Chia Laguna Sardinia, Italy
Viale Belvedere località Chia Domus de Maria (CA), Sardinia
Italian Hospitality Collection
Castello SGR S.p.A.
Date of Creation
1988; new management from 2010
Italian Hospitality Collection features some of Italy’s most impressive properties, each one embodying a distinctive sense of place, honouring the transformative power of nature and perfectly balancing the relationship between mind, body, spirit and environment.
History & Story
Opened in 1988, Chia Laguna has undergone several changes and upgradings over the years. In 2003 Chia Laguna starts an affiliation with Starwood Hotels; the partnership terminates in 2008. In 2014 the hotel becomes part of Italian Hospitality Collection, a portfolio of hotels & spas devoted to curating moments of distinction, deeply rooted in local culture and heritage, that create memorable experiences with emotional impact. The collection includes Chia Laguna in Sardinia, Fonteverde, Bagni di Pisa and Grotta Giusti in Tuscany, Le Massif in Courmayeur (Italian Alps).
2021 – Total refurbishment of Hotel Laguna and Baia di Chia Resort Sardinia (5 stars category). Baia di Chia Resort Sardinia becomes part of Curio Collection by Hilton in summer 2021; Hotel Laguna will welcome its guests in 2022 as proud member of Conrad Hotels & Resorts (Hilton) and its new name will be Conrad Chia Laguna.
2020 – Total refurbishment of Hotel Village (4 stars category).
2017 – Hotel Baia fully renovated with the opening of new amazing suites. Upgrade to 4 stars prestige category.
2016 – First part of the total renewal of Hotel Baia and new opening of Whiteluna Restaurant.
2015 – New luxury Suites, new swimming pool at Hotel Laguna; new Chia Natural Spa
2012 – Launch of new Hotel Spazio Oasi ; total refurbishment of remaining 240 rooms at Hotel Village; complete refurbishment of Conference Center; upgrading of main swimming-pool and gym facilities
2011 – Total refurbishment of Restaurants Bouganville (Hotel Village) and Le Dune (by the beach)
2006 – Total refurbishment of Hotel Laguna
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Several types of accommodation, dedicated services for couples and families
• Choice of restaurants and dining options, evening entertainment.
• Exclusive services for top Suite residents. Special VIP treatments for guests
• Beach and surrounding nature
• Conrad Spa
• Only 50km from Cagliari International Airport
In the heart of the Mediterranean, Chia is located in one of the most beautiful parts of the wild and unspoilt coast of South-West Sardinia, just 50 minutes from Cagliari, the island’s county town. The Resort overlooks the Baia of Chia, one of the most beautiful stretches of beach on the island. Close to the resort is the village of Chia, built upon the remains of the VII century village of Bithia, in later date occupied by Phoenician, Punic and Roman colonies. A landmark of Chia is the 16th-century Spanish tower which overlooks Chia bay.
Key sites/activities in the area
Key sites in the area are the archaeological site of Nora, an ancient Roman and pre-Roman town placed on a peninsula near Chia, now an open-air museum; Cagliari, the capital city of the island of Sardinia, an ancient city with a long history which has seen the rule of several civilizations.
Among the activities, sea and land excursions are arranged by the Resort.
Children are engaged by the many fun and sports activities organized for them: face and body painting, children and parents games, kid’s cooking classes, tea and dinner parties, sports games, fun & games by the children’s pool and by the beach, baby dance and kid’s shows on the main stage. Entertainment is provided every evening on the stage of the main square, with cabaret shows and concerts.
Children are entertained by the multi-lingual entertainment team who create activities and tailored programmes for all interests and ages. Special spaces for children are the children’s pool and play area, and the Bimbi Restaurant.
Conrad Chia Laguna: with breath-taking views over the lagoon and the sea of Chia, offer ing the best in comfort, privacy and Mediterranean elegance. Total number of rooms: 107.
Restaurants & Bars
• La Terrazza
The restaurant of the Conrad Chia Laguna Sardinia has been completely renewed. It welcomes you with the singular light of Sardinia and a polished elegance recalling the Mediterranean nature. Savor breakfast or dinner on the panoramic terrace, gazing out at the spectacular lagoon and bay.
The buffet breakfast is plentiful and delicious: start the day off with fresh-cooked foods, sample from our organic corner, or taste Sardinian delights. In the evening, the restaurant takes on an intimate and luxurious air, offering superb à-la-carte dinners, Mediterranean wine pairings, and a wide range of sparkling wines.
• Bioaquam Restaurant (bar & lunch)
The poolside restaurant and café of the Conrad Chia Laguna Sardinia has a new look, with an elegant lounge area and a magnificent solarium. It is the perfect spot for a stylish lunch: choose from light and wholesome offerings to combine the pleasure of eating with health and wellness, as you relax by the pool. At Bioaquam, you can also enjoy delicious summer cocktails, vegetable and fruit smoothies, or a carefully selected range of organic wines. Relax and take in the spectacular view of the Chia coast.
• Domus Restaurant
The restaurant of Hotel Village, with its dining room and its large covered terrace amid the plants and flowers of the gardens. It is welcoming, familiar, and informal, with a style that makes you feel at home.
The bright furnishings, mimicking the white rock of the cliffs and the shimmering beaches, welcome you for breakfast and buffet dinner.
Domus offers a sumptuous and delicious breakfast as well buffet dinners featuring international and Mediterranean specialties. Discover ancient and unique flavors in evenings dedicated to Italian regional cuisine.
• Mezze Restaurant
This restaurant is adjacent to the large central pool of the resort, amid verdant gardens. The style is informal and makes you feel at home, creating a natural occasion to socialize. Mezze’s menu offers a variety of specialties that, following the local tradition, you can share with your fellow diners. Mezze is also open during the day for poolside lunches featuring a menu of fresh, simple, delectable dishes served at the restaurant or in the comfort of your beach chair.
• Osteria La Torre Restaurant
The restaurant in Piazza degli Ulivi, for a seafood dinner in the extraordinary atmosphere of the square From here, you can enjoy the view of the gulf and the tower, the evening breeze, and the scent of the Mediterranean scrub. Osteria la Torre offers a menu focused strictly on fresh fish from the coast and shellfish to enjoy with exceptional Sardinian wines. Elegant, though informal, it is the setting for a perfect summer night, with the vibrant town square featuring live shows and original performances, a stunning seascape, and the delicious flavors of our sea.
• Pizzeria Restaurant
Our outdoor pizzeria is in Piazza degli Ulivi, offering shows for the resort guests and highlighting boutiques by local artisans. The pleasure of a pizza in its many versions and joining your friends combine in a welcoming and charming restaurant. The lively atmosphere of the piazza and the heavenly fragrance of the pizza creates an unforgettable summer atmosphere. Flour, yeast, tomato sauce, and mozzarella work their magic, the fire blazes in the wood-burning oven, and the wind carries the aroma of the sea. This is the recipe for friendship and hospitality, in its simplest and most perfect form.
• Brand New Flow Restaurant
Signature restaurant, South-East Asian, Thai and Sushi fusion cuisine.
• Brand New Sa Mesa Restaurant
Traditional Sardinian restaurant, open for dinner. At Sa Mesa, guests can enjoy traditional Sardinian cuisine in this outlet, serving fresh seafood/steaks. Live BBQ area, à la carte menu.
• Le Dune by the beach
A stone’s throw from Campana Beach, enveloped by the enchanting landscape of Baia di Chia, Le Dune restaurant offers an authentic taste experience for lunch, including grilled fish, incredibly fresh main courses, and wood-oven pizza.
• Brand New Il Ginepro Restaurant
This is the main restaurant for guests of the Baia di Chia Resort. The light of Sardinia, the scent of the dunes, and the Mediterranean scrub embrace the covered terrace and dining room. Everything here is inspired by nature: from the name (“Juniper”) – a tribute to the secular plants growing amid the sand and granite – to its style, utilizing the colors of pale wood, to its furniture made of reeds from the lagoon. Here, guests can enjoy a full buffet breakfast with Italian delights or freshly prepared cooked dishes. For dinner, Il Ginepro presents modern Mediterranean cuisine and traditional Sardinian dishes, in the stunning nighttime atmosphere of Chia.
• Bimbi Restaurant
The restaurant designed for our little guests is made-to-measure for kids, where lunch and dinner are as fun as a game played together. Its furniture is bright, practical, and entertaining, like the long snake-shaped table to seat a large group. The menus are healthy and yummy, perfect for long days at the beach. Eating here is also a learning moment. The interactive kitchen offers lots of interesting facts on food and how the tastes of our favorite dishes are born.
• 8 bars – Bioaquam Bar, exclusively reserved to Hotel Laguna guests by the pool; Bollicine Bar, a champagne bar at Hotel Laguna; Piazza Bar, in the resort’s main square; Club House Bar, casual bar by the Hotel Village main pool; Le Dune kiosk next to the beach facilities; Chia Beach (kiosk at Monte Cogoni beach) ; Il Canneto bar by the new Hotel Baia swimming pool; Brand New Lounge Bar Flow (located at Flow Restaurant).
• Conrad Spa, open-air whirlpool baths, humid path, treatment rooms and relaxation areas.
• 5 swimming pools, two (Bioaquam and Oasi) reserved to 5* Conrad Chia Laguna guests and one dedicated to children.
• One fitness center with cardio-fitness equipment (reserved to Hotel Village guests); one brand new fitness centre at Conrad Spa (reserved to Conrad Chia Laguna and Baia di Chia Resort Sardinia guests).
Corporate & Celebration Events
• CHIA SPORTS WEEK in April with top-level sporting events taking place, not to mention a host of other non-competitive races and events for all sports fans of all ages.
Extra Notable Features
• Football Academies in partnership with Juventus and English Premier League
• Diving and water-sports
• Land & sea excursions, horse-riding school
• Tennis, soccer, running group activities
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Chia Laguna was awarded “World Leading Beach Family Resort” at the prestigious World Travel Awards 2020
• “Mediterranean’s Leading Family Resort” (World Travel Awards 2020)
• “World Leading Beach Family Resort” (World Travel Awards 2019)
• Chia Laguna was awarded “Seven Stars Family Resort 2019” at the prestigious “Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and
• Lifestyle Awards”. This is an important recognition of our dedicated passion for families and kids.
• “Italy’s Leading Family Resort” (World Travel Awards 2020)
• “Italy’s Leading Family Resort” (World Travel Awards 2018)
• “Seven Stars Family Resort 2017” at the prestigious Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards
• World Travel Awards Mediterranean’s leading family resort
• Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence – Hotel Laguna 5*
• Holidaycheck Quality Selection – Chia Laguna Resort
• World Travel Awards Italy’s Leading Resort
• Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence – Chia Village 4*
Number of employees
Up to 500 in high season (August)