Bahía del Duque Hotel Spain
Bahía del Duque Hotel
Avda. de Bruselas s/n, Adeje, 38660, Tenerife
The Tais Hotels & Villas
Privately owned by Grupo CIO
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager:
Cristina de Juan holds an Executive Certificate from the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne and attended the General Managers Programme at Cornell University. She has solid international experience. She joined Bahía del Duque in 2003, was appointed Director of the Management Committee of the hotel in 2011 and General Manager in 2022.
5-star Luxury; LHW
Bahía del Duque Hotel
History & Story
Hotel Bahía del Duque opened on the 20th of November, 1993. Located in Costa Adeje, in the south of the island of Tenerife (Canary Islands), its opening meant a real revolution in the tourist sector in the Islands. Bahía del Duque was the first luxury hotel in Tenerife and a model of success that has marked the subsequent tourist development of the Archipielago. Over 25 years later the Hotel is still a reference of luxury, exclusiveness and impeccable service. Bahía del Duque, designed by Andrés Piñeiro, recreates a small traditional village from the 19th century, with low-rise independent houses, breaking away from the concept of tall and voluminous tourist buildings. Bahía del Duque is a hotel of The Tais Hotels & Villas, owned by Grupo CIO, a Canarian family run company that has over 120 years of experience in the Canarian market.
The Hotel is working permanently to keep being one of the most emblematic and iconic Hotel on the island. Bahia del Duque has been really a pioneer in many different aspects as the first Hotel with private villas with plunge pool.
The hotel is under constant renovation. The last update was in 2022, when some rooms and one of the event lounges were renovated. All these works are carried out in-house by our Image Team.
Date Added Extansions
In 2008 Las Villas were built and in 2009 Bahía Wellness Retreat was opened.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Bahía del Duque goes beyond luxury and exclusivity, where personalised service is the top priority. A warm smile, an eye for small details and Canarian warmth and friendliness are Bahía del Duque hallmarks. A combination between heartfelt hospitality and distinguished expertise in luxury guarantee unforgettable experiences. Bahía del Duque symbolizes the pinnacle of refined travel. From thoughtful touches to truly sensational experiences, which inspired to spark people’s imaginations and create magic moments.
Bahía del Duque is located on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, in Costa Adeje (Tenerife), one of the warmest and most prestigious areas of the Canary Islands (Spain, Europe).
Tenerife is full of extraordinary Landscapes: Teide National Park, declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, laurisilva forests, majestic cliffs and exotic beaches. In addition, the hotel has direct access to El Duque Sur beach and is closed to El Duque Norte beach. Nearby there is a luxury shopping centre and a wide range of leisure options.
Bahía del Duque has also become an ecological benchmark, with over 63,000 square metres of tropical and sub-tropical vegetation and which has propitiated the development of its own Spring like bio-climate.
Number of suites:
• 52 Suites
• Number of Luxury rooms:
• 3 Presidential Rooms + 1 3Bedroom Suite-Imelda&/ 40 Villas with private plunge pool
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
Bahía del Duque has a mini-club for children from three years old and a teen club, dedicated to teenagers.
Restaurants & Bars
Bahía del Duque has 9 restaurants and 13 lounges.
• Nub, holder of a Michelin Star. Chefs: Andrea Bernardi and Fernanda Fuentes-Cárdenas, fusion cuisine.
• Kensei, japanese cuisine. Chef: Víctor Planas.
• La Brasserie by Pierre Résimont, French cuisine.
• El Bernegal, buffet breakfasts.
• Beach Club, Mediterranean cuisine.
• Alisios Market Food, seasonal products and market cuisine.
• La Trattoria, Italian cuisine.
• SUA, Basque cuisine.
• La Hacienda, international cuisine.
*All culinary spots are half-board plan
• Thalassotherapy circuit with an outdoor Vitality Pool with sea water, air beds, cervical jets, a gooseneck and an ice-cold well, hammam, sauna, bucket and experience showers.
• 20 treatment cabins, 5 outdoor treatment cabins, 4 Thai Room Spa cabins, 3 Thalassotherapy treatment cabins, Private Spa suite for couples and individual Private Spa suite.
• Physiotherapy Area.
• Fitness Centre Kinesis, Pilates and Yoga Room.
• Beauty Studio: hairdressing, cosmetics, make-up, manicure and pedicure.
• Lunch service with healthy snacks and drinks.
Corporate & Celebrations events
Bahía del Duque offers the following facilities for your events:
• 3,000m2 of meeting space.
• 26 meeting rooms, with a maximum capacity of 600 people in theatre configuration.
• 2 direct entrances for vehicles or machinery.
• 9 restaurants.
• Outdoor venues surrounded by tropical gardens.
• High-end banqueting service.
Extra Notables Features
• Sports: 2 tennis courts (tennis lessons available); 1 paddle tennis court; 1 squash court; pitch & putt; 5 golf courses within 3 km – 17 km from the Hotel; 2 gyms; nearby locations to practice water sports.
• Leisure: botanical walk, astronomical observatory, Tobacco Museum.
• 5 pools: 2 salt water (1 heated), 2 fresh water (1 heated) and 1 children’s pool.
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• Best Destination Spa, Condé Nast Johansens Awards for Excellence 2023, November 2022
• Best Wellness Experience 2022, Beyond Luxury Awards, November 2022
• Condé Nast Traveler’s 2022 Readers’ Choice Award winners – Best Resorts in the World category, October 2022
• Spain’s Best Hotel Spa 2022, World Spa Awards, October 2022
• “Top Hotel Partner” 2021 – Schauinsland – Reisen, July 2022
• Holidays Customer Excellence Award 2021 – British Airways, May 2022
• Spain Luxury Hotel Awards 2021, Best Luxury Wellness Hotel, December 2021
• Best Service, Condé Nast Johansens Awards for Excellence 2022, November 2021
• Best Luxury Hotel Resort – Resort and Retreat Awards 2021, LUX Life Magazine, June 2021
• Holidays Customer Excellence Award 2020 – British Airways, May 2021
• Europe´s Leading Luxury Hotel & Villas 2020 – World Travel Awards, November 2020.
• Luxury Lifestyle Awards in the category of TOP 18 The Best Luxury Hotels in Canary Islands, Spain, November 2020.
• The British Airways Customer Excellence Award 2019, October 2020
• Best Service, Condé Nast Johansens Awards for Excellence 2020, November 2019
• “Top Hotel Partner” – Schauinsland – Reisen, July 2019
• One of the Top 3 Hotels on Tenerife/La Gomera, Thomas Cook Northern Europe, April 2019
• TUI Holly 2019, March 2019
• TUI Umwelt Champion 2019, March 2019
Number of Employees
Over 600 employees.