Hotel Anantara Plaza Nice France
Hotel Anantara Plaza Nice
12 avenue de Verdun 06000 Nice France
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas part of Minor Hotels Group.
Owner : Covivio // Hotel Chain : Minor Hotels Group
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Stéphane VILAR is passionate Hotelier with a career worldwide, with a background in Food and Beverages.
After more than 10 years within the brand Hilton, he joined the Minor Hotels Group in 2016 in Seychelles. He then came in Europe to manage hotels in London before accepting the challenge of the opening of the first Anantara in France in Nice.
5 Stars Luxury part of LHW.
After 21 years of existence, a development mainly in South East Asia and Middle East – the group Minor decided to expand the brand Anantara in Europe (Rome, Budapest, Amsterdam….) and now the first hotel in France in Nice !
Hotel Anantara Plaza Nice
History & Story
Hotel built in 1840 and opened in 1851, from the architect Scoffier and then totally remodeled in 1920 by Charles Dalmas who gave the cachet “Belle Epoque” to the building.
The building has always been an hotel, it will open for the first time as a luxury property.
Grand reopening after 3 years of renovation and rebranded as an Anantara.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Anantara Hotels, Resorts and Spa : Brand awareness worldwide with more than 50 hotels in 20 countries
• Location : 15 minutes driving from Nice Cote d’Azur International Airport, heart of the city center, facing the sea and the gardens Albert 1er, above the luxury shops
• Total refurbishments in 2022
• Historical building with more than 180 days
Our landmark hotel is located in Nice’s Carré d’Or overlooking the Jardin Albert 1er and the brilliant blue Baie des Anges just beyond. Surrounded by the city’s most exclusive boutiques, including Cartier, Tiffany and Hermes, our central location means the Place Massena and Promenade des Anglais are both just a few minutes’ walk away.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Beach on La Promenade des Anglais
• Luxury Shopping on Avenue de Verdun
• Discovery of the historical town of Nice, a few steps from the hotel
• Variety of well known museums: Matisse, Chagall, Museum of Modern & Contemporary Art…
• Charles Dalmas, the Architect responsible of the Belle Epoque style of the Facade has also created Le Carlton, Le Miramar and Le Boscolo Exedra which are famous properties on the French Riviera
• La Promenade des Anglais’name came from 1760, when British travelers used to come to Nice during winter season to enjoy the warm weather.
• No kids club in the Hotel
• Kinds club only on Sundays during the brunch
• Number of suites: 38 Junior Suites and Suites
• Number of Luxury rooms: 64 rooms (from Deluxe garden & sea view to Premium sea & garden view)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 151 rooms in total
Restaurants & Bars
• Rooftop restaurant open for Lunch – Chef: Denis GAMARD
• Seen by Olivier on the Rooftop open for Dinner – Chef: Olivier DA COSTA
• Les Colonnades open all day long – Chef: Denis GAMARD
• Room service 24/7 – Chef: Denis GAMARD
• Hammam and Sauna
• 5 treatments rooms
• Fitness class, Yoga class, Personal trainer
• Fitness open 24/7
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 4 meeting spaces from 39 to 46 m² for 15 persons in U-Shape style
• 1 meeting space of 81 m² for 25 persons in U-Shape style
• 1 ballroom of 310 m² for 300 persons in Theater style => Can be divided in 2 separated areas
• 1 event space on the rooftop for 100 persons in Cocktail style
Extra Notable Features
• Dine by Design (choose the location within the hotel where you would like to have your private dinner)
• SpiceSpoon (go to the market with the Chef and have your private cooking class)
• Partnership with a private beach in front of the Hotel (Hotel’s staff onsite)
• Yoga classes
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Not Applicable – New opening 2022
Number of employees
Between 110 and 150 Employees according to the season.