Anantara Convento di Amalfi Grand Hotel Italy
Anantara Convento di Amalfi Grand Hotel
Via Annunziatella, 46 – 84011 Amalfi, Italy
Date of Creation
Anantara Convento di Amalfi Grand Hotel is set in a 13th-century monastery, converted into a hotel in 1885.
Hotel General Manager
Giacomo Sarnataro has more than 20 years of experience in luxury hotels. He started with managerial roles in the F&B sector, with several experiences in luxury and haute cuisine restaurants, both in Europe and in Italy.
He has been GM at the NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi, completely refurbished and reopened in April 2023 as Anantara Convento di Amalfi Grand Hotel, since 2017.
Anantara Convento di Amalfi Grand Hotel
History & Story
Originally a 13th-century monastery, this five-star luxury unique hotel has been famous for centuries offering its Guests his rich history. Part of the one-of-a kind building dates back to 1212, although it wasn’t until 1583 that the government gave it to the Capuchin Monks that resided there for nearly two centuries until 1826. It was then that the monastery first became a hotel. Indeed, during the 19th century it was an essential stop for wealthy travelers doing their Grand Tour of Europe. The Hotel remained a stopping point for legendries the next century – from Victor Hugo to Joan Crawford, Elizabeth Taylor to Greta Garbo.
The Norman-Arab Cloister and the breathtaking “Monk’s Walk” are perfectly combined with refined soft tones furnishings and minimal design elements.
Completely refurbished and opened in April 2023
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Anantara Convento Di Amalfi Grand Hotel is one of the most significant monuments of the entire Amalfi Coast. Set in a 13th-century Capuchin convent built into the cliffside and overlooking the harbour.
Anantara Convento Di Amalfi Grand Hotel has been and still is one of the most significant monuments of the entire Amalfi Coast. Perched on a clifftop 80 mt. above sea level, it enjoys a spectacular view of Amalfi and the Mediterranean Coast but only a few steps away from the historic city center and the harbour.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Private Romantic Sunset Cruise along the Amalfi Coast
• Full or Half-Day Boat Trip to Capri and Positano
• Explore Pompei and Herculaneum, Discover Paestum
Number of suites: 20
• 6 Junior Suite, Queen bed, 23m2, 2 Adults
• 5 Junior Suite Sea View Terrace And Jacuzzi, King bed, 30m2, 3 Adults or 2 Adults + 1 child
• 2 One Bedroom Sea View Suite, King bed, 32m2, 3 Adults or 2 Adults + 1 child
• 1 Suite Del Priore, King bed, 40m2, 3 Adults or 2 Adults + 1 child
• 1 Suite dell’Eremita, King bed, 40m2, 2 Adults
• 5 Anantara Suite, King bed, 38m2, 2 Adults
Number of Luxury rooms: 32
• 12 Deluxe Sea View Room, Queen bed, 20m2, 2 Adults
• 15 Premium View Room, King or Queen bed, 22m2, 2 Adults
• 1 Family Adjoining Room, Twin bed, 40m2, 3 Adults or 2 Adults + 2 Children
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 52
Restaurants & Bars
Dei Cappuccini Restaurant ; Cuisine: Italian Fine Dining
La Locanda Della Canonica ; Restaurant, Cuisine: Italian
La Locanda Della Canonica Pizzeria – by Gino Sorbillo ; Cuisine: Neapolitan
Dei Cappuccini Bar ; Cuisine: Light bites
La Locanda Della Canonica Pool Bar ; Cuisine: Italian
Dei Cappuccini Bar
For an aperitif with a sea view or an after-dinner cocktail in the moonlight, choose the Dei Cappuccini Bar. Located next to the reception, this bar also boasts a wonderful open-air terrace where snacks, drinks, and cocktails can be ordered all day long.
Our outdoor Infinity pool gets uninterrupted views of the Amalfi Coast and out to sea.
Exclusive to hotel guests, it’s edged by a stylish stone terrace and plenty of free sun loungers
Step into a sanctuary of serenity, where a sense of monastic spirituality meets world-class wellness journeys. The award-winning Anantara Spa occupies a tranquil travertine-clad space where healing therapies, beautytreatments and signature experiences soothe and sea views invigorate.
Spa Facilities: 3 Treatment rooms and a Sea-facing relaxation area
Corporate & Celebration Events
UNFORGETTABLE CLIFFSIDE WEDDINGS
In a peerless historic location overlooking the Mediterranean, eternal promises are made more magical. Create your dream day, complete with elegant decor, exquisite food and every detail perfect, and celebrate love in your choice of stunning settings.
• The Chapel of San Francesco: a magnificent chapel, which dates back to the 12th century with terracotta floors, a marble altar and space for 60 Guests.
• The Cloister: the 13th-century cloisters create a unique space, light and setting for your special day.
• Belvedere Terrace: the sea-view patio provides the perfect stage to celebrate love under the stars.
Extra Notable Features
• Walking tour: Lemon Tour and Walk to la Valle dei Mulini
• Hiking tour: the Path of the Gods between Praiano and Positano or the Path of Lemons from Minori to Maiori
• Helicopter Tour
• Tours along the coastal road by Tuk Tuk
• Wine Tasting and Private Cooking Class
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas Celebrate Success At 2021 World Spa Awards
Number of employees