021 – Design Award UK (Hotel Under 200 rooms Asia Pacific)
• Destination Deluxe Awards 2021 – Second Runner-Up for New Hotel of the Year
Number of Employees