Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro
Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro
Avenida Atlântica 1702, Rio de Janeiro
Date of creation
Mr. Ulises Marreiros.
COPACABANA PALACE, A BELMOND HOTEL, RIO DE JANEIRO
History and Story
The iconic Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro is known as the most luxurious hotel in Brazil and the perfect escape to reconnect with what matters the most to you. Enjoy the Copacabana Beach and get inspired by the legendary palace, with one of the most beautiful views in the world, which will help you to create great memories. Easily accessible from the airport and minutes away from major tourist attractions, the hotel also offers three restaurants: Northern Italian cuisine, Brazilian and international gastronomy and a Pan-Asian Michelin stared restaurant. You can slow down and have a genuine escape in the middle of Copacabana.
• 2012 – the restoration of the main building was concluded and also remodeled the rooms keeping the traditional style of the hotel.
• 2017 – Restaurante Pérgula – recently renovated, the Pergula restaurant brings the spirit of Rio de Janeiro to the salon and its kitchen, which now brings the flavor of the Mediterranean cuisine in its dishes.
Date added extensions
1948 – Construction of the Anex building
5 Star Luxury Hotel
Main strengths, special touch
The atmosphere in the hotel is familar friendly due to the special personal service which has a way of making families feel welcome and at home. Their every need is attended, and the individual histories compiled makes sure that guests are well remembered when they return. Exclusive products such as the Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro´s own aromatic scent which pervades throughout the hotel, along with personalized amenities such as boxes made of chocolate with the guest´s name on it, mineral water labeled with the name of the hotel, candles, bathrobes, luxurious towels embroidered with the hotel logo, brings to guests a feeling of being part of the hotel. Staying at Belmond Copacabana Palace is an unique experience of pleasure and sophistication. The hotel also offers services such as florist, boutiques, spa, beauty salon and fitness center.
Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro’s most famous stretch, is the stunning setting for this iconic luxury hotel. You will be few minutes away from the city’s business center, as well as the Ipanema and Leblon districts.
Key sites/activities in the area
The hotel is close to other famous beaches: Ipanema, Leblon and Arpoador. Likewise the Christ of Redeemer and Sugar Loaf are close. Guest can enjoy Rio’s most beautiful spots.
Each corner of Copa a great story is told, as in the Hall of Fame, it is possible to see big names that have stayed with the passing years, for example: Ginger Rogers, Walt Disney, Lady Di ….
• Number of suites: 94
– One Bedroom City View Suite (10) approx 46m² (495 ft²), spacious suites, feature Av. Nossa Senhora de Copacabana view. Each has a comfortable sitting area with a living room, high ceilings, bedroom and bathroom, some shower/tub combination, some separate tub and shower. – Maximum 3 guests using 1 rollaway (no rollaway allowed 15 or older).
– One Bedroom Avenue View Suite (20) approx 62m² (667 ft²), spacious suites, living room, bedroom, separate tub and shower and private balconies/veranda facing the Nossa Senhora de Copacabana Avenue. – Maximum 3 guests using 1 extra bed (no rollaway bed allowed 15 or older).
– One Bedroom Pool View Suite (36) approx 62m² (667 ft²), located in the Tower wing poolside, sitting room, adjoining veranda overlooking the pool. Separate tub and shower – Maximum 3 guests using 1 extra bed.
– One Bedroom Ocean View Suite (19) approx 46m² (495 ft²), located in the Main Building. Spacious suites feature beautiful Copacabana beach view. Each one has a comfortable sitting area with a living room, high ceilings, bedroom and bathroom, separate tub and shower. – Maximum 2 guests.
– Deluxe One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite (4) approx 68m² (731 ft²), located in the Main Building. Spacious suite featuring the Copacabana beach view, sitting area with living room, special amenities Bedroom and bathroom, separate tub and shower. – Maximum 3 guests using 1 rollaway.
– Two Bedroom Ocean View Suite: Tower Wing (1) approx 165m² (1776 ft²), features two bedrooms and two terraces. The master bedroom has one king bed and the second bedroom offers two twin beds or one king. Only book through hotel directly.
– Ocean Front Executive Suites (2) approx. 165m² ( 1776 ft²), located in the Tower wing. Privileged view from the pool and the beach. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms, tub and shower separate. One kitchen. Living room with dinner table for 6 guests and balcony – Maximum 4 guests.
– City View Executive Suite (1) approx. 220 m² (2638 ft²), located in the Tower wing. Featuring 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and 1 restroom. One kitchen, service area, spacious living room with dinner table for 6 guests and balcony – Maximum 6 guests.
Master Ocean View Suite (1) approx. 80 m² (861 ft²), located in Main Building. Stunning view of the Copacabana beach, spacious living room. Separate tub and shower. Only book through hotel directly
• Number of Luxury rooms: 7
– Penthouse Suites (1 City View/6 Ocean View) approx. 100 m² (1291 ft²), 6th floor, king bed, original art, oriental carpets, French fabrics, exclusive 6th floor guests only, stylish living, Grandiose suites, living room, bedroom, bar, spacious marble bathroom, balcony facing Copacabana street, butler service 24 hours, exclusive black pool access for 6th floor guest, IPod connection, coffee maker – Maximum 2 guests (no rollaway allowed).
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 138
– Superior City View Rooms (59) approx 30m² (322 ft²), located in the tower wing or in the main building, can have king or 2 twin beds, all have shower & tub. -Maximum 2 guests.
– Deluxe City View Rooms (29) approx 32m² (344 ft²), located in the Main building, can have king or 2 twins bed, all have shower & tub. – Maximum 2 guests.
– Superior Partial Ocean View Rooms (15) approx 30m² (322 ft²), located in the main building, with partial beach view & pool, only book through hotel directly. – Maximum 2 guests.
– Deluxe Ocean View Rooms (35) approx 40m² (375 ft²), spacious, King or 2 Twins, facing the Copacabana beach, some feature Juliet-style balconies, separate tub and shower. – Maximum 2 guests.
Restaurants and bars
Restaurant Hotel Cipriani – The menu includes traditional Italian dishes as a trattoria in the lunch menu and a more sophisticated menu for dinner. – Chef Aniello Cassese
Chef’s Table – Located inside the kitchen of Restaurant Hotel Ciprini, the Chef’s table can sit only six people for lunch or dinner.
Restaurant MEE – Rio’s first pan-Asian restaurant that inaugurated in February 2014. One of the first restaurants in South America to be awarded a prestigious Michelin star in the first and second edition (2015 and 2016) of the Michelin Guide – Chef Kazuo Harada
Restaurant Pérgula – specializes in Mediterranean cuisine and recently renovated. Its location gives the restaurant a magnificent view of both the pool and the Copacabana beach. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the restaurant is famous for the traditional Sunday Brunch. – Chef Filipe Rizzato
Copacabana Palace SPA – with two floors and seven treatment rooms, of which five are individual and two are spa suites. A dry and wet sauna and a peaceful relaxation area make up this wonderful spa. Open to the public, its beauty services offers facial and body treatments, therapies and both relaxing and energizing massages.
Beauty Salon – With high quality services for guests and visitors such as haircut, hair color and style, manicure, pedicure, makeup, waxing and others. At the salon there are different services, always performed with the best products in the market. The salon has two floors and on the lower level there is an exclusive makeup room that can be reserved for special occasions.
Boutique ‘1923’ – sells clothes, accessories and jewelries of the best local brands and also international ones. Some pieces are unique, therefore, they can only be found inside the store of the Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro.
Corporate and celebration events
Copacabana Palace Ball Room – Located where the casino used to be. The overall capacity of these salons is 800 people seated and 1,200 standing. The Palm and Crystal Salons have ceilings of 10.4 meters high, and measure 450m2 each. The foyer of the theater measures 260m2 .
Golden Room – With a capacity for 500 people seated is recommended for large meetings. Its stage used for speeches and lectures makes the salon ideal for small conventions and wedding receptions.
Noble Room – has been seen in several movies that were made in the hotel. The room is recommended for food and beverage events and can be joined to the Golden Room, transforming it into our largest salon, with a capacity of 800 people.
More 8 rooms
Extra notable features
Swimming Pool – Sunbathe, swim and socialize in one of Rio’s largest and most attractive swimming pools.
Beach Service – Our exclusive service provides sun loungers, umbrellas and water to hotel guests. Beach assistants will also look after your belongings as you enjoy Copacabana Beach.
Tennis Court – Keep fit or de-stress with a game of tennis. The concierge can arrange for free use of racquets and balls, as well as professional coaching (price on request)
Fitness Centre – Located in the Copacabana Palace Spa, the fully air-conditioned Fitness Centre boasts the latest fitness equipment, with a variety of cardiovascular and resistance-exercise options. Stretching classes, personal trainer and power plate sessions are also available.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
MICHELIN GUIDE – 1 Star – Kazuo Harada MEE
VEJA RIO COMER & BEBER – Best Asian Restaurant
• VEJA RIO COMER & BEBER – The best Asian Restaurant
• NICHELIN GUIDE – 1 Star – Rafael Hidaka MEE
• VEJA RIO COMER & BEBER – Best Asian Restaurant
• MELHORES DO RIO REVISTA EPOCA – Best Asian Restaurant
EXPERT`S CHOICE AWARD – Cipriani restaurant – Winner 2016
Number of employees