Banyan Tree Samui
Banyan Tree Samui
99, Maret, Surat Thani
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts
Asset World Corporation (AWC)
Date of Creation
01 July 2010
Hotel General Manager:
Mr. Remko Kroesen, Area General Manager
Remko Kroesen has been the General Manager of Banyan Tree Samui since 2012. He brought with him over three decades of experience within the hospitality industry, which started in Europe followed by New Zealand and Australia, and has been working in Asia for the last 12 years. During his career, he has worked for brands such as Hyatt, Regent, Hilton, Sheraton, Sofitel and Accor.
Banyan Tree Samui
History & Story
The 88 luxurious villas at Banyan Tree Samui are nestled into a lush terraced landscape overlooking the resort’s private bay and the sapphire waters of the Gulf of Thailand.
Each villa has its own infinity pool and heated jet pool, while the resort fulfills tropical vacation fantasies with a private beach, blissful spa and massage escapes, sumptuous dining, marine activities, and heartwarming Thai hospitality.
Spread over 38 acres of jungle terrain, Banyan Tree Samui has been consistently recognized as one of the top hotels in the country since opening in July 2010.
After achieving our key milestone listing on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) in October 2019, Asset World Corp PCL (AWC), Thailand’s leading integrated lifestyle real estate group, is working towards our mission of « Building a Better Future » through continued and steady growth. Confident in Thailand’s long-term potential and our strong infrastructure and business models, we have set the following key objectives: Growth-Led Strategy / Balanced and Diversified Portfolio / Middle to High Income Customer Segment / Global and Unique Partners / New Benchmark / Synergies and Sustainability
Latest Renovation: Ongoing maintenance since 2010. Quarterly renovation to villas, facilities and public areas on an annual basis.
Landscaping: P Landscape
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Remote, yet convenient, location on a private bay – 19km from the airport – which features a house reef accessible from the beach Award-winning spa featuring The Rainforest – Koh Samui’s only hydrotherapy wellness experience A selection of one- and two-bedroom villas featuring some of the largest infinity pools on the island and the only resort with the Spa Sanctuary Pool Villa product/experience Dedicated Villa Host assigned to all guests Sustainable resort operations with EarthCheck Gold Certification and Green Hotel Award: Gold Certification from the Department of Environmental Quality Promotion – the only resort among our competitor set to achieve these Largest single meeting venue (Ballroom) supported by smaller breakout rooms and a boardroom. Multiple venue options and experiences for groups/ weddings (events centre, beach, lawn, the Edge, etc). Largest lawn area and ballroom in comp set.
Location encourages a range of activities within close proximity to the resort.
Windsurfing, Hobie Catamaran Sailing (with instructor, Kayaking, Body Boarding, Hobie Catamaran Sailing, Snorkelling Sets.
Samui International Airport (USM): Samui International Airport is the sole international airport on the island of Koh Samui. The hotel is located approximately 19 km away and is about a 30 minutes drive from the airport via the resort limousine or local taxi.
We were thrilled to have sea turtle nests from a green turtle (Chelonia mydas) at our private beach from February to May 2020.
The five nests that were discovered in February and March 2020 contained 600 eggs and a total of 269 hatchlings returned to sea in April and May 2020.
In partnership with Thailand’s Department of Marine and Coastal Resources, we monitored the nests to protect them from predatory species such as water monitors and birds until the hatchlings emerged.
Kids Club: Our Kids’ Club is available for children ages four to 12 and features a variety of activities for entertainment. Arts and crafts, games and traditional Thai dance classes are available. Babysitting services for children ages four to 12 are also available with advance notice.
Open Daily: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Main Pool and Kids’ Pool : The 50-metre long pool provides a relaxing setting overlooking the beachfront lawn and our private bay, while our spacious Kids’ Pool, adjacent to our Kids’ Club and beachfront lawn, delivers a perfect space for children.
Open Daily: 8.00am – 6.30pm
• Number of villa: 88 Pool villa
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
• 88 Pool villa
• Deluxe Pool Villa – Garden View
• Partial Ocean View Pool Villa – Partial Ocean ViewOcean View Pool Villa – Ocean View
• Horizon Hillcrest Pool Villa – Unobstructed Ocean View
• Royal Banyan Ocean Pool Villa – Unobstructed Ocean ViewFamily Deluxe Pool Villa – Garden View
• Family Ocean Pool Villa – Ocean View
• Presidential Pool Villa – Unobstructed Ocean View
Restaurants & Bars
• Saffron : Signature Restaurant
• The Edge : International Breakfast & Lunch
• Sands : Fresh Seafood & prime Cuts
• Lobby Lounge : Afternoon Tea Cocktails with tapas
• Pool Bar : Sandwiches, Juices , Cocktails
• Spa : The very best of spa treatments and therapies developed in award-winning Banyan Tree tradition awaits you in this secret hideaway featuring The Rainforest, a holistic hydrotherapy wellness experience designed to heal and soothe. With a suite of 10 spa treatment pavilions, your search for blissful respite can be found in the peace of Banyan Tree Spa Samui. Surrender yourself to the intuitive touch of our professionally-trained therapists and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul in a setting of tropical serenity.
• Fitness Centre : The fitness centre includes treadmills, elliptical and cycling machines and an extensive range of free weights and machines facilitating strength training. Open Daily: 6.30am – 9.00pm
• Main Pool and Kids’ Pool : The 50-metre long pool provides a relaxing setting overlooking the beachfront lawn and our private bay, while our spacious Kids’ Pool, adjacent to our Kids’ Club and beachfront lawn, delivers a perfect space for children. Open Daily: 8.00am – 6.30pm
Corporate & Celebrations events
• 1 Ballroom – Banyan Ballroom = Banyan I + Banyan II (168sqm) Up to capacity of 120 persons or more
• 2 Meeting Rooms – Kathi Room (84sqm) & Tarnsai Room (40sqm)
• Destination Wedding : Embark on the rest of your lives together at Banyan Tree Samui, where romantic vistas of the Gulf of Thailand and the serenity of our private bay combine to create a setting as unique as your love story. Whether you’re dreaming of a wedding ceremony nestled beachside or perched on the hillside overlooking our resort, this intimate destination delivers a retreat to nature and tranquility, setting the mood for the most unforgettable day of your life.
• Audio-visual Equipment , LCD Projectors & Microphones ,Whiteboards , Wireless & Broadband Access
Extra Notable Features
Library and Games Room : The Library has an extensive collection of books, novels, newspapers, magazines and games for your selection. Open Daily: 7.00am – 11.00pm
Yoga Centre: Complimentary yoga, stretching and sun salutation classes are available under the tutelage of our in-house instructor. For those looking for a more personalised session, private classes are available.
Open Daily: 8.00am – 6.00pm