Caruso, A Belmond Hotel, Amalfi Coast Italy
Caruso, a Belmond Hotel, Amalfi Coast
Piazza San Giovanni del Toro 2, 84010 Ravello (SA),
Date of Creation
Originally built in the 11th century, a property of Belmond since 2005.
Hotel General Manager
With more than 15 years in the business, Alfonso Pacifico is truly fond of hospitality. Since he started at Caruso, a Belmond Hotel, Amalfi Coast as a Front Office Manager in 2014, he has led by example, managing to build a positive working environment based on mutual respect and long-lasting relationships. His intense commitment and operations expertise led him to become General Manager in 2018.
CARUSO, A BELMOND HOTEL, AMALFI COAST
History & Story
Sat on a limestone throne at the peaceful pinnacle of Ravello, Caruso, a Belmond Hotel, Amalfi Coast gazes out over the Tyrrhenian Sea. The hotel was originally built in the 11th century by a wealthy family, shipwrecked on their journey to Constantinople. It was once called Palazzo d’Afflitto—the Palace of the Afflicted. Today, the name could not be further from the truth. The Caruso boasts all the worldly luxuries anyone could desire. Vibrant frescoed salons play neighbour to stone vaults adorned with arches and chandeliers. Marbled hallways lead to rooms brimming with antiques and paintings by old masters. In each nook visitors will uncover a new and intriguing part of the hotel’s history.
Light refurbishment every year. Recently four enchanting suites with garden and sea views were
Main Strengths, Special Touch
– The panoramic heated infinity pool, in a spectacular location dominating the Amalfi coast below and with incredible views
– The building is a jewel in itself, with ancient 18th-century frescoes adorning guestrooms and public areas
– The terraced gardens blooming with roses, lemon and olive trees
– Complimentary shuttle service to Amalfi and Positano
– Complimentary boat cruises along the coast
– Access to the hotel’s private beach club near Amalfi
Set into the cliff edge 350m (1150ft) above sea level, high above tiered groves of lemons and olive vines, the Caruso is magnificently positioned for adventure and exploration.
This Amalfi Coast hotel is also ideally located for sightseeing: it’s 7km from Amalfi’s town centre, 18km from Positano and 28km from the lost city of Pompeii.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Lemon Tour in the Valley of the Mills near Amalfi
– Tours of Underground Naples, to have a new perspective on the city
– Pompeii: visit a fascinating new exhibition sponsored by Hotel Caruso
– Boat Voyage to Procida, Italy’s capital of culture for 2022
– Walking along the Path of the Gods, a spectacular trail perched on the Amalfi Coast
• The hotel offers a “Serenade” service, with professional musicians that can accompany your declaration to your loved one, which will be escorted on a romantic balcony – for modern days Romeo and Juliet!
Let our expert tutors entertain your little ones. Dedicated spa treatments for kids are offered in our
Wellness Centre, and activities including ceramic classes, pizza-making and sailing trips along the
coast. A babysitting service is available on request. Children’s amenities and babysitting service
Choose from 50 spacious rooms and suites, each imbued with their own individual style. Most
afford sea views from their terraces and many enjoy a private garden. The décor embraces
Neapolitan style and tradition and a number of rooms are furnished with 18 th and 19th-century
antiques or decorated with charming ancient frescoes.
• Number of suites: 33 (from 45 to 95 sq m)
– Caruso Suite
– Deluxe Sea View Terrace Suite
– Sea View Suite with Garden
– Superior Suite
– Premium Sea View Junior Suite with Terrace
– Deluxe Sea View Junior Suite with Balcony
– Superior Sea View Junior Suite with Garden
• Number of Luxury rooms: 17 (from 42 to 50 sq m)
– Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony
– Garden View Room with Terrace
– Superior Room with Garden
All accommodation includes:
Air conditioning – 24-hour room service – Mini-bar – Complimentary wireless/wired internet – Twice-daily housekeeping service – Satellite TV – Daily newspapers – Courtesy lines by Acqua di Parma
Restaurants & Bars
Ristorante Belvedere – It boasts a spectacular outdoor terrace and an alfresco area close to the pool. Ideal to feast on gourmet regional cuisine while admiring the most romantic views of the Amalfi Coast.
Ristorante Caruso – Housed in an elegant dining room with stunning coastal views, it’s the perfect spot to enjoy local specialties.
Pool Grill: With the stunning infinity pool as a backdrop, guests can indulge in delicious salads, pastas and Neapolitan pizza straight from the brick oven.
Bar Caruso: The hotel’s atmospheric bar, boasting magnificent 18th-century frescoes and vistas over the coastline, is ideal for early-evening cocktails or a late-night digestif. Enjoy piano music from 19:00 till late in the lounge area.
Krug Table:Gather around a unique table, fashioned from an 18thcentury door that once graced the old Caruso palace. Sit on chic chairs adorned with Emilio Pucci fabrics and dine on the Chef’s exceptional menu, featuring the freshest local produce, paired with Krug Champagne. Available from May to October.
Swimming pool: An architectural masterpiece, it’s set at the highest point above the town of Ravello, seemingly suspended in the clouds, providing an unparalleled vista and breathtaking views of the coastline.
Fitness centre: Fitness centre: Re-energise with a workout in our open-air gym, enjoying a full range of cardio equipment and weight machines by Technogym – complemented with coastal views. Private sessions with a personal trainer can be arranged on request.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The hotel offers two private event rooms with direct access to the lush gardens, which are the ideal setting for an extensive range of activities and celebrations – from pic-chics to banquets. Whether it’s a family reunion, wedding anniversary or milestone birthday, as well as a corporate event or meeting, we can arrange a captivating setting in the secluded grounds of the hotel.
Extra Notable Features
Caruso has sponsored a new exhibition in Pompeii that allows guests to explore the significance of sensual and erotic objects in the daily lives of Pompeians.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Forbes Travel Guide, Five-Star Award
Tatler Travel Guide, The Best 101 Hotels in the World
Number of employees
Up to 120