Capella Bangkok Thailand
300/2 Charoenkrung Road, Yannawa, Sathorn Bangkok 10120
Capella Hotels & Resorts
Waterfront Hotel Co., Ltd. (Branch 00001)
Date of Creation
October 1, 2020
Hotel General Manager
John Blanco – For the past 25 years, John was single-minded in his pursuit of luxury hospitality with an impressive track record at Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons and many award-winning independent hotels. His global perspective and proficiency in six languages put him in good stead to curate memorable experiences for Capella Bangkok’s international clientele.
5-star / LHW
Chao Phraya Estate – part of the property development by the owner
History & Story
Capella Bangkok was built brand new along the most historical road of Thailand which was the first road in year 1864. Capella Bangkok opened in October 2021 with sophisticated yet insouciant, contemporary yet timeless, it mingles the effortless class of a grande dame with the intimacy and personality of a boutique. The 101-room beauty boasts private villas, a Capella Culturist (personal assistant), fine dining overseen by a Michelin-starred chef Cote by Mauro Colagreco… and a breezily bellwether style you’ll want to make your own. Discerning, spirited travelers who appreciate their refinement with a side of whimsy will consider Capella Bangkok their personal pied a terre.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
As masters in our craft of hospitality, we offer the highest level of personalised service and seek to stir your heart with extraordinary experiences. Craftsmanship is imbued into every detail of each hotel and resort; handcrafting even the smallest of details to give you insider access to the region’s culture, community and tradition.
Swan-dive into the best of the Thai capital. The Chao Phraya River is the life source of Thailand, a working and living body of water that winds through the heart of Bangkok, carrying in its ebb and flow the vestiges of merchant cultures. Charoenkrung is the city’s oldest paved road where historic, resilient neighbourhoods steeped in tradition, meet trendy fashionable cafes, bars and art galleries.
Key sites/activities in the area
The Chao Phraya: A river in Renaissance, the River of Kings, confluence of cultures and commerce. Explore and discover it by longtail boat or luxury private craft. The latest addition to the river, ICONSiam, the largest upscale retail and entertainment complex in the city.
Chaorenkrung Road is the oldest road in Bangkok and where the city’s story begins. Stretching from Yaowarat (China Town) to Yannawa, the road is filled with an eclectic mix of local eateries, trendy bars, art galleries and temples, ie Wat Arun, Grand Palace, Wat Pho and etc
Our Capella Culturists are expert in the areas of creating fun and memorable experience as follows :
One road, Two Wheels – bicycle tour
Behind Bar – personalised tour to bars around the area
A Moment of Meditation – guide to meditation with a local monk
We do not have specific children corner but we do tailor made children activities for our Little Stars for all ages and including adults can participate in these programs in our Living Room.
Thai Dye Tam Dai led (tie dye activity)
Thai Kite by Uncle Seree (kite making)
Time for Totes (Totes painting)
• Number of suites: 24 suites & 7 villas
• Number of Luxury rooms: 70
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 101
All 101 accommodations and villas on the river’s edge offers a panoramic view of the river with either a private balcony or a verandah with a jacuzzi plunge pool.
18 x Riverfront (61 SQ.M.)
52 x Riverfront Premier (61 SQ.M.)
2 x Courtyard Suite (101 SQ.M.)
8 x Verandah (137 SQ.M.)
8 x River Suite (95 SQ.M.)
2 x River Premier Suite (110 SQ.M.)
2 x Capella Suite (153 SQ.M.)
2 x Verandah Suite (209 SQ.M.)
6 x Villa (259 SQ.M.)
1 x Presidential Villa (595 SQ.M.)
Connecting room options:
2 x 2-Bedroom Family Courtyard Suite (162 SQ.M.)
1 x 2-Bedroom Family River Suite (156 SQ.M.)
2 x 2-Bedroom Family Capella Suite (214 SQ.M.)
Restaurants & Bars
• Phra Nakhon: Authentic regional Thai cuisine in a sun washed, contemporary setting on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. A Thai Greenhouse and the freshest locally sourced ingredients are the inspiration for beautifully presented creations.
• Côte by Mauro Colagreco: Three -Michelin star chef Mauro Colagreco presents a contemporary reinterpretation of the traditional recipes and culinary heritage of the French and Italian Riviera.
• Stella: Bespoke patisserie and libations crafted to suit the palate and staged in a glamorous riverfront salon. (nightly live music and bar nibbles)
• Tea Lounge: Remarkable river views and a calming lily pond are the backdrop for all-day drinks and an indulgent afternoon tea.
• Auriga Wellness : Tailored wellness is at the core of our signature spa sanctuary, a calming enclave where your path of rejuvenation is mapped out in alignment with your individual needs.
• Outdoor infinity pool with river view size 25 x 8.5m
• Water Therapy, Fitness Center, BogaFit, Anti-Gravity Yoga, Muay Thai, TRX, Wellness Pavilion
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Ballroom (747 sq.m.)
• Salon (72 sq.m.)
• Atelier I (150 sq.m.)
• Atelier II (45 sq.m.)
• Atelier III (84 sq.m.)
• Atelier IV (91 sq.m.)
• Courtyard (428 sq.m.)
Extra Notable Features
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Award – #4 Best Hotel in the World
• Travel+Leisure’s World’s Best Award – #1 Best City Hotel Bangkok
• Travel+Leisure’s World’s Best Award – #2 Best City Hotel Asia
• Travel+Leisure’s IT LIST 2021
• CondeNast Traveler Hot List 2021 Award
• CondeNast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards 2021 – Top 10 Hotels in Bangkok
• DestinAsian Luxe List 2021 – Best New Hotels in Asia Pacific
• TIME’S 2021 WORLD’S GREATEST PLACES – Bangkok
• Departures Magazine – The Legend Awards 2021 – The 15 Most Astounding Hotel Openings Worldwide
• 41st Annual Gold Key Awards 2022 – Best Lobby Luxury
• Sleeper Magazine – The 2021 AHEAD Asia – Event Spaces
Number of employees