Regent Hong Kong China
Regent Hong Kong
18 Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong – China
InterContinental Hotels Group
Date of Creation
26 December 2022 soft opening, 8 November 2023
Hotel General Manager
An accomplished luxury hotelier with over two decades of multi-brand, property and regional management experience at IHG Hotels & Resorts, he combines exceptional leadership and entrepreneurial skills, opening and project management expertise and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous development to elevate the guest experience. During his global career, he has worked throughout SE Asia, Europe, the UK, USA, Caribbean, Brazil and most recently, Japan.
5-star upper luxury hotel; Virtuoso Best of the Best
Regent Hong Kong
History & Story
Originally opened in1980, Regent Hong Kong became one of the world’s most iconic properties, renowned as a pioneer of Asian hospitality. Acclaimed for its unique location on the edge of Victoria Harbour with stunning panoramic views of the Hong Kong skyline, the property blended contemporary design with Asian influences and Western comfort to create a pioneering luxury hotel product of its time.
Following the hotel’s spectacular transformation and rebranding back to The Regent Hong Kong, the hotel will once again be positioned as one of the world’s most iconic hotels –garnering global accolades and international recognition.
Regent Hong Kong will finish the renovation of entire hotel by the end of 2023. Its modern luxury is rede¬ned with a serene and soul-rejuvenating aesthetic by Hong Kong-born design visionary Chi Wing Lo. Here discreet luxury is majestic and intimate, decadent and elegant, always seamlessly bespoke.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Discover thoughtfully crafted spaces to enjoy curated experiences with Regent’s signature service and harbourviews – be it the cocooning comfort of the windowfront daybed in guest room.
Gaze over awe-inspiring views of Victoria Harbour and the dramatic Hong Kong Island skyline, seemingly close enough to touch. Light reflects the harbour. Unique textures and patterns emerge. The mood transitions from dazzling daylight to a warm glow at dusk. As nighttime falls, a “Symphony of Lights” dances across the skyline in a vibrant show.
The Regent Experience Agent is always on hand to assist you in planning and personalising guests’ stay -from pre-arrival through departure. Whether offering curated recommendations or liaising with personal assistant, leave everything to us for a seamless experience.
Day to Evening Rituals: An evening ritual creates a mesmerising moment of discovery each day at dusk. Lyrical melodies beckon the evening. Lights mare dimmed, magnifying Victoria Harbour. A signature cocktail arouses taste buds. Senses are heightened and passions ignited as the skyline becomes electrified with “A Symphony of Lights”.
With a prime city centre location on the edge of Victoria Harbour in Kowloon, connected to K11 Musea at Victoria Dockside, Regent Hong Kong is steps away from the city’s rich cultural attractions, museums and key shopping, with local markets alongside luxury emporiums, and Harbour City on Canton Road, just a short walk away.
Keys sites / activities in the area
Regent Hong Kong is steps away from key shopping and cultural attractions, including “Avenue of Stars” (Tsim Sha Tsui’s harbourfront promenade), Art Square, Hong Kong Museum ofArt, Space Museum and Cultural Centre. Harbour City on Canton Road is a short walk away. West Kowloon Cultural District, home to M+ (Asia’s ¬first global museum of contemporary visual culture), the Palace Museum and Xique Centre (for Chinese opera), is within minutes of the hotel.
• Number of suites: 85
• Number of Luxury rooms: 4
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 497
Restaurants & Bars
• Lai Ching Heen: Signifying a homecoming, Yan Toh Heen returns to its treasured original name, Lai Ching Heen. With a celebrated legacy that includes MICHELIN Stars and Black Pearl Diamonds, Lai Ching Heen is renowned as one of the world’s -nest Chinese restaurants specialising in Cantonese cuisine. Your immersive discovery begins with its elegant décor, inspired by a jade jewellery box which opens to reveal a rich heritage of Cantonese culinary treasures.
• The Steak House: The ultimate haven for meat and wine lovers featuring curated selections of the ¬nest meat from around the world, perfectly seared on the original charcoal grill, with an elaborate salad bar and wine list featuring some of the world’s best wines with large bottle vintages.
• The Lobby Lounge: A captivating oasis with awe-inspiring views of Victoria Harbour, The Lobby Lounge is a cinematic destination for afternoon tea, with origin coffees and a selection of Chinese and Western teas. As the skyline transforms into a spellbinding kaleidoscope, ignite an enchanted evening of discovery over curated selections from small Champagne Houses.
• Harbourside: Bursting with energy, aromas and flavours, Harbourside is an immersive buffet experience, transporting you to the world’s local markets, with a focus on Asian and Western cuisine. Dining at the edge of Victoria Harbour, gaze at the bustling activity and connect with its vitality over decadent, lunch and dinner buffets.
• Qura: Embark on a mesmerising journey of discovery at an indulgent destination bar with hypnotic harbourviews. Revel in the intoxicating ambience of the retro-inspired parlour or intimate stylish bar with bespoke drink selections. For cigar lovers, the humidor room offers an exclusive collection.
• Nobu: Nobu features the innovative new-style Japanese cuisine of world-famous chef Nobu Matsuhisa. Savour Nobu-san’s iconic dishes along with locally inspired creations while overlooking Victoria Harbour.
• The Pool Terrace: Discover a calming oasis in the heart of the city. Amidst the lush landscaped terrace, lounge by the swimming pool, then float in the infinity spa pools as you gaze over Victoria Harbour. Holistic rejuvenation awaits at a cosy daybed with healthy beverages and snacks as the harbour breeze and view enrapture.
• Fitness Centre: Satisfy your fitness regime with an invigorating work-out using the lasting Technogym equipment. The Fitness Centre is open 24-hours to suit your schedule and body clock.
• Spa: available on early 2024
Corporate & Celebration Events
Offering flexibility for meetings and events, the Regent Ballroom accommodates up to 1,000 guests for receptions for 720 guests for dinner banquets. For more intimate events, ten versatile function/meeting rooms showcase unrivalled views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. With 1,779 square metres (18,719 square feet) of event and meeting space, Regent Hong Kong provides flexibility for a variety of occasions, each bespoke, and all with seamless and intuitive service by Regent Masters.
Extra Notable Features
For relaxation, Regent Club is an exclusive lounge for unwinding while soaking in the harbourview and bespoke services. In a
luxurious and spacious, yet intimate living room ambience on the Second Floor overlooking Victoria Harbour, enjoy Regent Club’s exclusive facilities and personalised services.
• Breakfast served in the Club Lounge
• Refreshments throughout the day
• Afternoon Tea
• Evening cocktails
• Personalised Concierge
• Separate desk for check-in and check out
Hotel And Restaurant Awards
• Lai Ching Heen: MICHELIN Guide Hong Kong & Macau 2023: Two Stars
• Lai Ching Heen: Two Diamonds | Black Pearl Restaurant Guide 2023
• Lai Ching Heen: South China Morning Post 100 Top Tables 2023
• The Steak House: South China Morning Post 100 Top Tables 2023
Number of employees
Around 650 employees