Hotel Casa San Agustin Colombia
Hotel Casa San Agustin
Centro, Calle de la Universidad N. 36-44
Date of Creation
October 11 of 2012
Hotel General Manager
Carolina Bernal Sandoval serves as the General Manager of Casa San Agustín and before this position she was the Commercial Director of Casa San Agustin. Ms. Bernal has 24 years of experience in the Tourism Industry and she has worked in luxury hotels in Cartagena and Bogota both in Colombia. Prior to joining Casa San Agustin, she served as MICE Commercial Director in a wholesale travel agency.
Luxury Boutique Hotel. Our Luxury brand is LHW
Focus in the Internatonal Market and luxury segment showing an excellent service with a gorgeus and unique colonial product in Cartagena de Indias.
HOTEL CASA SAN AGUSTIN
History & Story
Casa San Agustín is a total renovation and lovingly Casa restored boutique luxury hotel comprised of three colonial homes dating from the 17th century. These structures retain many of their key architectural elements and have been combined to create a stunning property.
The house retains some original frescoes, and many furnishings, including ironwork beds, light fixtures chandeliers and hand painted tiles, have been specifically designed for San Agustin, all creating a chic individuality to the sophisticated interiors.
The hotel made its opening in 2012 and from that date has not been renewaled. The restoring Architects were Vladimir Caballero and Miguel Soto
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Main strengths : Location, personalized service and our Staff warmth. The special touch is our colonial architecture, magical, unique and authentic spaces.
Casa San Agustin is located at the heart of the historic center within the walls of the Old Town, which has been designated as Unesco World Heritage site since 1984. This iconic feature remains an outstanding example of the military architecture of the XVI and XVII, and is located Just 10 minutes away from Rafael Nuñez International Airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
Around the hotel there are many historical and interesting places like Churches, Museums, Squares , Restaurants and Colombian designers Boutiques between others.
• Day Tour to Acasí private beach
• Shopping Tour
• Guide Walking Tour Specialized in Colonial architecture.
• City Tour with tickets to main museums and places of interest.
• Tastings Colombian Coffe, wine, rum & chocolate
• Sunset Sailing around the Bahia of Cartagena de Indias.
• Cooking Ceviche Class by Restaurante Alma
• In the 17th Century Mr. Juan de Torrezar Diaz Pimienta (Spain) was named Viceroy, lived in the main house where the hotel is built and married with a 16 years old Cartagenera named Maria de Salas. He traveled to Honda to be crowned Viceroy, where he was received by the Archbishop who at the dinner offered poisoned him to remain as Viceroy later.
• In our lobby, there was a coffee shop where “The Noble prize in literature Gabriel Garcia Marquez “used to consume a rice drink when He was a student.
Number of suites: 11
Number of Luxury rooms: 20
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 30
It’s 20 guestrooms and 11 suites beautifully decorated preserves the authentic Colombian style.
• 20 Deluxe Room (38m2 – 78m2): Colonial room that dates from the seventeenth century preserving an authentic Colombian Style incorporating contemporary details. Mostly these rooms have cool balconies or terraces and a beautiful view towards the internal gardens of the Hotel or with a view towards the streets of the ancient city. Canopy beds, sumptuous Frette lingerie, exclusive ortigia amenities that impart the essence of orange trees with a light touch of neroli and exotic woods, LCD with technology HD, Wifi access, iPad.
• 5 Junior Suite Room (79m2 – 93m2): Bedroom Colonial dating from the seventeenth century, preserving an authentic Colombian Style incorporating contemporary details. Mostly these rooms have cool balconies and a beautiful view towards the internal gardens of the Hotel. Canopy beds, sumptuous Frette lingerie, exclusive ortigia amenities that impart the essence of orange trees with a light touch of neroli and exotic woods, LCD with HD technology, Wifi access iPad.
• 3 Suite Premium Room (40m2 – 60m2): Colonial Room dating from the seventeenth century, preserving an authentic Colombian style incorporating contemporary datails. It has private terraces with pool or Jacuzzi with a beautiful view of the hotel gardens Canopy beds, sumptuous Frette linens, exclusive amenities nettle that impart the essence of orange trees with a light touch of Neroli and exotic woods, LCD with HD technology,
• 2 Suite Prestige Room (149m2 – 161m2): Colonial room that dates from the seventeenth century, preserving an authentic Colombian Style incorporating contemporary details. It offers two exclusive and environments, large balconies flooded by natural light with a view towards the streets the stressts of the old city. Canopy beds, sumptuous Frette lingerie, exclusive ortigia amenities that impart the essence of oranges trees with a light touch of neroli and exotic woods, LCD with HD technology, WIFI access, iPad
• 1 Suite del Virrey (170 m2): Colonial room dating from 17th century, preserving an authentic Colombian style incorporating contemporary details. It offers two exclusive rooms with large balconies and terraces flooded by natural light with views towards, the stressts of the old city, high ceilings with wooden beams and private jacuzzi. Canopy beds, sumptuous frette lingerie, exclusive Ortigia amenities that impart the essense of orange trees with a slight touch of neroli and exotic woods, LCD with HD technology, access Wifi, iPad and iPod player.
Restaurants & Bars
Alma Restaurant: If the kitchen is often considered the heart of a home, then Alma (“Alma”) will be the center of Casa San Agustín, both literally and figuratively. with al fresco dining on the patio in the center of the three buildings, the bar, restaurant and lounge will serve as a place where guests and locals gather to drink and dine sophisticated local specialties. They will offer snacks to nibble around the pool or in the lounge.
The menu will feature freshly caught seafood and fish that are used to create a Typical Colombian style. the freshest succulent pork in the area will be offered Menus and ingredients with Latin Flavors will satisfy the most demanding plates. To top off the meal, the chef Heberto Eljach will display the rich selection of indigenous fruits of the region with simple clean flavors. Alma is destines to be a home for locals and guests alike and with its romantic and unique setting.
Alma Bar : our specialites are the Gin´s and Tonic
Aurum Spa :Aurum Spa: Is the Latin word meaning “Gold” or “Shining Dawn”. Pre-Colombian civilizations revered the Sun as an important deity and in ancient times the Sun was often thought to live in the Earth as Gold, which is the universal symbol for the highest purity and value, and is a much sought after element for alchemy, ceremony, and economy. Gold is the classical symbol of beauty, wealth, and power. Gold often represents the sun, and the radiance and purity of gold allude to its healing and mystical properties, as well as its qualities of protection and harmony with nature. this Aurum Spa honors these qualities by promoting the awakening of the inner power and natural abundance inherently available to each person. The services at Aurum spa are personalized to cater to each individual need, transforming the mind, body and soul on a journey to radiance, awareness and self discovery.
Swimming Pool : In the heart of the hotel where apreciate the main wall of the acueduct of Cartagena in 17th Century
Corporate & Celebration Events
Marquez de Villa Alta Meeting Room : The capacity is up to 40 people
Alma Restaurant: Special for private dinners of the guests and clients
Solarium : On the third floor with showers and a bar with cocktails and snacks,special for private dinners of the guests (10 pax)
Pool Bar : Near to the pool, offers cocktails, snacks and food to the guests and any celebration such as birthdays, aniversaries, sport shows on the t.v. located in this area too.
Extra Notable Features
Cooking Class: ceviche’s preparation class / on request
Yoga class : on request
Coffee christening: on request
Any activity for the guests are made through the concierges
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Forbes travel guide 2020 star award winners
Condé Nast traveler 2020 gold list
Most wanted by guests | hotels.com
Travel + leisure world’s best awards
Trip advisor traveller’s choice no.1 best hotels in Colombia.
Trip advisor traveller’s choice no.1 best hotels in Colombia.
Trip advisor traveller’s choice no.1 25 most popular hotels in Colombia.
Trip advisor traveller’s choice no.15 25 exceptional service
Trip advisor traveller’s choice no.2 25 romantic hotels in Colombia.
Trip advisor traveller’s choice no.1 best luxury hotel Colombia
Trip advisor traveller’s choice no. 1 most popular hotel Colombia
Trip advisor traveller’s choice no. 2 exceptional service hotel Colombia
Trip advisor traveller’s choice no. 3 best romantic hotel Colombia
Travel + leisure’s 2018 world’s best awards – nro.4 in the top 10 city hotels in central and south America
Number of employees