Playa Vik Jose Ignacio Uruguay
Playa Vik Jose Ignacio
Calle Los Cisnes esq. Los Horneros s/n. Jose Ignacio. – Uruguay
Playa Vik Jose Ignacio
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5 star luxury
Expanding Playa Vik’s reach to discerning luxury travelers seeking unique, art infused experiences that reflect the authentic spirit of Uruguay. Aiming to accentuate Playa Vik’s commitment to offering a blend of contemporary design, art, nd nature, further collaborations with international artists and wellness experts are on the horizon. This includes our 2023 & 2024 group wellness retreats, uniquely designed by Isabella.
Playa Vik Jose Ignacio
History & Story
Playa Vik José Ignacio is an avant-garde beachfront sanctuary that is not just a place to stay, but an immersion into the bohemian spirit of José Ignacio, accentuated by a globally significant art collection and the contemporary Uruguayan architecture.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Unparalleled blend of contemporary design, curated art from renowned global artists and nature. Privileged location over the mansa beach in the heart of Jose Ignacio, a unique setting to witness the one of the most stunning sunsets in the worlds.
Playa Vik is located in the heart Jose Ignacio, on the mansa beach. Jose Ignacio is accessible via Punta del Este airport, with a scenic 30-minute drive along the coast. Montevideo, the capital, is 1.5 hours away. Playa Vik is also in proximity to Estancia Vik, situated just 5.6 miles away.
Keys sites / activities in the area
Pristine beaches, relaxed bohemian setting, hidden art galleries, vineyards and olives fields nearby, and premier dining venues.
• Sculptural Architecture: The iconic « Sculpture » building features an inclined glass façade, monumental sculpted bronze door, and titanium panels that redefine modern beachfront living. The celestial map of the southern hemisphere is embedded with optic lights in our swimming pool floor.
• Playa Vik rich collection of international and Uruguayan artworks, including
Children’s Corner :
While we cater to a refined experience, children are welcome. However, there are no specialized programs or areas designated for them.
• Number of suites: 3 suites between the central sculpture building and six surrounding casas
• Number of Luxury rooms: all rooms at Playa Vik are luxury suites
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 19
• Playa Vik’s main Sculpture building is flanked by six small houses or “casas” each comprised of two or three bedrooms featuring a fireplace and blending the interior and exterior as fully retractable windows lead out to these unique private gardens. Dividing the casas are large bougainvillea plants that grow upwards towards the the casas’ “living roof” of colorful Uruguayan wildflowers, which cover and sweep across the undulating earth roofscapes of the casa pavilion, creating a striking panorama of natural color.
• Two bedroom “casas” Tierra & José Ignacio are composed by two suites, a central living room and private patio. Maximum capacity p/2 bedroom casa: 4 guests. Bedding available: king bed in main bedroom and bunk beds in second bedroom. No extra beds allowed.
• Three bedroom “casas” Ebano, Raices and Casa Mar are composed by two double suites, a single room, a central living & dining area and private patios. Maximum capacity p/3 bedroom casa: 5 guests. Bedding available: king & twin beds. 1 extra bed is allowed p/casa.
Restaurants & Bars
Playa Vik’s culinary landscape is a tribute to authentic Uruguayan cuisine, emphasizing ingredients sourced from local farms and waters. The emphasis is on fresh seafood, regional vegetables, and dairy, all presented through simple yet elegant cooking techniques that resonate with Uruguay’s serene beach traditions. Cielo & Mar Restaurant delights with a gluten-free menu, signature fish BBQ, and a curated range of VIK wines. As diners savor these offerings, they are graced with what many describe as the world’s most captivating sunset views.
• The 75-foot long cantilevered pool extends from the Patagonian ebony terrace, offering majestic beach views. Adorned with a celestial map using optic lights, the pool is a literal and metaphorical reflection of the stars.
• While staying at Playa Vik, guests can access a comprehensive wellness sanctuary just 5 minutes away at Bahía Vik and The Shack Yoga & Wellness Center. Here, visitors embark on transformative journeys, guided by wellness guru Isabella Channing. Tailored private programs are available, providing a personalized approach to well-being. Activities span from rejuvenating yoga sessions to immersive sound baths, all designed promote holistic rejuvenation amidst the serene landscapes of José Ignacio.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Nestled in the Mansa beach, Playa Vik provides an idyllic backdrop for luxury product launches, luxury product launches, elite board meetings, and intimate weddings or celebrations. The venue’s strategic location combines both centrality and a sense of seclusion. Key event spaces include the deck by the iconic infinity pool overlooking the ocean and terraces equipped with fire pits. Playa Vik event is not just a venue; it’s an exclusive experience, blending luxury with nature’s grandeur.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2023: Playa Vik was named top #4 best hotel in the 2023 Travel + Leisure World Best Awards.