Niyama Private Islands Maldives
Niyama Private Islands
Dhaalu Atoll, Republic of Maldives
O Plus E Holdings Pvt Ltd
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Hafidh Al Busaidy – Niyama Private Islands Maldives General Manager
He is passionate about the people and hotels that deliver ground breaking services to ever changing guest expectations. Love hotels as an incubator for service and trends, feel very strongly about delivering quality. He believes our function is important and serves a vital purpose. ‘’Enjoy what I do too much to call it work!’’
During his career, Hafidh has worked in eight countries and possesses a great understanding of the Middle East market, Asia and Pacific Asia. With prior experience of working in countries like Qatar, Oman and KSA with over the course of 35 years in the hotel industry and 4 years in the Maldives.
Niyama Private Islands Maldives offers an abundance of space and privacy and a multitude of opportunities for guests to create their own exceptional island experience, all with the laid-back vibe that Niyama is known for.
Niyama is perfect for family fun, island romance, spa rejuvenation and numerous options for the active – including surfing, where it’s the only luxury resort in the Maldives sporting surf-able waves that break directly onto the island. For dining, guests are spoilt for choice with a multitude of world class experiences at sea, underwater, on the beach and in the treetops.
Privacy is paramount, with all accommodations providing a secluded retreat, either on the beach or over water, each brimming with modern amenities, delicious treats filling the fridge and a private Thakuru (butler) service, for a truly personalised experience.
The jewel in Niyama’s crown is the Crescent, a private playground of five pool villas, perfect for the discerning traveller looking for space and privacy to share with extended family or friends.
NIYAMA PRIVATE ISLANDS
History & Story
Niyama Private Islands offers more than a luxury retreat in the Maldives. Going beyond conventional concepts of lavish accommodation, sumptuous cuisines, and lavish services, Niyama Private Islands presents every visitor with myriad opportunities to create their own exceptional island experience.
With twin islands Play and Chill, Niyama offers you the true luxury of choice, with everything expected from an island resort and so much more. Chill is true to its name. You can discover new depths of relaxation at The Drift Spa, or take in a movie under the stars at the outdoor cinema. Just off the coast, Edge prepares elegant entrées from freshly caught seafood, while Subsix will delight with its underwater panoramas.
Play provides delightful diversions for those looking for more active pursuits. On the water, you can kayak around the islands or discover why Niyama is among the hottest surfing destinations. Bicyclists can explore the island at their own pace, perhaps lured by the aromas from the chef’s spice gardens.
These are only just the start of the experiences to be had on Niyama Private Islands. Be spoiled for choice.
Continuous improvements and renovations.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
1.Niyama Private Islands Maldives features two lush islands spread across four acres, reefs to explore and surf to conquer, and a crown-jewel Crescent – a secluded cluster of five overwater pavilions for parties of up to 22 – where life is pure hedonism. A team of dedicated butlers (Thakurus), a private chef and housekeeping is at your beck and call. Lazy days perched poolside are juxtaposed with blazing sunset cruises, BBQ evenings out on deck and movies beneath the stars.
2. With nine dining destinations, including tree house restaurant Nest and the world’s first underwater playground Subsix, guests can enhance their stay with surreal gastronomic experiences.
3. Young VIPs will adore the Explorers Kids Club with its range of activities including nature expeditions around the tropical isles to MasterChef classes while adventure-seeking teens and adults will be inspired by the resort’s excellent water sports such as surfing, scuba diving and jet-skiing.
4. Choose to do nothing but exhale at hideaway Drift Spa with sigh-worthy signature massages and the world’s latest treatments on offer, including celeb-beauty secret Intraceuticals facials. Soar across the waves by day and party by night deep beneath the ocean’s surface.
5. Niyama has VODI – its own private wave exclusive for guests who stay with us. This means no crowds, and plenty of waves for everyone. For those looking for adventure, take a boat and search for other waves in the Dhaalu atoll, or go even further and explore the waves in the Thaa and Laamu atolls. Or revel in both the world of luxury and adventure and book a sea plane to surf waves all around the Maldives. With nowhere too far, you can see and surf all the Maldives without the hassle of multiple bookings and lost time in transit – truly a revolutionary experience in surf tourism. Our surf guide are trained professional that can help you score the best waves of the day. For those looking to begin surfing, they can help you get acquainted in calm lagoon waters
6. Dive in and explore the progress of our conservation « Dollar Impact Program » projects with a marine biologist.
7. Private Jet – Niyama now offers the swiftest and safest arrival experience in the country, with Dhaalu Airport authorised to handle direct international private jet arrivals and departures, resulting in the ultimate convenience with Niyama just a seven-minute speedboat away.
Dhaalu Atoll, Republic of Maldives
Key sites/activities in the area
Ultimate Surfing Expérience : Private Niyama wave ‘’VODI’’
Niyama Private Islands Maldives is the only 5 star luxury resort in the Maldives that has direct access to Private worldclass surf wave.Niyama is a Playground when it comes to Social media Spots. From the Hammock next to the Over water Villas, the arrival jetty – especially when the seaplanes are landing or departing, Surf Shack with all the funky and Instagramable Surf boards to your Private Villa or Pavilion. Technically everywhere! At night you may say “HI” to our little ‘’visitors’’ – Blacktip Reef Shark – where you may spot on the bridge between Chill & Play Island.
We do have a kids club named Explorers Kids Club, the only kids club in the Maldives that accepts children from 12 months to 12 years. For more and complete details please click on this link
Niyama Private Islands Maldives – Explorers Kids Club
Every Villa or Pavilion features outdoor space, with elegant & comfortable lounges facing stunning ocean or beach with complete privacy, complimentary bikes and a Thakuru (Butler)
A crown-jewel Crescent – a secluded cluster of five overwater pavilions for parties of up to 22. For up to 14 adults and 8 children.
Number of accommodation
- 125 villas : 89 villas on the beach ( 135sqm to 255sqm) & 36 Over water ( 175sqm to 190sqm)
- Number of Luxury rooms:
- 9 Pavilions : 5 Pavilions on the beach (400sqm to 770sqm) & 4 Overwater (340sqm to 515sqm)
Restaurants & Bars
- Nest – Leaves shake in an ecstatic shimmy. Bird sirens call out through the canopy.
- Tribal – African, Central and South American cuisines amidst blazing fires.
- Subsix – Underwater Playground, 500 metres out in the ocean and six metres below the waterline. Underwater playground for Champagne breakfasts, subaquatic lunches, weekly glow parties, wine tastings and destination dining.
- Edge – Modern fine dining, set half a kilometre out in the ocean and accessible only by boat.
- Epicure – All-day dining on Chill. International cuisine in a casual chic setting by the infinity pool.
- BLU – Family style dining on Play. Mediterranean-inspired dishes and poolside ice cream parlour
MEAL PLAN OPTIONS : Daily Breakfast, Half Board (breakfast & dinner – food only) Full Board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
BEVERAGE OPTIONS : Rise & Shine Beverage Package (all day)
- Spa with 6 Lagoon over water treatment rooms & 2 Garden Treatment rooms
- Fully equiped Gym with outdoor Cross fit area
- Daily Yoga classes on the chill Out Pavillon
- Vitamin Therapy : ‘’IV Theraphy by Beverly Hills’’
- Steam bath, Sauna, Plunge pool and Zen Garden.
Corporate & Celebration Events
- Corporate Events
- Corporate Leisure
NOTE : Capacity will vary as to which area of the resort the event will take place
Extra Notable Features
- Movie under the stars
- Food Play (cooking class)
- Active Indoor Playroom
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2020 : Condenast Readers choice Awards (Indian Ocean)
Number of employees
372 Staff members