Beau-Rivage Genève Switzerland
13, Quai du Mont-Blanc 1201
Owned by Casacuberta’s Family
Date of Creation
April 13th 1865
Hotel General Manager
With over 28 years of industry experience gained at luxury hotels in Switzerland and around the world, Robert P. Herr brings his in-depth knowledge of operations and F&B. He has held management positions in Paris, Vienna, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Prague, Berlin and Beirut. Herr joins Beau-Rivage from the Bürgenstock Hotels & Resort Lake Lucerne, where he opened and positioned the resort as one of the most sought-after destinations in the world.
5 star, Leading Hotels Of The World, Swiss Deluxe Hotels
With its excellence and sophistication, discretion and finesse, Beau-Rivage Genève is a place where nothing is left to chance, where the perfect moment awaits you. Immersed in the hotel’s essence with its unique atmosphere, pampered by the most attentive service, enveloped in this indescribable art of living, each one of our guests feels at home here and becomes part of a wonderful story.
History & Story
The legacy of Beau-Rivage Genève began in 1865 when pioneers Albertine and Jean-Jacques Mayer, visionaries of their time, wrote the first chapter.
Gifted with the boldness and intuition of those who succeed, the couple commenced the story of our family-run hotel, page after page, passing on their passion and excellence on to future generations. Those generations, whose high standards and commitment will continue to preserve the grandeur of Beau-Rivage Genève throughout history, ensuring its seamless transition through ever-changing times. They will pursue the work done this far, writing the next chapters in history, ensuring the legacy of Beau-Rivage Genève lives on. This has been the family’s mission: generations of passionate people proud of a remarkable family history, who, with respect for the past, magnify the present and shape the future of the Maison Beau-Rivage Genève.
A brand new floor supervised by the famous designer Mr. Pierre-Yves Rochon was added and finished in July 2017.
After its 150th anniversary, Beau-Rivage’s presents us with an excellent occasion to celebrate the past, but also, and more importantly, to look to the future, as each previous generation has so diligently done.
The refurbishment of the top of the building, a milestone in Beau-Rivage’s history, will redefine luxury.
Between 2014 and 2017, 23 units have been completely renovated, the back of the building, the restaurant, the kitchens, the terrace, the elevators, the roof is completely redone to the point that it could have the Minergie label, the system of air conditioning is in geothermal sync with the water of the lake.
Beau-Rivage Genève now offers even more exclusive spaces. 15 suites, of which 6 are historic and 9 are brand new top-floor unique suites. The renovated include duplex apartments ranging from 100 to 150 m2 and two apartments of 150 and 250 m2. All with a private spa bathed in daylight, exceptional views, unique volumes and an extremely comfortable bed from which you can admire the stars if you wish.
Date added extensions
2017: Extension of the 6th floor ended at the same time than renovations of the 5th floor.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The hotel masters suites fitted with incredible lake view, they present the harmony between its memorable classic atmosphere and a vibrant modern touch.
Beau-Rivage Genève is ideally located on the lakefront, in front of the water jet, facing the Mont Blanc and the snowy mountains and the famous Jet d’Eau water fountain. The building has three facades, towards the lake, the Brunschwick garden and the city
Key sites/activities in the area
Located in front of Lake Geneva, Beau-Rivage Genève enjoys a privileged location in the heart of Geneva: : close to the business and shopping district; five minutes from the Old Town with its famous cobbled streets and museums; and within ten minutes of the airport and international organizations.
- Business and Shopping Districts: 5 minutes
- Train Station: 5 minutes walking distance
- Airport: 10 minutes by car
- Zurich: 45 minutes by plane
While the history of the hotel has undeniably been enriched by the extraordinary destiny of its famous visitors, history with a capital H arguably requires exceptional places such as Beau-Rivage Genève to make things happen.
Actors, poets, diplomats, Royal highnesses, maharajahs, authors, politicians, Hollywood stars… The list of personalities who at some point have fallen under the spell of Beau-Rivage Genève is impressive, dizzying, staggering!
All year round Beau-Rivage Genève makes sure that the stay of your little ones is as exceptional as yours: accommodation and breakfast are free for them up to the age of 13.
- Number of Suites: 15
- Number of Luxury Rooms: 80
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all:95
Restaurants & Bars
• One Michelin star restaurant: Le Chat-Botté, it promises to offer a unique and memorable culinary moment. It charms its guests with its Mediterranean colors and atmosphere and is skillfully orchestrated by the Chef Dominique Gauthier.
• The Bar offers an ideal haven in a calm, intimate ambience, a real retreat from the hum of the city. At any time of the day, the Atrium Bar menu offers a wide selection of classical and creative cocktails designed by the bartender, light meals and refined dishes as well as afternoon tea with elaborate homemade cakes to enjoy while comfortably reclining in the deep armchairs.
• La Terrasse of Beau-Rivage, An oasis of well-being in the heart of the city!La Terrasse: All year long when weatther allows for a drink or a succulent dish of the day. From April to September, LA Terrasse welcomes Le Chat-Botté and promises a One Michelin Star for lunch, la Terrasse offers two menus, concocted by Dominique Gauthier, The Chat-Botté menu as the promise of a gastronomic experience and The Bar, which offers a succulent dish of the day and refined dishes in a more “brasserie” spirit.
• Fitness with the latest Techno Gym equipment and fittings as well as changing rooms with all the appropriate conveniences.
• From Room prestige Lake view, all room have their own private Spa with hammam shower and whirlpool bath-tub. At the 6th floor, one of the luxury executive room offers a Jacuzzi on the terrace.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Six elegant reception rooms, all with natural light and the exquisite views of the Lake or the Brunswick Gardens, the Alps or the Brunswick Monument Park provide an elegant, sophisticated setting for functions arranged to order.
• More than 530 m2 of meeting room’s forup to 1,200 people
• Located in the centre of the city, close to the lake
• Railway station: 5 minutes walk / Geneva airport: 10 minutes
Extra Notable Features
• Coocking Class: Learn about the art of fine dining with the Michelin star awarded chef Dominique Gauthier. In the heart of the Chat-Botté’s kitchen, the gourmet restaurant of Beau-Rivage – Michelin star and 18/20 Gault & Millau – you will learn to prepare one of the dishes from the seasonal menu, selected beforehand by the Chef. At the end of the class you will taste your dish and get expert advice to repeat the experience at home!
• Sommellerie class: Venture into the historical wine cellar of Beau-Rivage, one of the most splendid in Switzerland and discover its many treasures. During the tasting class your palate will embark on an incredible journey while you swirl and sip, and enjoy puff pastries, charcuterie and cheese. There will be a selection of four wines. It will all be selected before hand by the sommelier and the Chef of the Chat-Botté, Dominique Gauthier.
• Cocktail class: Learn how to make delicious cocktails, from classic recipes to more technical mixtures that you could prepare at home. Soak up the cocktail universe while tasting the most surprising flavors in the cozy and luxurious atmosphere of Le Bar, in Beau-Rivage.
• Pastry class for children: Our pastry chef Yohann Coiffard, will transmit his passion and creativity during some pastry-making courses. 6 little chefs will learn the secrets of making special gourmet pastries in the famous kitchens of Le Chat-Botté.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Le Chat-Botté : One Michelin Star 18/20 Gault Millau
• Patara : 18/20 GaultMillau
• 4 Stars Forbes Travel Guide
Number of employees