Niccolo Chengdu Greater China
Tower 3, IFS, No.1, Section 3, Hongxing Road, Jinjiang District, Chengdu, Sichuan 610021, China
Wharf Hotel Management Limited
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Michael Ganster
Mr Michael Ganster – General Manager of Niccolo Chengdu is originally from Austria, he has a wealth of hospitality experience spanning over 20 years at five-star properties with brands including Hilton, Raffles International, Dusit International and Fairmont Hotels, during which he played host to multiple Heads of State, royalty, dignitaries, celebrities and artists whilst overseeing hotels in China, Europe, Middle East, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States. During his first year at Niccolo Chengdu, he has made remarkable achievements bringing lots of new creative ideas and impeccable services to the hotel and showcasing the city’s sophisticated local culture to captains of industry and leaders in style enabling the hotel to inspire guests at every encounter. At leisure, Mr Michael Ganster enjoys the outdoors, plays tennis, skis and is a passionate scuba diver.
5 stars Luxury
History & Story
Niccolo is a collection of four contemporary chic hotels inspired by luxury fashion, all with desirable, highly prized addresses. Underpinning the brand is the desire to make life effortlessly luxurious for guests. At heart, as discoverers and re-discoverers of luxury experiences, styles and tastes, Niccolo Hotels are modern sophisticated spaces.
September 2021 renovation for Niccolo Kitchen
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• 238 luxurious guestrooms and suites
• Superb choice of cuisines
• Versatile Events, Meeting and Banqueting facilities
• The hotel will exude style of contemporary and chic
• Service will underpin the luxury positioning of the new brand
• The new rising metropolitan city in China after Beijing and Shanghai
• China’s most attractive investment destination
• China’s favorite tourist city
• 72-hour VISA-free access
• 2 airports connect 125 cities in China
• 74 International destinations including Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Bangkok, London, San Francisco, Frankfurt, Doha and more…
Niccolo Chengdu is located at the heart of business circle of Chunxi road, Chengdu, which is belongs to a part of IFS, Chengdu. The hotel is near the subway, which has an easy access to each area of the city.
Key sites/activities in the area
IFS, Tai Koo Li
• N1 Deluxe Room – 45sq meters, total 71 rooms
Each of these elegant guest rooms located between 9th to 25th floors has panoramic view of IFS Sculpture Garden, and which is decorated with fashion-inspired interiors by leading designers.
• N2 Temple View Room – 45sq meters, total 114 rooms
These beautifully appointed rooms are located between our 9th and 25th floors, offering optimal views of Da Ci Temple and commercial district.
• N3 Grand Deluxe – 60 sq meters, total 35 rooms
Providing a more spacious area, these elegant rooms offer contemporary chic design with stylish artwork depicting classic personage.
• Explore Suite – 110 sq meters, total 9 rooms
Blending formal elegance with luxurious comfort, these lavish suites offer a wonderful environment for leisure or business guests. Opulently decorated with customised Italian-branded bathroom amenities, sumptuous linens and toweling combine to envelop guests with tranquility during their Signature Stay experience.
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 238
Niccolo Chengdu offers the seasoned traveller a choice of 238 spacious, luxurious guestrooms and suites from 45 to 200 m2. With fashion-inspired interiors by leading designers, featuring natural textiles and leathers in subtle earth tones, there’s an understated sophistication to all guestrooms. The expansive windows produce a fresh, bold definition of space, flooding rooms with natural daylight and uninterrupted views, while the 500 thread-count linen sheets will assure a tranquil slumber.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Tea Lounge
For those in search of the quintessential afternoon tea experience, Niccolo is the ideal place to enjoy a fine selection of teas and vintage teas as well as coffees from around the world to beyond with exquisite delicacies. The Tea Lounge is located in the hotel’s elegant glass box at the main entrance and is set to become one of Chengdu’s newest chic venue.
• The Bar
The Bar on the third floor of the hotel brings a new look to Chengdu’s nightlife. A great mix of Niigro classic cocktails and Niigro special cocktails, accompanied by delicious snacks, start a joyful night with live performances.
• YUE HIN
YH located on the 2nd floor of our hotel, serving the typical Sichuan and Cantonese cuisine. Offering 7 private dining rooms with contemporary design and customized service for our customers.
• Niccolo Kitchen
Showcasing Asian and Eastern cuisine, Niccolo Kitchen on the 2nd floor is all about experiencing authentic global flavours in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
• For guests who wish to escape from the busy world and rejuvenate, Niccolo Chengdu offers a private world of wellness on the 6th floor.
• With a stunning 20-metre pool, dry saunas and a fully equipped Wellness Centre managed by a professional team, guests can work out their stress and relax in complete peace.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• The Niccolo ballroom covers an area of 750 square meters. The whole hall has no pillars and a height of 8 meters. Theater-level lighting equipment, with a Stereo surround sound system. A high-definition video playback system is equipped with an elevator for large equipment and cars. It can be directly connected to the IFS Garden. It can provide private and customized banquets and wedding banquets, company meetings, new product launches, and various celebrations. Provide professional and personalized services.
• The hotel is equipped with multi-functional conference rooms ranging from 40-80 square meters. The height of the floor is 3.5 meters.
• The conservatory covers an area of 120 square meters and is 4.5 meters high. The green grass is surrounded by panoramic views of the IFS Panda Garden.
Extra Notable Features
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• 2021/2022 Premium Traveler Awards- Luxury Hotel of the Year in Greater China
• 7th China MAG Awards – 2020/2021 Best Luxury Hotel • 2021 Target – The Best Art Hotel
• LUXURY TIMES MAGAZINE – Best Luxury Hotel Award • 2021 Travel + Leisure – China’s Top 100 Hotels
• 2021 METROPOLITAN – The Best City Landmark Hotel • 2021 City Traveller – The Best service hotel
• 2021 Voyage – The Best Wedding Hotel • SONG HUO – Best Choice Restaurant of The Year – Niccolo kitchen
• 2021 Globle Gourmet – The Best Dining Resturant
• 2021 Travelling Scope – The Best Urban Resort Hotel
• 2020 Veryeast Award – Best Employer ofTourism&Hospitality Industry
• 2020 Tripadvisor – Travellers’ Choice • 2020 Song Huo Restaurant Awards – Best Choice Restaurant of The Year – Yue Hin
• 2020 Voyage Best Hotel and Resort – Best Fashion Hotel
• 2020 Premium Traveler Awards- Luxury Hotel of the Year in Greater China
• 2020 China Travel Awards- 2020 Best China Hotels Top 100
• 2019 Tripadvisor Award – CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE • 2019 The 13th Grand Hotels Award – Business Leisure Hotel of the Year
• 2019 Best Traveller Award – Best Business Hotel in Chengdu • 2019 Target Taste – Best Art Design Hotel of the Year
• 2019 City Travel Hotel Award – The Luxury Business Hotel Award of the Year • 2019 Voyage Value Award – Best Luxury Hotel
• 2019 That’s Hospitality Awards – Luxury Hotel of the Year
Number of employees