Park Hyatt Kyoto
Park Hyatt Kyoto
360 Kodaiji Masuyacho, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan 605-0826
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Privately owned by TAK Hospitality Kyoto
Date of Creation
July 10, 2023
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Matthew Carroll, a passionate hotelier with over 20 years of experience delivering Food and Beverage excellence. Leading teams across Hyatt flagship properties Park Hyatt Sydney, Park Hyatt Auckland and Park Hyatt Kyoto since May 2022. Attained a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Notre Dame Sydney in 2013.
Botanic Sanctuary Antwerp
History & Story
Park Hyatt Kyoto, the second Park Hyatt brand in Japan, epitomizes the essence of luxury accommodation, seamlessly fusing the timeless allure of Kyoto with the refined elegance of Park Hyatt. Positioned adjacentto the revered Kodai-ji temple and conveniently within walking distance of several UNESCO World Heritage sites, such as the revered Kiyomizu-dera temple. The hotel unveils breath-taking panoramic vistas of the city and the iconic Yasaka Pagoda. Embodying an exquisite homage to Japanese culture, the hotel’s design and construction impeccably incorporate traditional Japanese aesthetics, architectural splendor, and masterful artisanal craftsmanship. Preserving the rich heritage of the site, several historic edifices, including a captivating Edo-era teahouse, and a serene Japanese garden at the heart of the property, have been meticulously restored to their former glory.
Notably, the illustrious « Souyou-tei » restaurant, with a history dating back an impressive 400 years, graces the hotel’s premises, serving as a time-honored Japanese tea room where guests can experience the cherished traditions of tea culture. The synergistic collaboration between Park Hyatt Kyoto and Kyoyamato sets the stage for an unparalleled hospitality experience, promising guests new dimensions of luxurious indulgence in this culturally enriched haven.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Nestled within the historic Ninenzaka street, renowned as one of the quintessential destinations for immersing oneself in the true essence of Kyoto, our hotel boasts an unrivaled location that allows guests to savor the very best of this timeless city. As the former imperial capital of Japan for over a millennium, Kyoto exudes an unparalleled sense of history and cultural significance, and the revered Ninenzaka area stands as a testament to the city’s rich heritage, lovingly preserving its captivating charm. Stepping out of our hotel, you’ll find yourself transported to a bygone era, where traditional wooden buildings, cobblestone streets, and gracefully adorned tea houses await your exploration. The unique ambiance of Ninenzaka embodies the spirit of old-world Kyoto, allowing you to stroll back in time and relish the captivating beauty of the past.
• Owned by Takenaka Koumuten, a renowned architectural and construction company with a rich history spanning over 300 years and recipient of the prestigious Pritzker Award, often referred to as the « Nobel Prize in Architecture. » If you have an appreciation for architecture, you will undoubtedly revel in the exquisite Japanese detailing evident throughout the hotel.
• Preserving the rich heritage of the site, several historic edifices, including a captivating Edo-era teahouse, and a serene Japanese garden at the heart of the property, have been meticulously restored to their former glory. Notably, the illustrious « Souyou-tei » restaurant, with a history dating back an impressive 400 years, graces the hotel’s premises, serving as a time-honored Japanese tea room where guests can experience the cherished traditions of tea culture. The synergistic collaboration between Park Hyatt Kyoto and Kyoyamato sets the stage for an unparalleled hospitality experience, promising guests new dimensions of luxurious indulgence in this culturally enriched haven.
• Ichinenzaka – Ninenzaka – Sannenzaka area which lead to Kiyomizu-dera temple (UNESCO
• Neighboring with Kodaiji temple and Nene no michi
• Walking distance to Gion
• Walking distance to Yasaka Shrine
• Walking distance to Kenninji temple
Key sites/activities in the area
• Zazen (meditation) at Kenninji temple
• Zazen (meditation) at Kiyomizu-dera temple
• Kintsugi (Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum)
• Tea Ceremony at Souyou-tei / Koro-an at Kyoyamato
• Yukata / Kimono experience
• Step out of the hotel early in the morning, before the bustling tourists have arrived, and be captivated by the surreal ambiance that surrounds you. The magic of the early morning hour amplifies the sense of time travel, making you feel like an honored guest to a hidden chapter of Japan’s storied past.
• Japanese breakfast prepared for limited number a day by Kyoyamato. Every dish on your breakfast platter is a work of art, carefully arranged to please both the eye and the palate. Delicate, seasonal ingredients make harmony together, showcasing the diversity of Japan’s culinary heritage. One of the highlights of this extraordinary breakfast is the way the best-quality rice is cooked individually on their table. The aroma of freshly steamed rice fills the air, evoking feelings of warmth and comfort.
There is no child policy except the signature restaurant, Yasaka (must be above 12 years old)
Cultural experience such as Origami class occasionally.
• Number of suites: 9
– 1 Pagoda House (135sqm) – Signature suite. Exquisite views of famed Yasaka Pagoda, Kyoto’s urban expanse and the dramatic sunset.
– 2 Higashiyama House (90sqm) – Luxurious space in the heart of Higashiyama Hills with sweeping city views, the interior of this suite is subtle and inviting, following a design concept inspired by the mountains.
– 4 Ninenzaka House (68sqm) – Facing the Ninenzaka street, exquisite views of famed Yasaka Pagoda
– 2 Park Suite (68sqm) – The interior of this sprawling suite is subtle and inviting
• Number of Luxury rooms:5
– 3 Deluxe room (68sqm)
– 2 View Deluxe room (68sqm)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 70
Restaurants & Bars
• Yasaka, the signature restaurant : At Yasaka, Park Hyatt Kyoto’s signature restaurant, diners will enjoy a distinctly new type of teppanyaki cuisine showcasing various French-inspired cooking techniques which unfold from the open-kitchen stage that is Japanese “teppan”, a steel hot plate. Set to the breathtaking views of Kyoto’s famous Yasaka Pagoda. Wine pairing from our sommelier is available for each course. You can enjoy the carefully selected pairing according to the dish such as wine, sake,
champagne and sherry.
• Kohaku, The BAR – Kohaku is an intimate and refined bar adjacent to Yasaka. Offering dramatic views of Yasaka Pagoda through expansive floor-to-ceiling windows, Kohaku creates a warm yet classic atmosphere with its dark woods and leather textures. Collaborative partnerships with select, Kyoto-based artisans of whiskey, sake, and gin enable, Kohaku to offer guests a curated collection of rare spirits and craft products.
• The Living Room, Heart of the Guesthouse – The Living Room is the heart and hearth of Park Hyatt Kyoto’s luxury guesthouse. Designed to make one feel at home, this welcoming, naturally-lit environment is where guests enjoy five course Afternoon Tea menu served with carefully selected tea pairings. Amidst the open fireplace and bar, the aroma of Tamo wood wafts and lingers. The Afternoon tea at The Living Room is a 5-course menu of mixed savory and sweets paired with special tea selection.
• KYOTO BISTRO, Casual Dining Restaurant – A casual street-side restraurant located in the bustling heart of Higashiyama, Kyoto Bistro features international and Japanese comfort foods crafted à la minute in a lively, open kitchen with locally-sourced and organic ingredients.
• Wellness center (3rd floor) Open:24 hours
Japanese atmosphere place with latest machine availability for stay guests.
• Bathhouse (3rd floor) Open: 7:00 ~ 22:00
Equipped with a mist sauna and dry sauna, please spend a relaxing time in a space where you can feel the culture and inspiration of Kyoto with all five senses.
• The SPA (3rd floor) Open: 11:00 ~19:00
Our Signature treatment will vary seasonally and use an original blend of base oil from KOTOSHINA carefully paired with Park Hyatt Kyoto’s original essential oil, allowing you to feel refreshed and relaxed. We deal for anyone in need of relaxation or reconnecting with nature.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Komorebi , 200sqm (96pax for banquet style)
A magical journey awaits, with extraordinary culinary offerings blending Western and Japanese cuisine, and expert kaiseki fare by Kyoyamato, a renowned, generations-old Japanese ryōtei. Whether you host a large-scale event or a luxurious and intimate cocktail, our skilful events team will create a tailor-made experience, perfect to suit your every need.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Award for Excellent Businesses Promoting Sustainable Tourism in Kyoto 2023
2023 Travel + Leisure Luxury Awards Asia Pacific 2023 – Best City Hotel in Japan
2019 – 2022
• 2019 Monocle Magazine Travel Top 50 – Most Anticipated New Opening
• 2020 MIPIM Asia Awards – Gold Award, Best Hotel & Tourism Development
• 2020 Architectural Digest – Great Design Awards for Hotels
• 2020 Conde Nast Traveler Hot List – The Best New Hotels in the World
• 2020 Departures Magazine Legend Awards – Best New City Hotel
Number of employees