Bagni di Pisa Palace & Thermal Spa Tuscany, Italy
Bagni di Pisa Palace & Thermal Spa
Largo Shelley, 18 – 56017 – San Giuliano Terme, Pisa, Tuscany
Italian Hospitality Collection
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Thomas Parenti, General Manager, carries a longterm expertise in administration and finance and a deep knowledge of the thermal therapeutic spa sector.
5 stars luxury hotel and hot spring spa ; a member of The leading Hotels of the World and Leading Spas
We are devoted to curating moments of distinction, deeply rooted in local culture and heritage, that create memorable experiences with emotional impact.
BAGNI DI PISA PALACE & THERMAL SPA
History & Story
Renowned for its popularity with the European royals – and once the summer spa residence of the Grand Duke of Tuscany himself – Bagni di Pisa invites you to reconnect to age old glory and classic charm. The 18th century frescoes, shimmering white marble flooring, and picture-perfect surroundings make this property one of our most sought-after and cherished destinations.
Explore the stylish interiors that brilliantly reflect the culture and heritage, as you begin your journey of wellness. From crushed stone and Tuscan terracotta to splendid in-room panoramic views of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, every corner of Bagni di Pisa offers guests a chance to get back in touch with history and leave the world behind.
Perhaps the most distinguishing element of the property is the thermal spa, which features unique facilities such as the grand Thermal Bioaquam Pool, a range of indulgent beauty and body treatments, swimming pools, and relaxation rooms. The Granduke’s Thermal Grotto, a natural thermal grotto that is set at a temperature of 38°C, is the ideal way to equilibrate both mind and body.
Bagni di Pisa offers the perfect environment to reconnect to the more important things in life, and reinvigorate health and lifestyle.
2016 – New thermal pools (Bioaquam Circuit, Thalaquam Pool and MInerva whirlpool)
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• 18th-century grand duke’s palace with frescoed ceilings
• Hot spring spa specialised in weight loss & lifestyle coaching
• Ideal location to explore authentic tuscany
• Wine & food experiences
• Great events like andrea bocelli concert, puccini opera festival, endurance
• Lifestyle,lucca summer festival
• Revolutionary diet programmes
Ideally located on the hills of Pisa, in San Giuliano Terme, just few kilometres from the most important cities of arts as well as nearby undiscovered corners of Tuscan countryside.
Key sites/activities in the area
From the architectural and artistic heritage of Renaissance cities such as Florence, Lucca and Pisa, to the stunning landscapes of nature such as the beautiful coastline with its sandy beaches with rocky cliffs and the picturesque backdrop of the Apuan Alps and the Pisan Mountains.
Tuscany is full of adventure and discovery, with its medieval villages, historic cities, castles, forts, rural churches, abbeys and legendary works of art.
The food and wine tours will guide you through the delicacies of regional cuisine, and give you a taste of the finest selections from local wineries, such as Chianti and Vino Nobile of Montepulciano, Brunello of Montalcino, Vernaccia of San Gimignano and Vin Santo.
• They say Mary Shelley started writing her famous novel Frankenstein here.
• As a favourite of the Etruscans and the Romans, as well as the Medici family, the hot springs of Pisa rose to fame in 1743 when the Grand Duke of Tuscany, Francis Stephen of Lorraine, decided to build his summer spa residence here.
• Pets are welcome.
• The resort welcomes families. Kids have wide open spaces to play as well as a lot of great excursions to make in the nearby area (the Viareggio carnival citadel, Pinocchio park in Collodi).
• No children’s corner is available. Baby sitting service available upon request and extra charge.
• Number of rooms in all: 61
• Grand Duke’s Suite – once the private apartment of Grand Duke of Tuscany, the suite is an exclusive option with wonderful four poster beds, 7 metre high vaulted ceilings decorated with splendid original 18th century pastel coloured frescoes, sophisticated marble bathrooms. A double sofa bed allows this suite to be used turned into a triple of quadruple room. The room is also connected to a Deluxe room. Room rate include access to the spa facilities.
• Suites – once the private apartments of the Grand Duke’s family members, these suites are exclusive option with wonderful four poster beds, 7 metre high vaulted ceilings decorated with splendid original 18th century pastel coloured frescoes, sophisticated marble bathrooms. A double sofa bed allows this suite to be used turned into a triple of quadruple room. Room rate include access to the spa facilities.
• Junior Suite Exclusive – once the private apartments of the Grand Duke’s family members, they are attractive, spacious, and filled with natural light. They have a large single space with four-poster beds, high ceilings and original 18th century pastel coloured frescoed vaults and Carrara marble bathrooms. Room rate include access to the spa facilities.
• Junior Suite Prestige – once the private apartments of the Grand Duke’s family members, our two level Junior Suites have a wonderful loft bedroom with original 18th century ceilings, frescoed in warm and delicate pastel colours. They also feature stylish marble bathrooms and comfortable double sofa beds on the ground floor, which can turn them into triple or quadruple rooms. It can be interconnected with Junior Suite Exclusive for more space. Room rate include access to the spa facilities.
• Deluxe Rooms – they feature elegant and spacious living areas that are furnished in warm and soothing colours. The stylish marble bathrooms add a touch of luxury, while the sitting area offers the perfect space to sit back and relax. Room rate include access to the spa facilities.
• The Superior Rooms – are stylish and spacious. Each is furnished with relaxing pastel colours, and feature Carrara marble bathrooms. Room rate include access to the spa facilities.
Restaurants & Bars
The dei Lorena Restaurant offers a range of light and healthy dining options that have been prepared with the utmost attention to detail, following the refined philosophy of Chef Umberto Toscano. Select your favourite items from the Grande Carte menu, the Tuscan menu, the Vegetarian Menu and the Low Calorie Menu.
We serve a delightful selection of traditional Tuscan fares, including the Mucco Pisano (beef from Pisa), the Truffle of San Miniato, and our famous Bluefish. With these mouth-watering flavours, rich ingredients, outstanding interiors and stunning views of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, we’ll make sure your visit to the Dei Lorena Restaurant will remain as a fond memory for years to come.
At the resort we recommend a half board accommodation, even if bed & breakfast or full board are also possible, as well as a personalized dietary menu.
The thermal waters of the Bagni di Pisa springs, known and used by people as long ago as the Etruscans and Romans, are rich in sulphur, calcium and magnesium, and flows from the ground at a temperature of 37°C.
Our spa experience is completed by beauty treatments, thermal cosmetology, and beauty medicine, oriental disciplines, fitness, and masso-physiotherapy.
• 4 thermal pools
• 1 sea salt pool
• 1 whirlpool with fresh water
• Mud packs
• Treatments for face and body
• Revolutionary diet and detox medical programmes
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Meeting facilities (3 meeting rooms)
• Wedding civil rituals allowed
• Indoor and outdoor amazing locations for wedding parties
Extra Notable Features
• Wine and local produce tasting
• Cookery classes
• Vespa or vintage cars excursions
• GREAT EVENTS LIKE ANDREA BOCELLI CONCERT, PUCCINI OPERA FESTIVAL, ENDURANCE LIFESTYLE, SUMMER FESTIVAL
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• 2016 World’s Best Mineral & Hot Springs Spa 2016 in the World Spa Awards
• 2015 World’s Best Countryside Spa Hotel in the World Spa Awards
Number of employees