Bellagio by MGM Shanghai Greater China
Bellagio by MGM Shanghai
No. 188, Beisuzhou Road, Shanghai
MGM Resorts International
Date of Creation
8th June 2018
Hotel General Manager
5-star Luxury, member of LHW
Nurture and Inspire Talent, Operate Excellence, Build Distinct Brands, Grow Worldwide, Drive Sustainable Returns
Bellagio by MGM Shanghai
History & Story
Bellagio Shanghai is a sibling hotel to the renowned Bellagio Towers in Las Vegas. Set on the banks of the Suzhou River next to the Waibaidu Bridge, and offering incomparable views of the Bund and the Lujiazui district, it is designed to impress and inspire an elite clientele. Guest accommodations are exceptionally spacious, and some feature expansive private terraces, while suites are tended by personal butlers. Reflecting the hotel’s location, interiors are sleek and sophisticated, with art deco accents. A variety of dining options has been conceived to appeal to a range of tastes, while a well-appointed spa and fitness center offers relaxation and rejuvenation. In addition, there is extensive function and meeting space, including a pillar-free Grand Ballroom with natural light and a 7-meter-high ceiling.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Taking advantage of the exceptional panoramic view of Pudong’s modern skyline, the layout incorporates large open windows and waterfront facing rooms. The hotel’s 160 rooms and suites are complemented by a 1900-square-meter SPA, 20-meter pool with natural light, three restaurants and one lounge, and the Grand Ballroom and the atrium, with a state-of-the-art, LED and integrated audio system, establishing a new benchmark for enlightened luxury living and personalized services.
Bellagio Shanghai sits on the banks of Suzhou River, next to the historic Waibaidu Bridge. This one-of-a-kind location takes in one of the best sides of the city – both the historic Bund and the dynamic Lujiazui skyline. It only takes 50 minutes drive from Pudong International Airport, 30 minutes drive from Hongqiao International Airport, 10 minutes drive from Lujiazui Financial Center. The renowned shopping centers of Nanjing Road are just 10 minutes from the hotel, while the subway station can be conveniently reached within 500 meters.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Shanghai Postal Museum
• Garden Bridge of Shanghai
• Maison Patek Philippe
• The Bund
• Exotic Building clusters in The Bund
• Number of suites:24
• The 100- to 400-sqm Deluxe Suite bestows an air of elegance in a residential style. Tastefully decorated with contemporary details, the suites offer a warm and serene sanctuary overlooking the Suzhou river and Lujiazui skyline. Featuring spacious living space, an enclosed bedroom, and custom-made furniture and art, the Deluxe Suite redefines luxury living.
•Number of Luxury rooms:136
• The 60-to70-sqm Deluxe Room fitted with floor-to-ceiling windows offering breathtaking city views. It features one comfortable king-size bed or two queen-size beds, a distinct working area, and a well-designed walk-in closet. The spacious bathroom boasts a white granite bathtub and a separate shower, providing sophisticated residential comfort away from the demands of urban life.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 160
Each of the guestrooms and suites reflects the style of the Art Deco area and offers panoramic views of Pudong’s modern skyline.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Lounge – An elegant and cozy atmosphere, ideal for business meetings and social gatherings. Offering Bellagio signature afternoon tea and artisanal coffee, guests can enjoy live music in the evening while indulging in modern small plates and craft cocktails.
• Café Bellagio – A throw-back to Las Vegas nostalgia, Café Bellagio is designed to re-create the classic American diner experience with a modern sensibility. With the contemporary art deco design and seasonal menu, it is a perfect venue for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
• LAGO – Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, LAGO is a progressive dining experience featuring fashion-forward interiors, creative Italian cuisine, and spectacular views of the Suzhou River. There is a contemporary-designed dining room with a large outdoor terrace and a cupola to choose from.
• Mansion on One – Paying homage to Shanghai’s legacy, the authentic Chinese restaurant, Mansion on One is right in the heritage mansion, which has enjoyed a meticulous renovation, with vernaculars lovingly restored while the interior boasts a brand-new design. Mansion on One is authentic in its cuisine, featuring Cantonese and Shanghainese styles of cooking. A Beijing Duck oven, carefully handmade to roast one of the best ducks in town. The private dining rooms deliver elegance and bring the feel of the classic 1920s, set in three different color moods of red, gold, and green, each with its own unique decoration and style.
The calming 1,900-square-meter Spa at Bellagio Shanghai occupies two floors, featuring treatments blended with traditional Chinese techniques. The spacious gym and adjacent movement studio feature Technogym equipment. Guests can simply indulge in the SPA’s harmonious atmosphere or enjoy a swim in the 20-meter pool to round off their Spa experience.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Grand Ballroom -Located on the second floor, the 700-square-meter Grand Ballroom reaches lives up to its name with 7-meter-high ceilings and windows with natural light. It offers an exquisite setting that can be adapted to a range of sizes and arrangements for various occasions.
• Bella Vista – Bella Vista offers a beautiful terrace for entertaining in style, with spectacular views of the Bund and Suzhou River. This ballroom offers a perfect party space, which leads to the terrace for connected events.
• Atrium – The atrium demonstrates the merge of cutting-edge technology with welcoming elegance, with a state-of-the-art LED and integrated audio system. A spacious dedicated elevator is available for motor vehicles and other large equipment for product launches and fashion shows.
• Function Rooms – The hotel also features two multi-function meeting rooms. With a height over three meters, these meeting rooms can be flexibly combined to suit a variety of gatherings and activities, such as executive councils, board meetings, media interviews, and VIP receptions.
Extra Notable Features
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2021 – HURUN 17th BEST OF THE BEST LUXURY HOTEL IN SHANGHAI STAR PERFORMER
2021 – CHINA HOTEL AWARDS – BEST HOTEL OF THE YEAR
2021 – HUIJI NEW MEDIA & HOTEL AWARDS
2021 – WITRIP BEST LUXURY HOTEL
2021 – HOTEL DISCOVERY AWARDS BEST LUXURY HOTEL
2021 – CHINA HOTEL AWARDS BEST LUXURY HOTEL
2021 – FM105.7 CITYLIFE TOP50
2020 – VOYAGE BEST HOTEL & RESORT VALUE AWARD TOP50
2020 – BEST 100 MICE CHINA AWARDS
2020 – HOTEL WEDDING AWARDS BEST LUXURY WEDDING VENUE
2020 – SHANG HOTEL AWARDS TOP 10 LUXURY HOTEL IN CHINA
2020 – HIGHLIGHTS AWARDS
Number of employees