Argolida 213 00
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Paul Linder
5-star Luxury resort
History & Story
Comprising a resort with 38 guest pavilions, four villas and an Aman Spa, Amanzoe is situated on a hilltop on the east coast of Greece’s Peloponnese Peninsula. Combining the Sanskrit-derived word for ‘peace’ with zoe, the Greek word for ‘life’, Amanzoe offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and the Aegean Sea, as well as a private Beach Club in a picturesque bay. The resort is just a 10-minute drive from the tavernas and vibrant nightlife of Porto Heli, and offers easy access to the wealth of ancient archaeological sites in the area, as well as the islands of Spetses and Hydra.
Date added extensions
2014: Four private Beach Club Cabanas are positioned close to the Beach Club, providing all the comforts of a Guest Pavilion directly on the shoreline.
Amanzoe is situated on the top of a hill surrounded by the valleys of Kranidi, commanding 360 degree views of the area, while a private Aman Beach Club is only a short 10-minute drive away. It is set in a picturesque bay, with sun loungers, two lap pools, two children’s pools and a large dining area.
Key sites/activities in the area
Amanzoe is a superb base from which to discover this region, whether guest interests lie in photographing ancient ruins, visiting vineyards, exploring the many islands offshore including Spetses and Hydra, mountain biking or getting an aerial perspective with a helicopter tour.
The ‘Zoe Games room’ features a range of games, along with a screening room, for the entertainment of children over 10 years old and adults. Two toddlers’ pools are available both at the resort and the beach club, alongside a children’s pool. Baby cots, baby chairs, children’s meals and other equipment and services are offered.
• 17 Pool Pavilions (100 sqm): Views over the sea or olive groves and features a large private terrace with a six-metre pool
• 7 Pool Pavilions Premium View (100 sqm): Same layout as the Pool Pavilions with a superlative outlook
• 10 Deluxe Pool Pavilions (100 sqm): Views of the sea or olives grove, features an expansive private terrace with a 12-metre pool
• 4 Deluxe Pool Pavilions Premium View (100 sqm): Same layout as the Deluxe Pool Pavilions with a superlative outlook
• 4 Beach Cabanas (65 sqm): Offers direct beach access and a private garden with a 9.5-metre pool.
• 11 Villas from 190 sqm to 900 sqm (indoors): One 1 Bedroom Villa, One 2 Bedroom Villa (new 2021), Four 4 Bedroom Villa, Two 5 bedroom villas, Two 6 Bed villas, One nine-bed villa : Offer views of the sea or countryside, a private 20-metre pool and a poolside pavilion with media and spa rooms.
• Nine Bedroom Villa (2600 sqm): Spread over six levels with incredible views, it features a spa with sauna, steam bath, gym, yoga platform and treatment rooms, three master bedrooms with private pool and two infinity pools of 30 and 40 metres.
Restaurants & Bars
Adjacent to the main restaurant terrace, guests can find the more relaxed Lounge bar, the ideal venue for a quiet aperitif – either indoors or outdoors by the fire pit, where the afternoon sunset light creates a mythical atmosphere
• Main Restaurant
Fronted by an expansive outdoor terrace designed for alfresco dining, the Restaurant is an airy yet cosy venue defined by floor-to-ceiling window-doors on three sides. These maximise sea views and can be opened or closed depending on the weather.
• Beach Club
Amanzoe guests can enjoy the exclusive use of the Beach Club. Situated in a beautiful bay with sparkling turquoise waters, the Beach Club is only an eight-minute drive from the resort. The Beach Club provides refreshments and a dining area, as well as two lap pools, a toddler’s pool, children’s pool and non-motorized water sports equipment. The Beach Club is operational weather permitting, 1st of May to October 31st.
• Pool restaurant
Situated next to the main pool, the Pool Restaurant offers all-day dining and Asian cuisine for dinner
• The Amphitheatre
Available for romantic private dining
• The Aman Spa features five double treatments rooms with a steam room, Thai massage room, hair salon and finishing salon. In addition, the resort features a Watsu pavilion, providing a water based treatment that incorporates yoga like stretches.
• The extensive spa menu combines ancient Greek beauty rituals with Asian techniques, and features the Aman skincare product range
• The spacious, light-filled fitness centre is equipped with the latest in cardiovascular and weight training machinery, while the yoga studio has views of the surrounding valleys and olive trees.
• The Pilates studio is fully equipped with allegro reformers and other Pilates-specific equipment.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Amanzoe’s self-contained setting and superb facilities also make it an ideal location for hosting private and intimate events. The property offers a variety of magnificent venues that would lend themselves to intimate private affairs or larger party events.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Departures, Most Zen Spa
• American Express Travel, Most Zen Spa
• Professional Spa & Wellness Awards 2016, Best Spa of the year in Eastern Europe