Abi d’Oru Beah Hotel & Spa Italy
Abi d’Oru Beah Hotel & Spa
Golfo di Marinella – Porto Rotondo, Sardinia
Abi d’Oru Beah Hotel & Spa
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Luca Rombi
5-star beach hotel
• Shareholders: privately owned by an Italian businessman
• Date of creation: 1963
• CEO: Mrs. Diana Zuncheddu is the CEO of two hotels located in Sardinia for the last 4 years, subsequent several years of strategic roles in the main family ‘holding corporation’ and a recent MBA degree at the Bocconi University in Milan. She is young, dynamic with problem-solving skills and an outgoing personality. She is mother of 3 children and her favourite motto is “work is easier than being a mom!”
• Hotel Director: Mr. Luca Rombi: Hotels & Resorts General Management experience to lead and run the entire operations in compliance with the Company/Owner mission focusing on financial performance final results in terms of ROI, without losing control on the provided service (GSI ) applying update Human Resources strategies to succeed in the new global Hospitality market.
• Specialties: General Management with rooms experience in Boutique and large scale 5 ***** and Luxury Properties.
Pre opening and start up Resorts and Hotels experience within different markets from Leisure to Urban Resorts & seaside Resort Managemen
• Hotel owner/group development strategy: The main holding “Immobiliare Europea spa” is a constraction company with the core business in Italy, willing to expand and acquire other properties to convert in luxury hotels.
• Brand or network affiliation (R&C, LHW, SLH, etc): Conde Nast Johansen, XO Private, The Little Guest Collection. Altour and SELECT Travel Leaders
• Positioning 5-star
Abi d’Oru Beah Hotel & Spa
History & Story
The Hotel Abi d’Oru, standing for “golden bee” in Sardinian, has been creating 5-star relaxation and happy memories since 1963. Luxury service that is permeated with that special Sardinian brand of warm hospitality. This is one of the first hotel built in Costa Smeralda, rich of traditions and heritage.
Date of renovation/restoration: 2018, 2019, 2020
• New Lobby Furniture, flooring, lighting
• New SPA (5 cabins, Turkish Bath, Sauna, Jaacuzzi and relaxation area)
• New f&b offer with a total of 4 restaurants (3 of which are a-la-carte and 1 buffet)
• Refurbished Beach Restaurant “Marinella” and Beach Lounge Bar
• New Kids Restaurant
• Refurbished 2 Tennis Courts
• New dedicated swimming pool for children and playground in the “Bee Happy“ Kids Club
• New Gym
• 60 refurbished rooms
• 15 refurbished Junior Suite
• 8 refurbished Deluxe Suite
• 2 Signature Suites (each one composed by two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms)
• Enhanced Guest Relation desk + Concierge (3 person on shift)
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Main strengths, special touch and services:
• The unique position, right on a white sandy beach, and its strategic location only 20 minutes from the airport and just 4km from Porto Rotondo (we have a free shuttle service to Porto Rotondo downtown)
• The Bee Happy Kids Club, a space where our little guests can have fun. A world specially tailored to kids, where they can make friends, play and get creative under the supervision of trusted professionals.
• The private gardens at Hotel Abi d’Oru border the beach and include a natural pond, two large heated pools and a relaxation area with Jacuzzi and a modern spa opening onto the grounds
• The beach restaurant ‘pieds dans l’eau ‘ is another great experience, with fresh sea food (catch of the day) and the brand new Lounge Sushi Bar Marinella
• The heritage/architecture of an early 60’s hotel. One of the first in the area
• – Children friendly (children special if any – age restriction or adults only property)? Family Friendly Hotel. Water games, group games, recreational and sporting activities keep children entertained from morning to evening making their holiday unforgettable. Nursery, dedicated Kids pool and playground are inside the Kids Club
Porto Rotondo – Costa Smeralda (Porto Cervo, Olbia San Pantaleo)
Porto Rotondo is located between the Gulf of Cugnana and the Gulf of Marinella, 13 kilometers north of Olbia. Together with Porto Cervo, it is one of the most popular tourist destination in Costa Smeralda.
Some of its beaches make up the crown to the Emerald Coast, and its marina offers a safe haven to over 600 boats of all sizes. The area surrounding Porto Rotondo is divided into three parts: Punta Nuraghe, Punta Volpe, and Punta Lada. At the heart of this charming village is the Piazzetta San Marco, a peaceful square where locals gather for conversation and tourists lounge in quaint cafe’s enjoying their morning coffee. Ideal for a either short getaway or an extended stay, Porto Rotondo is a small port with a big reputation and some of the most stunning scenery anywhere along the coastline.
Porto Rotondo allows for a wonderful insight into the workings of a small town coastal village and retains an overall immersive local experience for the visitor, while still offering all the comforts of the modern world. Named after the circular nature of the bay on which it was built, Porto Rotondo has a very unique appearance in that the port itself is almost entirely enclosed, while on the outer side of this sheltered bay, you can find the most idyllic beaches and a number of exclusive resorts in between. The village is picturesque in every sense and most notable is the collage of colors of the surrounding area, from the reflection of the sun on the many expensive yachts docked in the harbor, the stunning white sandy beaches, the turquoise blue of the Mediterranean, to the green and luscious sporadic spaces. Although the nearby beaches are often referred to as paradise in appearance, the rolling landscapes and hills that stretch outward from the town are as idyllic as they come and leave little wonder as to why so many tourists return to vacation in Porto Rotondo on a yearly basis. Developed in the late 1960s by a wealthy Italian aristocrat (Donà delle Rose), this tiny port is now considered a luxury resort which is easily evidenced in the number of expensive yachts in the harbor, not to mention the increase in exclusive hotels or villas that crop up in the surrounding area every year
Key sites/activities in the area
Porto Rotondo, Olbia, Porto Cervo, Golfo Aranci, San Pantaleo, La Maddalena archipelago.
Children have a playground and a Water Park with their own dedicated swimming pool, where they are always supervised by the Bee Happy Kids Club team. The beach is also their playground, where everyone can have fun together while older guests relax in peace. It’s an area dedicated to ensuring our littlest guests have a great time. A world specially tailored to kids, where they can make new friends, play and get creative under the supervision of trusted professionals. Water games, group games, recreational and sporting activities keep children entertained from morning to evening, making their holiday unforgettable.
Number of suites: 13 Suites
Premium Suite and Deluxe Suites: 8 units
Have all been renovated boast magnificent sea views. They feature a spacious bedroom and a separate sitting area with 2 sofa beds (dormeuse). They measure between 50 and 55 sqm and can accommodate 2 to 4 people and are finely furnished in Sardinian style, with warm and rich colours. Some have 2 bathrooms. The Suites have spacious balconies with stunning views of the sea or large patios with access to the pool and garden area. They come equipped with air condition, wi-fi, satellite TV, minibar, espresso machine, safe and bathrobes.
Signature Suites: 2 units
The Suite (100sq) is Abi d’Oru’s newest addition for a luxurious holiday.
The Suite is composed of a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and shower, with a second guest room with a bathroom with bathtub. In between the 2 bedrooms there is a spacious living room with direct access to the terrace with glorious views of the sea. The leitmotiv is gold, in its Sardinian version, from bathroom fittings to decorations. The materials used and carefully selected to decorate the suites are solid wood flooring and furnishing in the bedrooms and living rooms. Gilded Sardinian marble has been used for the bathrooms. Tv- Sat Smart OLED LG, Wi-Fi, Mini-Bar, A/C, Safe, espresso machine, very exclusive bed linen, slippers and bathrobes, Courtesy set from Bottega Veneta. Breakfast is served in the VIP lounge of the restaurant, with a special menu. VIP beach service for Signature Suites includes: first-row sun beds and umbrellas or Gazebo, mineral water and fresh fruit served during the day, dedicated waiter service.
Junior Suite (sea view): 15 units
The spacious Junior Suites (40-45 sqm) feature a bedroom with sitting area and a balcony which offers stunning views over the crystalline waters of Marinella’s Bay. Some ground floor junior suite have a patio with direct access to the Mediterranean garden towards the beach. They come equipped with with a/c, wi-fi, satellite tv, minibar, espresso machine, safe and bathrobes.
Deluxe Room (sea view): 6 units
Contemporary elegance and Sardinian tradition melt into a unique style mix in the elegantly refurbished Deluxe Rooms. They all feature balconies with stunning views over the Gulf of Marinella with its white sandy beach. Deluxe rooms come equipped with a/c , wi-fi, satellite TV, minibar, safe and bathrobes. Measures may vary between 20 and 25 sqm.
Garden Deluxe Room (sea side): 15 units
These rooms are ground floor with direct access to the garden leading towards the beach. Garden Deluxe come equipped with a/c, wi-fi, satellite TV, minibar, espresso machine, safe and bathrobes. Measures may vary between 34 and 38 sqm and have outdoor private garden.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 130
Restaurants & Bars
We renewed our dining experience with 4 distinctive offers:
• Restaurant ‘Mediterraneo’: a family-oriented restaurant a-la-carte with a small buffet only for the kids. Seafood and meat dishes with Sardinian and Italian aromas and flavors, the best Mediterranean cuisine prepared with local ingredients.
• Gourmet Restaurant ‘VEG’: (Vegan- Organic), Adults -only, where guests can experience a refined à-la-carte menu in a more discreet and elegant ambience. Table served restaurant overlooking the Marinella’ Bay.
• Sardinian Restaurant ‘Tzia Maria’: for a culinary journey through the island’s gastronomic specialties, with local hand-picked ingredients from our chef and Pizzeria.
• Beach Restaurant ‘Marinella’: located on the beach, serves light and quick summer lunches, great for those who want to spend the entire day by the sea. In the evening it becomes one of the Costa Smeralda’s rare pieds dans l’eau restaurants, offering an à la carte menu centered on fish and shellfish, accompanied by selected wines from top Sardinian, Italian and French producers.
• Lobby Bar: The lobby bar is the ideal place to get acquainted with the property and the island. Cocktails, drinks, coffee, savoury snacks and even desserts and ice cream are served on the large terrace. At night the bar comes alive from aperitif time until after dinner with live music.
• Lounge Beach Bar Marinella: Lounge Bar Marinella pampers our guests in a very dynamic and informal atmosphere. Enjoy Oysters, Shushi, Champagne and drinks throughout the day without ever leaving the beach. Service continues until sunset, when cocktail hour on the beach begins.
Pool Bar: At the bar next to the pool we prepare fresh smoothies,a large selection of aperitifs, snacks fruit selections and local homemade ice cream: the great taste of summer
• Wellness (spa, swimming pool(s), fitness, etc):
Abi Spa with :
• Finnish sauna
• Turkish bath
• Sensorial showers
• Ice waterfall
• Himalayan pink salt wall
• Relaxation room
• Tea room
In four treatment cabins named after traditional Sardinian plants we offer cutting-edge cosmetic treatments including the “Essence of Sardinia” ritual; a body treatment inspired by the scents of the island, with essential oils of basil, orange, bergamot and anise. Or the “Sleep Ritual”, which operates on different sensory levels (touch, taste, sound and smell) to help you rediscover
the pleasure of rest and deep relaxation.
Private SPA Elicriso: This exclusive space offers private access, a sauna and Turkish bath, couple’s treatment cabin, relaxation
room and an outdoor area with a jacuzzi in a secluded part of the grounds. Recommended for couples, the private spa can be reserved for exclusive use to ensure the utmost privacy. A caviar and champagne aperitif at the end of your treatment is the perfect way to round off this fantastic experience.
Bee Fit Gym: Looking onto the gardens, the gym offers modern Technogym machines. Use of the gym equipment is free and our personal trainers are on hand throughout the day to assist and advise you on specific activities.
Tennis and Football: Two tennis courts, one with floodlights, are available free of charge. To reserve a court, for courses or private lessons please contact the Concierge.
Corporate & Celebration Events
No meeting facilities in the hotel.
Number of employees