London, United Kingdom
Brook Street, Mayfair,
London, W1K 4HR – UK
Maybourne Hotel Group
Hotel General Manager
Claridge’s is the quintessential Mayfair hotel, brimming with art deco glamour. For more than a century, it has preserved its unique heritage with all the modern flourishes a guest could wish for, bound together by world-renowned service that is impeccable, intuitive and highly tailored.
History & Story
Since first opening its doors Claridge’s has been the destination for fashionable London. Bought in 1854 by Mr and Mrs William Claridge, the hotel received the ultimate accolade in 1860 when Queen Victoria visited Claridge’s to see her friend Empress Eugenie of France. This was the beginning of a tradition of royal visits, which continues to this day. Claridge’s has even been called the annex to Buckingham Palace, as foreign heads of state, invited to dine at the Palace during official state visits, return hospitality by hosting a banquet at the hotel. Today Claridge’s is full of life and laughter. Graced by an international and discerning clientèle who appreciate Claridge’s heritage and beauty, its extraordinarily high standards of service and, perhaps most important of all in today’s publicity crazed society, its discretion.
At the heart of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s luxury hotel is perfectly situated for the West End, stylish shopping districts, leafy Royal parks and thriving business centres.
On 17th July 1945 Winston Churchill declared Suite 212 Yugoslavian territory for a day and a clod of Yugoslavian earth was laid under the bed, so that Crown Prince Alexander II could be born on his own country’s soil.
• Personal bathrobe and slippers
• Children’s magazine with morning newspaper
• Children’s books and board game
• Babysitting and childminding services
• Cots and highchairs
• Bottle warmers
• Children’s menu avaliable in hotel restaurants
Each of the rooms, at Claridge’s lives up to and sustains the reputation of this magnificent hotel. Individually crafted by world-famous interior designers, including Viscount Linley, Guy Oliver and Diane von Furstenberg, they are an enviable collection of highly individual spaces that offer impeccable surroundings to suit all tastes. Each has unique character with specially commissioned furniture, marble bathrooms, exceptionally comfortable beds and furnishings, and all the state-of-the-art technology you could possibly need.
Restaurants & Bars
The Foyer & Reading Room
The Foyer & Reading Room’s grand art deco setting creates the perfect place to enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner along with what many regard as the best afternoon tea in London.
The quintessential hidden gem, The Fumoir is a treasure chest of liquid history; a bar where eradefining cocktails are twisted, forgotten classics are reconstructed and new passions are ignited. Perfect for a post-show gossip, pre-dinner aperitif or intimate nightcap, it’s a precious secret, cherished by those in the know.
The Claridge’s Bar
The Claridge’s Bar serves an impeccable selection of rare and exceptional drinks. From the finest vintage champagnes to sought-after spirits and wines, this connoisseur’s collection represents the best of their kind. Our knowledgeable staff source, prepare and serve the drinks straight up, or as cocktails expertly created within the effortlessly elegant setting of David Collins’ stunning interior.
The Painter’s Room
An ode to the artistic haunts of Provence and Italy, The Painter’s Room is a stylish, art deco hideaway. Cocktails here are light and local – with a focus on British, French and Italian producers. Designed by BOS Studio, the bar’s pared-back palette is complemented by thoughtful nods to the hotel’s heritage. Gently reflecting the light from the rose-framed skylight, the striking centrepiece is an intricate stained-glass mirror, created by London-based artist Annie Morris.
Claridge’s Wine Cellar
Dedicated to the art of viniculture, Claridge’s Wine Cellar is an exquisite expression of craft. Step inside our dedicated store to sample an eclectic collection of rare vintages, select a bottle to enjoy in your suite, or take home the perfect dinner party pairing. This beautifully created space is designed to stoke curiosity, and showcase an extraordinary variety of more than 1000 wines and champagnes.
Our Health Club & Spa offers a tranquil and peaceful environment with stunning views to match.
Corporate & Celebration Events
From board meetings and business conferences to the most glittering A-list parties, Claridge’s prestigious event spaces are designed to suit all manner of celebrations, and all have been recently refurbished to their former glory. Whether it’s the lavish 1930s Ballroom, elegant French Salon or a discreet private meeting room – the atmosphere of Claridge’s makes any event an outstanding experience.
Extra Notable Features
• Claridge’s Master classes are designed to share the expertise and experience, the secrets and skills of these key members of Claridge’s team. Claridge’s Master classes showcases sessions such as Carving, Sunday Roast, Fish and Afternoon Tea.
• Designed expressly to meet the needs of global business travellers, the Claridge’s Map Room is the perfect bolt-hole in which to think, read, relax and be inspired.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Claridge’s supreme service and style have won the hotel a series of prestigious international awards. Here are some of our most recent.
• Michelin Guide: Davies and Brook is awarded a Michelin Star
• Forbes Travel Guide: 5 star rating *****
• International Property Awards: Empress Eugenie Suite wins Best International Hotel Interior and Best Hotel Interior in London
• International Property Awards: Claridge’s Suites win, Best International Interior Award, Best Interior Suite in London and Best Interior Suite in UK
• Michelin Guide: Fera at Claridge’s retains one Michelin Star
• The Caterer Hotelier’s Hotel Awards: Claridge’s named in top 5 London hotel list
• Veuve Clicquot Food and Drink Awards, name Claridge’s Hotel of the Year 2015
• Walpole British Luxury Awards, Claridge’s is awarded Best British Service Award
• Michelin Guide 2014, Fera at Claridge’s was awarded one Michelin Star
• Good Food Guide 2014, Fera at Claridge’s makes first entry into top 20 UK restaurants
• Conde Nast Traveller Reader Awards 2014, Claridge’s was awarded Best UK Business Hotel
• Forbes Five Star rating 2013, Claridge’s is awarded a Five Star rating by Forbes Travel Guide in 2013
• Travel Weekly Best Hotels in the World 2013, Claridge’s listed as their top hotel in the world
• The Sunday Times Travel 2013, Claridge’s listed in their Top 10 London hotels