InterContinental Chiang Mai Mae Ping Thailand
InterContiental Chiang Mai Mae Ping
153 Sridonchai Road, Chang Khlan, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50100 Thailand
IHG Hotels & Resorts
AWC Hotel Property Mae Ping Co., Ltd.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Peter Pottinga
A native of the Netherlands with over 25 years of experience in Senior Manager and General Manager positions working across the globe, from America, through Europe and Asia.
5-star Luxury Hotel
Developed by the Asset World Corp Public Company Limited (AWC), Thailand’s leading integrated lifestyle real-estate group. InterContinental Chiang Mai Mae Ping pays homage to the Lanna culture where every facet is enriched with history and the spirit of authentic local heritage.
InterContinental Chiang Mai Mae Ping
History & Story
Decorated with exquisite handicrafts, InterContinental Chiang Mai Mae Ping features 240 elegant rooms and suites offer a fascinating sense of discovery – a journey of the senses further enhanced at five elevated restaurants and bars, and the manicured lawn set against the backdrop of a 600-year-old stupa suitable for social gatherings and prestigious events.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Stunning Design: Seamlessly integrating the rich Lanna heritage, weaving a captivating story throughout the hotel
• Prime location: Located in the heart of Chiang Mai adjacent to the 600-year-old Wat Chang Kong heritage site, the hotel offers easy access to the renowned Tha Phae Gate and other famous landmarks in Chiang Mai.
• Culinary Experiences: Teresa Teng-inspired afternoon tea, authentic Northern Thai cuisine, and Chinese cuisine, highlighting specialities from Sichuan, Cantonese, and Taiwan.
• Destination Experiences: Curated experiences carefully selected and crafted by our Concierge team
• Facilities: A state-of-the-art fitness centre with modern equipment, two outdoor swimming pools exclusively designed for adults and children, Planet Trekkers little guests to enjoy.
InterContinental Chiang Mai Mae Ping is an alluring contemporary escape adjacent to the heritage site of Wat Chang Kong in the heart of Chiang Mai Old Town, only a short drive from Chiang Mai International Airport. By seamlessly blending Lanna heritage and modernity, the storied property imbues every moment with a sense of local cultural wisdom.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Wat Chang Kong
• Wat Sri Suphan (The Silver Temple)
• Kalm Village
• Chiang Mai City Arts & Cultural Center
• Studio Naenna
• Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
• MAIIAM Contemporary Art Museum
• The hotel is adjacent to the 600-year-old Wat Chang Kong Heritage site
• The hotel’s interior design, architectural elements, and landscaping have been influenced and inspired by the Lanna Kingdom. Such as, the hotel entrance and lobby are inspired by Tha Phae Gate, Kam Lobby Lounge is inspired by Yi Peng Lantern Festival, Guest rooms are inspired by the crafts of Lanna, The Gad Lanna is inspired by the Lanna market.
• Before the renovation was the Imperial Mae Ping Hotel, a preferred place to stay in Chaing Mai of the famous Taiwanese artist Teresa Teng
Planet Trekkers (kids’ club) is available for children aged 4-12 years old.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 240
• Number of Luxury rooms: 234 rooms
– Classic Room (Chiang Mai City View and Doi Suthep Mountain View) 30-37 sqm : 125 rooms
– Premium Room (Chiang Mai City View and Doi Suthep Mountain View) 41-43 sqm : 81 rooms
– Premium Club Benefits Access (Chiang Mai City View and Doi Suthep Mountain View) 41-43 sqm : 28 rooms
• Number of suites: 6 suites
– One-bedroom Suite (69-73 sqm) : 4 suites
– Ambassador Suite (114 sqm) : 1 suite
– Presidential Suite (165 sqm) : 1 suite
Restaurants & Bars
Kam Lobby Lounge
Immerse yourself in the enchanting ambience where the spirit of the Yi Peng Lantern Festival comes alive with Lanna lantern-shaped lamps decorating the ceiling. Start your day with a freshly brewed cup of coffee and homemade pastries, or savour delectable a la carte light meals, and delight in an opulent afternoon tea experience. As night falls, the lounge transforms into a captivating Jazz bar, serving expertly crafted cocktails by our mixologists.
The Gad Lanna
Inspired by Chiang Mai’s vibrant culture, The Gad Lanna embraces the essence of a traditional Gad, Chiang Mai local word meaning market, serving authentic northern Thai cuisine prepared with organic seasonal ingredients sourced from the Royal Projects and local farms, by our experienced chefs who have a deep understanding of the local produce and traditional cooking methods. Indulge yourself in the flavours that tell a captivating culinary story.
HONG’s Chinese Restaurant & Sky Bar
HONG’s Chinese Restaurant & Sky Bar opens up an entirely different perspective of Chiang Mai. From the 16th floor and rooftop are extraordinary vistas of Doi Suthep and the city below, to be contemplated while indulging in Chinese cuisine highlighting the distinct flavours and specialities from Sichuan, Cantonese, and Taiwanese, Teresa Teng-inspired afternoon tea with rare blends, and crafted cocktails at the sky bar.
• Outdoor adults’ swimming pool
• Outdoor kids’ swimming pool
• Fitness centre
Corporate & Celebration Events
• The Lawn: 50-300 guests
• Grand Ballroom: 100-600 guests
• Meeting Room A: 20-50 guests
• Meeting Room B: 14-40 guests
• Meeting Room C: 14-40 guests
• Meeting Room D: 10-30 guests
• Meeting Room E: 20-60 guests
Extra Notable Features
• Authentic northern Thai cooking class
• Teresa Teng-inspired Afternoon Tea
• Planet Trekkers (kids’ club)
• Curated experiences by Concierge team
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees