Six Senses Vana
Six Senses Vana
Date of Creation
4 January 2014
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Jaspreet Singh
Jaspreet Singh assumed responsibility to lead Vana in October 2020 and continues as General Manager at Six Senses Vana post its rebranding in January 2023.
Prior to presiding the brand’s first ever dedicated wellness retreat in Dehradun, Jaspreet ensued an inspirational career in Hospitality Management spanning over three decades working with organizations such as Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, IHG, Andaz by Hyatt and Unison Hotels. Jaspreet brings extensive knowledge and experience to the role with a strong and established track record in growing and delivering great financial results through his strategic and tactical approach.
5 star Luxury
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
Six Senses Vana aims to be the leading Retreat for wellness seekers across the globe. Our mission is to provide an environment that encourages physical, mental and emotional balance and to help guests reconnect with themselves and their surroundings. We offer a blend of Ayurveda, Yoga and Tibetan medicine combined with Natural healing therapies and a rich daily activity schedule. The environment is designed to offer serenity and peace. We aim to protect and nurture, providing a space for people to discover and flourish guided by ancient wisdom.
Six Senses Vana
History & Story
Operating as Vana since 2014, the strong philosophy and loyal Vanavasi clientele were manifested by founder Veer Singh through his deep interest in and respect for sustainable farming, traditional wisdom, and nature. We will continue to nurture this intention under the Six Senses brand to help you achieve the best physical, mental, emotional and spiritual potential through our all-inclusive wellness retreat in Dehradun.
Set in a dense Sal forest just outside Dehradun, with the Himalayan foothills of Mussoorie to our north, Six Senses Vana resort is a refuge for all beings, people, plants, birds, butterflies, and the odd monkey. From the moment you arrive, when your forehead is dotted with crimson, and you don your loose-fitting kurta pajamas, to the moment you leave, and your wrist is tied with a red-string blessing, this soothing space serves as a leveler, where you can come as you are and connect to each other and nature without hindrance.
Immerse in a wellness retreat that enables you to feel, think, and be better. Through connecting to yourself, others, and nature. Moving your body, energy, and thoughts. Healing from what pains you. Accepting what is, to rebalance, rewild, and rechild.
Named after the forest we take refuge in, Six Senses Vana aims to protect and nurture, providing space to discover and flourish. Ayurveda, Yoga, Tibetan Medicine, and Natural Healing Therapies combine with a kind-hearted team and personalized support.
Every stay at Six Senses retreat in Dehradun includes full-board accommodation with all meals provided and prepared with guided nutrition; daily retreat activities such as yoga, meditation, workshops, and functional fitness; wellness consultation and screening; daily treatment; airport transfers; and attire to wear.
January 4, 2023
Rebranded as Six Senses Vana
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
A wellness retreat that offers a blend of Ayurveda, Tibetan Medicine, Yoga And Natural Healing Therapies, each supporting guests’ individual uniqueness.
There is nowhere quite like Six Senses Vana. Over the years, the outside world has crept nearer to our 21-acre retreat, and yet, just inside the boundaries, you enter a different world. A modern-day Ashram, a temple of wellness, with an assembly of Ayurvedic doctors, Yoga teachers, Tibetan healers, fitness experts, acupuncturists, reflexologists, inspiring Ayurvedic chefs, and a team of caring therapists who all contribute to our lives in a profound way.
Dehradun is much romanticized thanks to its prominence in the Sanskrit poems, Ramayana and Mahabharata. Your transfer from Dehradun’s Jolly Grant airport takes around 60 minutes via a scenic route through the hilly roads. Six domestic airlines operate flights to Dehradun from Delhi, Mumbai, and other key metro cities: Vistara, Indigo, Alliance Air, Air India, Spicejet and GoFirst.
Dehradun railway station is a 30-minute drive, and both train journeys take 6 hours. There are two daily trains and two overnight trains from New Delhi Railway Station. Both trains take about 6 hours to cover the distance between Delhi and Dehradun. The drive from Delhi to Dehradun takes approximately 5 to 6 hours depending on traffic. For guests who wish to travel between Delhi and Dehradun by road, we can assist in arranging a vehicle with a driver.
Yoga capital Rishikesh and the spiritual town of Haridwar is only a 90-minute drive south.
Key sites/activities in the area
0-5 years: Accomodation in Casa and Vana Suite. All F&B for children in rooms only. Lower section of the Retreat -Sports Area, Arrival Pavilion, Casa Orchard, Indoor pool, GWSS, Earth Lab and Yoga Orchard. Stay with all meals complimentary
6-11 years: All categories of rooms. Sharing parent’s room with a day bed basis availability. Maximum occupancy of 2 children with 2 adults. All F&B included in supplement charge. Lower section of the Retreat -Sports Area, Arrival Pavilion, Casa Orchard, Indoor pool, GWSS, Earth Lab and Yoga Orchard, Kila, Swimming pools and Restaurants. Supplement charge INR 5000 + taxes per night per child for meals and activities.
12-15 years: Considered as adult. All F&B and space access rules will apply as adult except involvement in wellness activities. A guest must be 16 years to be awail wellness offerings (treatments, group wellness activities, fitness facilities and consultations).
• Number of suites: 16 suites and 4 duplex style accomodation
• Number of Luxury rooms: 66 Rooms
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 86 keys ( 20 Garden Rooms, 46 Forest Rooms, 16 suites and 4 duplex styled accommodation)
Restaurants & Bars
• Salana (All-inclusive in Retreat pricing)
• Chef Rajesh Sharma, Director of Food & Beverage
• Salana’s contemporary wellness cuisine draws inspiration from life. Its focus on nutrition, creativity, nature, and low food miles reflects Six Senses Vana’s core philosophy. Menus change with the seasons, and at lunch and dinner each day. Whether you eat indoors, outdoors on our terrace, or while enjoying each other’s company around a long table, our cuisine is a retreat highlight. Six Senses Vana’s menus include vegetarian and vegan choices as well as mindfully sourced meat, fish and poultry. We endeavour to source organic or naturally grown food and do not air freight any produce. Our cuisine team produces everything from bread and butter to ice creams in our kitchens; broadening its knowledge and deepening roots tirelessly. Six Senses Vana’s cuisine is one of its greatest strengths.
• 920 unique recipes across breakfast, appetizers, soups, mains, desserts. Desserts alone are 250. Chances are one dish wouldn’t be repeated for atleast 14 days
• Anayu (All-inclusive in Retreat pricing)
• Chef Rajesh Sharma, Director of Food & Beverage
• Anayu is derived from the Sanskrit words “ana” and “ayu” meaning “nourishment/food” and “life”. It brings together Indian-inspired cuisine and Ayurvedic principles. Anayu’s menu is crafted to serve each of the three body types – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. We believe that food is a gift and eating it is a reverent experience.
• If you have had an opportunity to consult our vaidya on your dosha, then you could choose the palette best suited to you. Alternatively, you may choose the palette that seems most appetizing. In India, we believe that food is a gift, and eating it a reverent experience. We hope your experience at Anaya nourishes all senses and lifts your spirit.
• Wellness Center – Ayurveda, Tibetan Medicine, Natural Therapies, Yoga studios and pavilion
• Indoor heated pool, Outdoor heated pool, Hot tub, Watsu, Steam room, Ice fountain, Fitness center, Meditation Cave, Bodhi Tree
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
• Multi-Sports Arena (Tennis courts, Padel courts, Badminton courts, Cricket)
• Services: GEM (Guest Experience Maker), Tea and Juice Bar, Sketchbook meeting space, Cinema Paradiso, Library, Boutique, Earth Lab, Alchemy Bar, Salana cuisine lessons, Reflection Garden, Walking trails, Organic vegetable and herb gardens
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• #2 Top 30 Destination Spa Resorts in the World – by Conde′ Nast Traveller Readers Choice Awards 2021 , UK Edition
• Best Solo Getaway – by Organic Spa Media’s 2021 Wellness Travel Award
• #4 Top 30 Destination Spa Resorts in the World – by Conde′ Nast Traveller’s Readers Choice Awards 2020
• #2 Best Wellness Retreat of the year 2020 – by Destination Deluxe Awards 2020
• #6 The Best Spa Resorts in the U.S. & Around the World : 2020 – by Conde′ Nast Traveller’s Readers Choice Awards
Number of employees
287 as on July 2023