The PuLi Hotel and Spa Greater China
The PuLi Hotel and Spa
1 Changde Road, JingAn District, Shanghai 200040 China
Urban Resort Concepts (URC)
Corporate Joint Venture
Date of Creation
September 4, 2009
Hotel General Manager
Olivier Zatka. Born and raised in Alsace – Strasbourg, France and fluent in English and French, Zatka graduated with a master’s degree at Strasbourg Hospitality School in Hospitality Administration and Management.With more than 20 years’ experience in the luxury hospitality industry, Zatka’s experience spans Europe, North Africa and Asia-Pacific. His most recent position began in 2018 as Executive Assistant Manager at The St. Regis Hong Kong as part of the pre-opening team and was later promoted to Hotel Manager in September 2020. SHANGHAI, July 2021 – The PuLi Hotel and Spa (The PuLi), the acclaimed luxury property managed by Urban Resort Concepts (URC), is pleased to announce Mr. Olivier Zatka has been appointed General Manager, effective July, 2021.
Luxury hotel (LHW)
Hope to be the first choice for guests on vacation in the city.
The PuLi Hotel and Spa
History & Story
Since opened in September 2009,The PuLi Hotel and Spa is one of the first luxury urban resorts in Shanghai. With handcrafted luxury at the core of its service philosophy, The PuLi guest experience mark a departure from the expected generic style of luxury usually associated with conventional collections of foremost hotels. The results is a distinctively unique, new and spatial guest experience which heightens discovery and brings pleasure to the senses.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The PuLi returns to the origins of luxury through simple design, ambiance, craftsmanship and attention to details. Take guests on a sensory adventure that transcends traditional luxury. We endeavor to orchestrate a guest experience that is genuine, intuitive and seamless.
The PuLi Hotel and Spa is China’s first luxury urban resort, centrally located in the very heart of Shanghai’s JingAn District, between the famous NanJing West Road and YanAn Middle Road. The 26-floor hotel has a prime location close to some of Shanghai’s best business, shopping, sightseeing and entertainment areas and is accessible via a myriad of transportation options, including subway Line 2 and Line 7.
Key sites/activities in the area
Jing’An Temple, Jing’An Park, West Nan Jing Road
Luxury Resort located in the centre of Shanghai.
• Number of suites: 36 • Number of Luxury rooms:193 • Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 229
• Flat screen LED television sets
• Bose Wave music systems
• Nespresso machines
• Personal safes
• Wifi throughout the hotel
• Rainforest showers
• Bathtubs with stunning views over the Shanghai skyline and JingAn Park
• Automated sunshades, temperature adjustments and monitor system in every room
• Stocked mini-bars
1）Junior Suite / Deluxe Suite:
• Daily breakfast
• One-way airport limousine service once per room per stay
• Daily laundry or pressing for up to 3 pieces
2）2-bedroom Junior Suite / Grand Suite / JingAn Suite:
• Daily breakfast
• Twice one-way airport limousine service once per room per stay
• Daily laundry or pressing for up to 5 pieces*
Restaurants & Bars
• PHÉNIX eatery & bar (All inclusive) — Executive Chef : Ugo Rinaldo
• Located on Level 2 of The PuLi Hotel and Spa and overlooking JingAn Park, PHÉNIX eatery & bar is rooted in the philosophy of “Life is about the ingredients” and presents Modern French cuisine inspired by the richness of seasonal natural ingredients. Our Executive Chef has embarked on a mission to give a new life to French cuisine, by revisiting old favourites with a modern refreshing twist. PHÉNIX also features an intimate yet vibrant lounge space, allowing guests to enjoy classic minimalist cocktails and an impressive French wine selection.
• Swimming Pool :The indoor infinity pool is 25 meters long and 8 meters wide. The close-to-the-window design ensures customers enjoy the beautiful view of Jing’An Park during their swim.
• Gym :Health Club is equipped with experiential showers, micro bubble bath – a three-in-one whirlpool and a state-of-the-art gym with TECHNOGYM equipment.
• UR SPA : Tailor-made treatments using bespoke and organic formulations from industry-leading creators of wellness products, COMFORT ZONE and VALMONT offer anything from express treatments to whole day rituals.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
• WELL-KEND AT THE PULI (Unlock your inner vitality with a new series of wellness sessions at The Puli,ranging from mind-calming yoga, core-strenghtheing pilates to engrgetic boxing,designed to promote overall wellbeing.)
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Four-Star Rated hotels 2021—-Forbes Travel Guide
• Travelers’ Choice 2021—-TripAdviser
• PHÉNIX eatery & bar – One Michelin Star Restaurant—The Michelin Guide Shanghai 2021
• PHÉNIX eatery & bar – One Diamond Restaurant—The Black Pearl Guide Shanghai 2021
• 2021 Trip.com Gourmet – Platinum—Trip.com
• #13 of « Top 20 Hotels in China »—Condé Nast Traveller’s 2020 Readers’ Choice Awards
• Four-Star Rated hotels 2020—Forbes Travel Guide
• Travelers’ Choice 2020—TripAdvisor
• PHÉNIX eatery & bar – One Michelin Star Restaurant—The Michelin Guide Shanghai 2020
• #2 of « Top 10 Hotels Asia/China »—Condé Nast Traveller’s 2019 Readers’ Choice Awards
• UR SPA – Best Traditional Chinese Massage—Harper BAZAAR Malaysia-Spa Awards 2019
Number of employees