Caruso, A Belmond Hotel, Amalfi Coast Italy
Caruso, a Belmond Hotel, Amalfi Coast
Piazza San Giovanni del Toro 2, 84010 Ravello (SA),
Date of Creation
Originally built in the 11th century, a property of Belmond since 2005.
Hotel General Manager
With more than 15 years in the business, Alfonso Pacifico is truly fond of hospitality. Since he started at Caruso, a Belmond Hotel, Amalfi Coast as a Front Office Manager in 2014, he has led by example, managing to build a positive working environment based on mutual respect and long-lasting relationships. His intense commitment and operations expertise led him to become General Manager in 2018.
CARUSO, A BELMOND HOTEL, AMALFI COAST
History & Story
Sat on a limestone throne at the peaceful pinnacle of Ravello, Caruso, a Belmond Hotel, Amalfi Coast gazes out over the Tyrrhenian Sea. The hotel was originally built in the 11th century by a wealthy family, shipwrecked on their journey to Constantinople. It was once called Palazzo d’Afflitto—the Palace of the Afflicted. Today, the name could not be further from the truth. The Caruso boasts all the worldly luxuries anyone could desire. Vibrant frescoed salons play neighbour to stone vaults adorned with arches and chandeliers. Marbled hallways lead to rooms brimming with antiques and paintings by old masters. In each nook visitors will uncover a new and intriguing part of the hotel’s history.
In 2020, four enchanting suites with garden and sea views were fully renovated.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
– The panoramic heated infinity pool, in a spectacular location dominating the Amalfi coast below and with incredible views
– The building is a jewel in itself, with ancient 18th-century frescoes adorning guestrooms and public areas
– The terraced gardens blooming with roses, lemon and olive trees
– Complimentary shuttle service to Amalfi and Positano
– Complimentary boat cruises along the coast
Set into the cliff edge 350m (1150ft) above sea level, high above tiered groves of lemons and olive vines, the Caruso is magnificently positioned for adventure and exploration.
This Amalfi Coast hotel is also ideally located for sightseeing: it’s 7km from Amalfi’s town centre, 18km from Positano and 28km from the lost city of Pompeii.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Lemon Tour in the Valley of the Mills near Amalfi
– Vespa tours along the coast
– “Meeting the Artisans” tour to visit skilled craftsmen and traditional artisan workshop
– Garden Tours with Head Gardner Gaetano
– Tours of Underground Naples, to have a new perspective on the city
– Complimentary boat tour along the Amalfi Coast
• The hotel offers a “Serenade” service, with professional musicians that can accompany your declaration to your loved one, which will be escorted on a romantic balcony – for modern days Romeo and Juliet!
• Our team can set the perfect stage for your romantic evening arranging a floating table for two on the amazing infinity pool, suspended 1,000 feet above the Amalfi Coast.
Let our expert tutors entertain your little ones. From directing your own movie trailer to pizza making, children will be captivated. Relax knowing that they are receiving expert supervision while at play. Children’s amenities and babysitting service are available.
• Number of suites: 31 (from 45 to 95 sq m)
– Caruso Suite
– Deluxe Sea View Terrace Suite
– Sea View Suite with Garden
– Superior Suite
– Premium Sea View Junior Suite with Terrace
– Deluxe Sea View Junior Suite with Balcony
– Superior Sea View Junior Suite with Garden
• Number of Luxury rooms: 19 (from 42 to 50 sq m)
– Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony
– Garden View Room with Terrace
– Superior Room with Garden
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 50
All accommodation includes:
Air conditioning – 24-hour room service – Mini-bar – Complimentary wireless/wired internet – Twice-daily housekeeping service – Satellite TV and DVD player – Daily newspapers – Courtesy lines by Acqua di Parma
Restaurants & Bars
Belvedere Restaurant: Famed for its superb selection of fresh, local Mediterranean dishes, the Caruso’s Belvedere Restaurant offers diners an unforgettable experience. Chef Mimmo di Raffaele takes guests on a tantalising journey of discovery. Traditional Italian specialties inspire innovative dishes. Dine in the elegant indoor dining room, the atmospheric outdoor terrace, or in the al fresco area close to the pool, surrounded by ancient rose bushes.
Pool Restaurant: For the ultimate al fresco experience, the Pool Restaurant is a must visit. With the stunning infinity pool as the backdrop, the emphasis is on relaxation and fine food, characterised by the lavish salad bar and traditional wood-fired pizzas.
Cocktail and Piano Bar: Atmospherically lit and with magnificent frescoes, it offers an extensive list of innovative cocktails
Sparkling Garden: Take a seat on the ancient colonnade leading to the pool and bask in the warm Mediterranean breeze. Choose from the finest champagnes, Italian wines and traditional food delicacies accompanied by lounge music in a very cozy atmosphere.
Swimming pool: An architectural masterpiece, it’s set at the highest point above the town of Ravello, seemingly suspended in the clouds, providing an unparalleled vista and breathtaking views of the coastline.
Fitness centre: Re-energise with a workout in our air-conditioned gym, enjoying a full range of cardio equipment, weight machines and panoramic views.
Step up tour: Get active with a fun fitness session around Ravello. Work out with an expert personal trainer, and discover some of the most beautiful corners of this charming town along the way.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The hotel offers two private event rooms with direct access to the lush gardens, which are the ideal setting for an extensive range of activities and celebrations – from pic-chics to banquets. Whether it’s a family reunion, wedding anniversary or milestone birthday, as well as a corporate event or meeting, we can arrange a captivating setting in the secluded grounds of the hotel.
Extra Notable Features
Pizza Cooking Classes are incredibly fun and tasty, and are held at the Pool Restaurant.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Forbes Travel Guide, Five-Star Award
Tatler Travel Guide, The Best 101 Hotels in the World
Condé Nast Traveler, Readers’ Choice Awards #12
Number of employees
Up to 120