Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana Brazil
Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana
Avenida Atlântica, 4240
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
General Manager of Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, Netto Moreira has been in Rio since 2012, when he returned from a professional hotel career of almost 15 years between Europe and North America. On his return to Brazil, Netto stood out and won the position of operational manager at the then Sofitel Copacabana, until he reached the position of general manager of Sofitel Ipanema. Netto has a degree in Hospitality from the Lycée Hôtellerie Tourisme St. Quentin, in Yvelines Guyancourt, in Paris, France. With two specialization courses in Operations in the United States and Canada, the executive participated in the MBA IHMP (International Hotel Management Program) of the Académie AccorHotels, in 2013-2014.
5-star Luxury, Accor Hotels
Being the 1st Fairmont branded hotel in South America, our development strategy was to rapidly become a flagship in the luxury segment within Accor. After a few months of very successful numbers in Rio, we had to close the hotel for 6 months due to Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our strategy was:
. Keep close contact via online platforms withing the sales and marketing team
. Have online meetings with clients
. Keep our infinity pool musical schedule – online
. Develop an online toolkit with our pictures, presentations, videos – available 100%
. Train our staff over and over
Fairmont Rio then reopened as a desired product, a strong brand and a reference to the tourism resume in Rio and Brazil.
Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana
History & Story
It is in rio, more specifically on Copacabana beach, that Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has chosen to open its first hotel in south america, around the sun-kissed sands of Copacabana beach under the gaze of the majestic sugar loaf mountain. Set in one of the most spectacular areas on the waterfront, the Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana was designed by renowned architect Patricia Anastassiadis and inspired by the glamour of the 1950’s in Rio de Janeiro.
2019 – Full Renovation of the Hotel, Designer Patricia Anastasiadis
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The entrance represents the conexion of Fairmont with the destination, where Patricia proposes the portuguese mosaic tiles that line the waterfront sidewalks. Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana features incomparable views and limitless luxury. All rooms have balconies, great outdoor area, musical attractions 6 nights a week…
Located on Atlantic Avenue along the magnificient copacabana beach, Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is a beachfront oasis.
Key sites/activities in the area
Copacabana is a fascinating cultural mix of music, art and fashion, this magical spot is also close to museums, theaters, botanical gardens, and only 3 km away from the fascinating Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon and Ipanema Beach. Only 20 minutes away from local airport (Santos Dumont) and 40 minutes from main international airport Tom Jobim.
Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is opening a new restaurant/kiosk Tropìk in front of the hotel in December.
There’s no minimum age for children.
Fairmont Room City View – 153 rooms, 35m², equipped with a 55” tv, mini bar, digital safe and wifi, amenities Le Labo
Deluxe Room City View – 108 rooms, 35m², equipped with a 55” tv, mini bar, digital safe and wifi, amenities Le Labo
Deluxe Room Ocean View – 46 rooms, 35m², equipped with a 55” tv, mini bar, digital safe and wifi, amenities Le Labo
Family Room City View – 14 Suite, 55m², equipped with a 55” tv, mini bar, digital safe and wifi, amenities Le Labo
Junior Suite Ocean View – 11 Suite, 55m², equipped with a 55” tv, mini bar, digital safe and wifi, amenities Le Labo
One Bedroom Suite Ocean View – 41 Suite, 70m², equipped with a 55” tv, mini bar, digital safe and wifi, amenities Le Labo
Signature Suites Ocean View – 2 Suite, 189m², equipped with a 55” tv, mini bar, digital safe and wifi, amenities Le Labo will be custom made with guests’ names
• Number of suites: 68
• Number of Luxury rooms: 148
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 375
Restaurants & Bars
• Marine Restô : In an environment that has a mix of relaxation and elegance, with a lush view of Copacabana Beach, the restaurant is an excellent option for who wants to try the best local ingredients. The main attraction of Marine are the dishes prepared in the Josper, a mix of barbecue grill and oven, with courses that are meant to be shared and make the experience even more amazing.
• Spirit Copa Bar : The Spirit Copa Bar is located next to the Fairmont Rio’s infinity pool and it also has a breathtaking view of the Copacabana Beach, where you can even see the Sugar Loaf. The view alone would be an invitation undeniable, but the Spirit menu reinforces this feeling, with classic drinks and the best caipirinhas in town. To accompany, delicious portions of oyster, smoked salmon and ceviche.
• COA&CO CAFE : Located on the ground floor of Fairmont Rio, the location offers different types of coffees genuinely Brazilians, who can be accompanied by light and tasty food, like toast or even a sandwich. Furthermore, the menu also features handmade ice cream. In an environment with a lot of charm and design.
• Willow Stream Spa by Fairmont offers a truly holistic experience, including customized treatments to rejuvenate and energize.
• 5 massage rooms, including one room for couples, hamman & sauna, beauty salon, beauty saloon, spa suite
• 2 swimming pools the best of the carioca beach inside the hotel the magnificent copacabana beach frontal view pool brings the outdoor carioca lifestyle inside the hotel
• Fitness Center
Corporate & Celebration Events
• State-of-the-art convention and meeting center with the cutting edge technology for your conference or congress. Also an extraordinary venue to host your social event
• 13 event and meeting rooms
• Capacity : 900
Extra Notable Features
• Fairmont Golf – Rio de Janeiro is the “Home of Olympic Golf”. Fairmont Rio has created an unforgettable experience with Fairmont Golf at the Marvellous City. Fairmont Rio, where moments become memories. 02 night stay with breakfast, green fee and golf cart included. Upon availability.
• Sports Experiences : Beach Tennis Friday to Sunday – 4 to 6pm | Outrigger Boat Friday and Saturday – 9 to 10am | Stand Up Paddle Friday to Sunday –7am to 6pm
• Well – being : Yoga Saturday and Sunday – 8 às 9h | 8 to 9am
• Art and Design : Art&Design Tour – Saturday and Sunday – 10 to 11am | Guided Visit – Visit at Copacabana Fort Historic Museum
• Gastronomic Experiences : Cocktail class – @Spirit Copa Bar Saturday and Sunday – 4 to 5pm | Coffee and chocolate tasting – @Coa&CoCafé – Saturday and Sunday – 11 to 12am | Noble Feijoada – Sunday 2 to 5 pm
• Musical Attractions – Every week a different attraction by the Fairmont Rio’s infinity pool.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice 2021
• Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice 2020
• Haute Grandeur Global Hotel Awards 2020 – Shortlisted
• Prêmio Líderes do Rio 2019 – LIDE
• Prêmio Líderes do Rio 2020 – LIDE
Number of employees