Rosewood São Paulo Brazil
Rosewood São Paulo
Rua Itapeva, 435 – São Paulo, SP – Brazil (Zip Code 01332-000)
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
January 10th, 2022
Hotel General Manager
Edouard Grosmangin, originally from France, is the son of hôteliers and a graduate of École hôtelière Vatel Paris, a leading hospitality and tourism institute. He joined Rosewood São Paulo with more than 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry.
A place to welcome the local community to enjoy the restaurants, indoor and outdoor spaces, art, and the intense programming the hotel offers. The property is set to attract travelers seeking an experience filled with energy and ultra-luxury, with Rosewood’s Sense of Place philosophy embedded in every detail.
Rosewood São Paulo
History & Story
Mirroring the energy and heritage of Brazil, Rosewood São Paulo is a metropolitan oasis located at Cidade Matarazzo —a complex of elegantly preserved buildings from the early 20th century converted into a mixed-use destination in the heart of the city.
Anchoring the lifestyle hub, Rosewood São Paulo occupies one of the area’s few remaining historical landmark buildings and a striking new vertical garden tower by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Jean Nouvel and interiors by visionary designer Philippe Starck. Surrounded by tropical gardens and lush greenery, Rosewood São Paulo offers guests sophisticated and diverse dining options, live music and leisure amenities – such as two outdoor pools and Asaya, a comprehensive well-being concept, and a cutting-edge fitness area
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Rosewood São Paulo is centrally located, with easy airport access, various restaurants, and bars. The ultra-luxury hotel anchors Cidade Matarazzo, a stylish mixed-use cultural destination, occupying one of the area’s few remaining historical landmarks and a striking new vertical garden tower designed by Jean Nouvel and interiors by Philippe Starck.
Situated in the heart of São Paulo, this hotel is set within the historical landmark of Cidade Matarazzo. The historical & busy Avenida Paulista, MASP – São Paulo Museum of Art, and the fashionable Jardins district are just a short stroll from this beautifully reimagined Bela Vista heritage site
Key sites/activities in the area
• MASP – São Paulo Museum of Art
• IMS Paulista
• Itaú Cultural
• Japan House – Cultural Center
• Instituto Artium de Cultura
• Jardins District – Fashionable Neighborhood
• Municipal Market of São Paulo
• Historical and Modernist Landmarks in the city center
• Ibirapuera Park
• MAM – Museums of Modern Art
• MAC – Museum of Contemporary Art
Over 500 thousand Paulistanos were born at Maternidade Condessa Filomena Matarazzo — one of Rosewood ‘s São Paulo buildings.
The hotel’s 160 rooms & suites present a sophisticated fusion of old and new; within the vertical park tower and historic landmark building, the natural beauty of Brazilian wood and lush garden walls are artfully juxtaposed with lovingly restored architectural elements and finest furnishings. Room amenities include a Votary all-vegan line by La Bottega, an Illy Iperespresso coffee machine, a selection of Dammann Frères fine teas, and a minibar set with multiple healthy and local-produced snacks & sweets, as well as items to pour your own drinks whenever you please.
• Number of suites: 19 (Junior Suite, Matarazzo Suite, Deluxe Suite, Premier Suite, Two Garden Suite)
• Number of Luxury rooms: 141 (Classic King, Deluxe King, Premier King, Grand Premier King, Grand Premier Two Queen)
Restaurants & Bars
• Le Jardin – This charming grand café operates 24 hours a day, serving contemporary dishes, including breakfast, lunch, light snacks, dinner, desserts, and a wide array of beverages, along with specialty coffee & tea menus. Guests can choose from an inviting composition of indoor-outdoor seating options. This gathering spot features an elegant lounge, a canopied patio, and a tranquil dining garden.
• Blaise – Classics with a modern twist are the essence of this contemporary brasserie inspired by the life and creativeness of Blaise Cendrars, a pivotal figure in shaping modernist art. Blaise’s culinary mood mixes Brazilian and French cultures conveying a genuine passion for life.
• Taraz – A blend of the very best of South American cuisine. The sharing style menu has been designed by acclaimed Chef Felipe Bronze and showcases the art of wood-fired cooking. This restaurant is decorated with local art and opens to a courtyard lined with century-old olive trees.
• Rabo di Galo – An intimate bar featuring bespoke libations and classic Brazilian snacks alongside live music.
• The Emerald Garden Pool & Bar – Located on the ground floor, is a family-friendly poolside destination. Surrounded by lush tropical greenery and decorated with bright colors that accentuate the best of Brazilian culture with its light-hearted and joyful nature. As a guest-only restaurant, this Pool-Bar is perfect for enjoying sunny moments with friends and family.
• Bela Vista Rooftop Pool & Bar – is a relaxed poolside bar exclusive for adults with an infinity pool and panoramic views of the city.
Slated to open in 2023, Asaya at Rosewood São Paulo will bring the destination a unique wellness concept delivering innovative and integrative solutions for personal transformation while encouraging growth and self-discovery for a fulfilling life.
• Two Swimming-Pools
• Fitness area
Corporate & Celebration Events
Encompassing over 2,000 m², the hotel’s meeting and event venues are masterly crafted to suit an array of occasions, from intimate gatherings and private dinners to glamourous celebrations for up to 800 guests. Lush gardens with a renewed historical Brazilian-Italian architecture building contribute to the signature look of the versatile multipurpose spaces, which include a ballroom, meeting rooms, specialty venues, historical wedding chapel, event lawn and garden, and cinema.
Extra Notable Features
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Hotel listed at the Travel + Leisure 2022 – It List
• Best new openings in the global hotel circuit in the 26th edition – Hotlist by Condé Nast Traveller, 2022
Number of employees