InterContinental Phuket Resort
InterContinental Phuket Resort
333/3 Moo 3, Kamala, Phuket, 83150, Thailand
IHG Hotels & Resorts | InterContinental Hotel & Resorts
Date of Creation
2 Aug 2019
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Bjorn Courage – General Manager & President of the Phuket Hotels Association.
5-star Luxury Resort, ?Virtuoso?
Proud Group, is involved in hospitality real estate that includes the InterContinental Phuket & Hua Hin Resorts, Holiday Inn Hua Hin, Vana Nava Waterpark at Hua Hin and Andamanda Water Park at Phuket. The group is also the owner of the InterContinental Residences in Hua Hin. The group is constantly evaluating new opportunities in the Thailand resort and leisure market.
InterContinental Phuket Resort
History & Story
Nestled on the powder-soft sands of Kamala Beach, InterContinental Phuket Resort is an elegant, luxury beachside hideaway. Situated on an expansive area of land over two wings, one on the hillside and one down at the beachfront. Cocooned by jungle-covered hills at one end and offers heavenly views of the Andaman Sea on the other it’s Thai-inspired architecture is sprinkled with details from local legends, providing a tranquil, almost ethereal backdrop for intimate getaways, enchanting holidays, and energizing short breaks. Decorated with rich hues and warm wood tones, our 221 rooms, suites, and villas are elegant havens brought to life by charming touches of the locale. Come discover the raw beauty of nature, at our private beach resort in Phuket.
New Build in 2019.
Date added extensions
Tengoku Japanese Izakaya & 333 on the Beach added in 2022, hom Restaurant added in 2023.
Known as an exclusive natural sanctuary where contemporary Thai culture inspires authentic and soulful experiences through luxury accommodation, culinary journeys, sustainable practices, curated meetings and bespoke celebrations.
Kamala Beach is located between Surin and Patong Beach, facing west with breath-taking sunset views. The waters of the protected bay are clear and calm from November to April. Larger waves are common from May to October, which is suitable for surfers.
Keys sites / activities in the area
Phuket Old Town: Built on the riches from the glory days of the island’s tin boom, this quarter of town glows with personality and history, from the Chinese-colonial mansions to the shrines, temples, cafés and museums.
Promthep Cape and Lighthouse: On the extreme south end of Phuket. Local villagers used to refer to the cape as Laem Chao, or the God’s Cape, and it was an easily recognisable landmark for the early seafarers travelling up the Malay Peninsula from the sub-continent.
Big Buddha: The 45-meter-tall white marble statue on top of the Nakkerd Hills between Chalong and Kata can be seen from as far away as Phuket Town and Karon Beach. The site offers perhaps the most breath-taking 360-degree views of the island.
• The resort has two distinct wings, interconnected via an underground tunnel that runs under the main Kamala Beach Road. Local murals decorate the tunnel with images inspired from Phuket Island’s history and landmarks.
• The resort has five outdoor Swimming Pools, three on the mount side and two on the beach side.
• One of the only resorts in Thailand to boast two Michelin Guide recognized restaurants, Jaras and hom.
Children’s Corner :
InterContinental Phuket offer a comprehensive Children’s program via PLANET TREKKERS our Kid’s Club. Not to be missed it the PLANET GUARDIAN PROGRAM, a one-hour activity where children can learn how to “save the world” with their little hands.
• Number of rooms in all: 221 keys
• Classic room: 41 square meters city view
• Classic room pool view: 43 square meters pool view
• Classic room mountain view: 43 square meters mountain view
• Classic rooms pool access: 43 square meters pool view
• Lagoon villa club lounge access: 104 square meters pool view
• 1 bedroom villa club lounge access: 210 square meters mountain view
• 2 bedroom villa club lounge access: 260 square meters mountain view
• 3 bedroom villa club lounge access: 360 square meters mountain view
• Premium club lounge access pool view room: 46 square meters pool view
• Premium club lounge access ocean view room: 46 square meters ocean view
• Beachside suite ocean view club lounge access: 61 square meters ocean view
Each of our chic accommodations feature a contemporary design with standalone egg-shell shaped bathtubs, rain showers and premium HARNN® amenities. The Premium rooms, suites and villas enjoy our oceanfront Club InterContinental® access and benefits. The Pool Villas feature a dining Sala, large swimming pool and deck with loungers.
• SATI SPA: a holistic wellness journey within an oasis of calm, with well-trained therapists practicing therapeutic traditions, using modern approaches and body and skin-care products from Harnn®.
There are five swimming pools in intercontinental Phuket resort.
• The Beach Pool: surrounded by pines, offers the best vantage point for the Andaman sunset.
• Infinity Pool: A rooftop pool where you can indulge a beautiful scenery of the resort
• Lagoon Pool: Freeform family friendly pool on the mountainside with a children’s pool
• Serene Pool: Adult only pool on the mountainside
• The Club InterContinental Pool: a private alternative, exclusively for our Club InterContinental guests.
Restaurants & Bars
• Hom: Michelin Guide listed fine dining outlet. Rooted in locavorism, seasonality, and curiosity each dish at hom is an homage to fermentation as a way to unlock incredible flavours.
• JARAS: Michelin Guide listed contemporary Thai dining. All products are locally and sustainably sourced
• TENGOKU: award-winning Osaka inspired izakaya-style diner with a raw bar, robatyaki, and teppanyaki grill.
• 333 AT THE BEACH: a beachfront grill and lounge celebrating the casual and fun in life.
• PINTO: a southern European open kitchen concept, celebrating farmers through gourmet comfort fare.
• PINE BEACH BAR: a beachfront bar featuring a premium cocktail menu and daily stunning sunset views.
• DEAVS’ LOUNGE: the ideal spot to relax, work, and chat while indulging on freshly baked croissants and pastries or an intimate afternoon tea.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• API: a 42 sqm (452 sqft) venue that can seat up to 30 in Theatre Style and host cocktails receptions for 20.
• AVA: a 95 sqm (1,023 sqft) of versatile space, this elegant venue is ideal for meetings and seminars with up to 50 guests and cocktail receptions for up to 40.
• ARUN: A 44 sqm (474 sqft) imposing boardroom with a magnificent black marble table for up to 20 persons. Ideal for corporate board meetings and high-level discussions.
• ARLANG BALLROOM: 304 sqm (3,272 sqft) pillar-less venue ideal for seminars and meetings for up to 220
Extra Notable Features
• BIKE TOUR: discover the charm of local community, visit the tranquillity of the ancient garcinia tree and bang wan waterfall, or learn how to make the local tie-dye as the souvenir to bring the memories back home.
• MUAY THAI: learn Thailand’s national sport with muay Thai instructors provided by the resort. Learn the stand-up striking and clinching techniques.
• YOGA: keep your body and mind strong and balanced with the resort’s professional instructor while indulging on the beautiful mountain scenery.
• TENNIS: private court opens daily from 8:00 hrs. – 18:00 hrs. (last booking at 17:00 hrs. for 1-hour usage)
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Winner of Travel + Leisure Luxury Awards Asia Pacific 2023 (No #5 Resort in Thailand)
• Michelin Guide recommended Thai restaurant, Jaras.
• Michelin Guide recommended innovative cuisine restaurant, hom.
• #1 Restaurant in Phuket – Top 25 Restaurants, hom
• Top 25 Restaurant’s in Thailand – Thailand’s Favourite Restaurants, hom
• Sustainable practice hotel certified by LEED GOLD
• Winner of International Sustainable Award 2022.
• Michelin recommended Thai restaurant, Jaras.
• Thailand’s Best Restaurant Award for the newest Japanese restaurant, Tengoku
Number of Employees