The Upper House Hong Kong, Greater China
The Upper House
Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty Hong Kong
Date of Creation
02 October, 2009
Hotel General Manager
5 star luxury & design hotel
THE UPPER HOUSE
History & Story
The Upper House is a highly individualised small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. He seeks to redefine the concept of new-luxury by creating a ‘haven of calm and quiet taste.
The name « The Upper House » is derived from the design philosophy of an upward journey from Queensway towards Pacific Place, elevating to a serene house above the bustling city.
The Upper House is a unique hotel. Always relaxed and never stuffy, we like to see it as a home away from home, a different experience for the discerning travelle. It is a place where we appreciate that each of our guests has.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Location : Above Pacific Place, conveniently located in the heart of Hong Kong’s business district.
• Personal touch : Our Guest Experience team is here to offer personalised service.
• Room : Largest studio rooms in town with minimnum room size 730 sq ft/ 68 sq m. Our rooms starts from L38, feature substantial window with scenic harbour or island views
• Features : Complimentary in-room maxi bar, internet access, IPTV
• Environmental Initiatives :The Upper House is a smoke-free hotel, all our 117 hotel rooms are non-smoking room. Paperless Arrival and departure experience
The hotel sits above Pacific Place, Hong Kong’s premier integrated commercial, retail and hospitality complex. Conveniently located in the heart of Hong Kong’s business district, the hotel is just 40 minutes away from the airport and within walking distance of many tourist attractions. Admiralty MTR, buses routes and other transportation are all close by.
Key sites/activities in the area
It is where Hong Kong meets, shops, socialises, dines, works, networks and relaxes. At the very heart of Hong Kong Island, looking out towards the harbour and backed by the Hong Kong Park
An outdoor secret garden The Lawn on level 6 to enjoy cocktails or garden snacks in lush green surroundings, for a relaxing respite under Hong Kong skyline. A warm and inviting Sky Lounge featuring a central fireplace is open day and night on level 49.
The Upper House is a highly individualised small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu.
The hotel’s 117 rooms, all featuring scenic harbour or island views, including 21 suites and 2 penthouses, begin at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong.
The Upper House is designed to accommodate the needs of discerning business travelers and at the same time offers outstanding value. Our services include:
• All our guestrooms are smoke-free
• Paperless arrival and departure experience
• Welcome tea upon arrival
• Complimentary Maxi-bar (Beer, soft drinks, minerals and snack items)
• Dual temperature wine fridge with global wine program
• Espresso machine and selection of teas and infusions
• Luxury down bedding
• Shoe shine service
• Spacious bathrooms with TV, dressing area, walk-in rain shower and limestone clad bath
• LCD TV with 2.1 surround sound and simple connectivity for PC, Camcorder and MP3
• IPTV – complimentary international blockbusters, music and other useful information for guests
• Complimentary wired and wireless high speed internet access
• Complimentary local phone calls
• Special access rooms available
• Secluded lawn space for hotel guests and private events
• Salisterra – Layered and Social Mediterranean Dining
• Access to Fitness area – well equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipment
• Efficient & Friendly ‘One Stop’ Guest Experience team
• Earning 500 Asia Miles per stay
Restaurants & Bars
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our much-anticipated dining concept at Level 49, opening on 17 April 2021. Drawing upon the spectrum of colours and flavours from the Mediterranean, the new dining concept will deliver a layered and social dining experience high above the city, combined with the culinary finesse of London-based Michelin star Chef Jun Tanaka, and the design flair of acclaimed architect, André Fu.
Formed by the Latin words ‘salis’ for salt and ‘terra’ for earth, Salisterra will capture the richness of the Mediterranean with the warmth and familiarity of a neighbourhood bistro. The understated elegance and unmatched personalised service that have each become synonymous with The House Collective, will be threaded throughout the experience.
Focusing on fresh, vibrant flavours, the menu will draw inspiration from the coastal cuisines of France and Italy, where good food and wine are about bringing people together. Salisterra’s talented mixologists and sommeliers will work alongside the culinary team to offer a refreshing drinks programme.
Further enhancing the relationship with The Upper House architect which began over a decade ago, Andre Fu has reimagined Level 49 with earthy and bold colours of the Mediterranean juxtaposing the striking geometry of the Hong Kong skyline.
24-hour Gym Room
Well- equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipment from Precor and Keiser
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
Every Saturday and Sunday morning, we offer a complimentary morning yoga session on The Lawn
To bike around the town, we have 2 bicycles ready for use on complimentary basis
Number of employees