1041/38 Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts®
Date of Creation
March 31, 2019
Hotel General Manager:
Sandra Watermann, Managing Director
Bringing more than 25 years’ experience in the luxury hospitality industry, Sandra is the Managing Director of Rosewood Bangkok.
Sandra is an extremely well-travelled hotelier with Food and Beverage background who has worked in her native country Germany, followed by United States, London, Maldives, Hong Kong and Indonesia with her most recent roles, based in Thailand. Sandra has worked in city hotels and resorts during her career for esteemed brands such as Ritz Carlton, Aman, Mandarin Oriental, and Peninsula and was a member of the pre-opening team for Rosewood Phuket.s
Ultra-luxury, AMEX Preferred Hotels & Resorts, Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite
History & Story
Rosewood Bangkok is located in the prime business and retail district of Ploenchit. The ultra-luxury hotel embraces a striking, contemporary architectural design and is home to 158 guestrooms. In an inspired expression of the brand’s A Sense of Place® philosophy, carefully curated interiors, dining and spa experiences are an amalgam of contemporary sophistication and a modern showcase of Thailand’s rich heritage and customs. Four restaurants and lounges are complemented by recreational facilities including Sense, A Rosewood Spa; a Fitness Studio; and indoor-outdoor swimming pool. The Pavilion and Ploenchit Boardroom offer ideal venues for exclusive events and important meetings.
Rosewood Bangkok, a visually striking, ultra-luxury property on Ploenchit Road in Bangkok’s prime central business and retail district, opened March 31, 2019, marking the second Thailand property for Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® and the dazzling urban sister to Rosewood Phuket, opened in 2017.
As the 27th property in the growing global network for Rosewood Hotels & Resorts®, the hotel is the brand’s second destination in Thailand and also serves as a gateway to its sister Southeast Asian properties in Phuket; Phnom Penh, Cambodia; and Luang Prabang, Laos. Rosewood’s A Sense of Place® philosophy is exuberantly expressed with a design that honors rich Thai culture while celebrating the cutting-edge creativity and contemporary design ethos of the dynamic capital.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Rosewood Bangkok features, signature suites and “houses” that represent first-of-their kind superlatives in the capital: expansive high rise outdoor terraces with private plunge pools, the highest elevation luxury accommodations in the city.
Rosewood Bangkok is situated within an enclave of embassies and sleek new office towers, surrounded by Thai fashion designer boutiques and is just steps from Central Embassy, the capital’s most luxurious upscale shopping mall.
Rosewood Bangkok is located in Ploenchit area within an enclave of embassies and sleek new office towers. The hotel provides direct access to the Ploenchit BTS Skytrain station, putting Bangkok’s major attractions and the city’s dining and nightlife districts only minutes away, and its close proximity to the major expressway to Bangkok’s two international airports also offers convenient access to all major destinations within the capital.
Rosewood Bangkok offers signature Rosewood Explorers programs from Rosewood Hotels & Resorts®
• Number of suites: 20
Rosewood Bangkok’s suites bestow an air of elegance in a residential style surrounding. Tastefully decorated with both contemporary and Thai details, the suites offer a serene sanctuary in bustling Bangkok. Featuring a separate living space, bedroom, walk-in closet and guest bathroom, this suite redefines luxury living.
The luxurious amenities include Frette 600 thread-count linen, Bespoke Rosewood Bangkok bath amenities, 49’ LCD TV in living room, 43’ LCD TV in bedroom, multimedia connection, individual climate control, bedside control panel for lighting and drapes, fully stocked private bar with premium selections, Nespresso machine, slippers and terrycloth bathrobes and Dyson hairdryer.
Butler service is provided for all suite guests.
• Number of Luxury rooms: 3
Ideal for entertaining, the expansive Nara House and Thara House feature an individual outdoor terrace and private plunge pool. Inspired by an apartment loft, the sky-high urban retreat is designed to reflect the pinnacle of contemporary Thai penthouse living in the heart of Bangkok. Luxurious amenities include a full-sized dining table, spacious walk-in closet, guest powder room and whirlpool bathtub.
The luxurious amenities include Frette 600 thread-count linen, Bespoke Rosewood Bangkok bath amenities, 55’ LCD TV in living room, 43’ LCD TV in bedroom, multimedia connection, individual climate control, bedside control panel for lighting and drapes, fully stocked private bar with premium selections, Nespresso machine, slippers and terrycloth bathrobes and Dyson hairdryer.
As the largest house at Rosewood Bangkok, Bannakarn House brings luxury to new heights. Occupying the entire 29th floor, it offers a grand foyer entrance, separate kitchen, separate guest bathroom, large walk-in closet, and private terrace with an outdoor plunge pool. The house creates the perfect place for guests to entertain visitors.
The luxurious amenities include Frette 600 thread-count linen, Bespoke Rosewood Bangkok bath amenities, 65’ LCD TV in living room, 55’ LCD TV in bedroom, multimedia connection, individual climate control, bedside control panel for lighting and drapes, fully stocked private bar with premium selections, Nespresso machine, slippers and terrycloth bathrobes and Dyson hairdryer.
Butler service is provided for all house guests.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 158
Restaurants & Bars
• Lakorn European Brasserie – A spacious and elegant venue featuring an outdoor terrace with Bangkok cityscape views. Decorated with traditional ornaments worn by Thai dancers, Lakorn European Brasserie offers a contemporary Thai ambience perfect for any time of day or night.
• Nan Bei – Nan Bei, meaning South and North respectively in Chinese, presents an authentic Chinese dining experience amidst an imaginative art deco interior. The menu features dishes made from the finest ingredients that deliver authentic Chinese cuisine.
• Lennon’s – Lennon’s features an extensive 6,000-vinyl collection, which guests can play and experience as in yesteryear. The nostalgic yet contemporary speakeasy features signature cocktails inspired by your favorite tunes.
• Sense, A Rosewood Spa – Occupying the whole six-floor, Sense, A Rosewood Spa is a sanctuary providing peace and tranquility in its healing offerings. It offers guests the chance to rest and reenergize within the dedicated haven, offering space to disconnect from the outside world and focus on personal wellness.
Guests unwind in one of the four individual rooms or two double rooms where state-of-the-art, results-oriented treatments are a focus within a spa menu filled with restorative therapies honoring Thailand’s Lost Remedies. The infusion of herbal healing in Sense treatments stems from a culture as far back as the first to 13th centuries — a time before the Sukothai, Lanna and Ayutthaya Kingdoms, the predecessors of the Thailand we know today.
• Swimming Pool – Guests can enjoy their urban escape at the dramatic 20-meter indoor-outdoor saltwater lap pool, which also features a whirlpool.
• Fitness Studio – A complete line of state-of-the-art Technogym equipment is provided for Rosewood Bangkok guests to maintain their fitness regimes while away from home. Bathed in natural light, the Fitness Studio is situated on the 9th floor of the property, offering views of the Bangkok metropolitan skyline. Personal trainers are available for assistance on request.
Corporate & Celebrations events
• Pavilion – Affording an unparalleled level of privacy and exclusivity, the Pavilion Ballroom is a purpose-built, high-end residential-style venue for hosting up to 200 guests. The meticulously designed, 320-sqare-meter event space features a private elevator, spacious foyer and impressively tall ceilings.
• Ploenchit Boardroom – Offering an inspiring panoramic view of Bangkok’s skyline, the Ploenchit Boardroom is the city’s most exclusive meeting location. Situated on the 28th floor, the intimate, 100-square-meter space is flooded with natural daylight.
Hotel and restaurant awards
• Nan Bei ; Michelin Recommended
2019 – 2020
• Best Luxury Hotels in Bangkok | FORBES
• Winner, AHEAD Asia Awards 2020| AHEAD
• 2020 Winner, Luxury Hotel | HOSPITALITY DESIGN
• Winner, AHEAD Global Awards 2020| AHEAD