Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin Netherlands
Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin
Astrid Boulevard 5, 2202 BK Noordwijk Aan Zee, The Netherlands
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Stephan J.A.B. Stokkermans
Working for nearly 30 years in this family owned and run Iconic Hotel. Honoured as Hotelier of the Year 2019 at the Global Conference of Preferred Hotels & Resorts. Member of several (inter)national hospitality boards and chairman of EHMA Dutch Chapter.
Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin, a leading name in the Dutch hospitality industry, is the ideal getaway located directly on the beach. Prominent guests, from the royal family to world leaders, have stayed in the hotel, which has a rich history.
GRAND HOTEL HUIS TER DUIN
History & Story
In 1880, the local population of Noordwijk was dependent on fishing. The then Mayor Pické found that Noordwijk had more to offer than just fish. A seaside resort with allure would yield a better catch. In 1883 Pické puts on the highest point of the dunes the first spade in the sand and the Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin was opened in 1885. Nowadays, the hotel features a wide range of facilities which will make sure that guests can enjoy themselves for the time of their stay and experience the #preferredlife to the fullest.
In 2019 the façade of Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin has been renewed.
Date added extensions
1984 and 1990
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Family owned and managed hotel, personal approach
• Beach front property
• Extensive culinary experiences available on site, ranging from brasserie style food to Michelin starred fine dining
• Wellness treatments can be booked on site
Rugged dunes, magnificent woodlands, flower fields and an eye catching 13 km of fantastic sandy beaches. Noordwijk, located just 25 minutes from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, is a great place to be for a relaxed break. Noordwijk isn’t just captivating, it tempts you to stay. As of March 2020, Noordwijk proudly carries the official recognition of wholesome seaside resort. This recognition has been received from the ESPA and is based on the quality of the sea water, climatic conditions, the surroundings, facilities and several applications. The destination is perfectly suitable for outdoor activities.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Noordwijk carries the recognition of wholesome seaside resort
• Beautiful 13 km coastline
• Boutique shopping in Noordwijk
• Keukenhof- the most beautiful spring garden in the world
• Historic city of Leiden, the birthplace of Rembrandt van Rijn is located nearby
• National Park Hollandse Duinen
• In 2014, President Barrack Obama stayed at the hotel during his attendance of the NSS
• Restaurant Latour is located in Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin and proudly carries a Michelin star already for 15 years
• Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin is renowned because of the in house based pastry department
Game room for children is available in the hotel and open 7 days per week. Please note that there is no supervision in the game room.
• Number of penthouses: 4 with panoramic view over Noordwijk or the Dutch coast and a surface area of 90 m2. The penthouses boast a separate living room featuring a luxurious dining setting. Room amenities: 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi, use of luxury bathrobes and slippers, coffee & tea amenities, safe, hairdryer and extensive mini bar menu.
• Number of suites: 20 with panoramic view over Noordwijk or the Dutch coast and a surface area of 70 m2. Room amenities: 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi, use of luxury bathrobes and slippers, coffee & tea amenities, safe, hairdryer and mini bar.
• Number of charming rooms: 158 Charming rooms with panoramic view over Noordwijk or the Dutch coast and a surface area between 25 m2-35 m2. Room amenities: 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi, use of luxury bathrobes and slippers, coffee & tea amenities, safe, hairdryer.
Restaurants & Bars
Guests can wine & dine in one of the three restaurants of the hotel or the charming Van Diepeningen Lounge.
Breakers Beach House is situated directly at the beach and offers a beautiful view of the Noordwijjk coast line. Inspired by the American Long Beach and Victorian style, Breakers Beach House is often referred to as the French Riviera of the Netherlands. The menu changes with the seasons and for our chef, Ben van der Ark, this is a natural process.
At Michelin starred Restaurant Latour, chef Marcel van Lier and sommelier Stan Kerckhoffs translate their international discoveries into exceptional culinary sensations. Restaurant Latour has been awarded with a Michelin star since 2005.
For a casual lunch or dinner, guests are welcome at Brasserie La Terrasse where chef Jeroen Zuidberg bases his kitchen philosophy on the traditional French cuisine with indispensable fresh products and ingredients.
The Van Diepeningen Lounge exudes the charm of the Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin combined with a luxurious, warm design. For a cup of coffee with homemade pastries or a sparkling aperitif with luxurious bites, the Van Diepeningen Lounge is ideally suited.
The hotel features an indoor swimming pool, sauna, Turkish steam bath and a gym. Hidden in Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin, you will find an oasis of serenity: MC Wellness. They immerse you in luxury with an extensive program of relaxing and effective treatments for body and face.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin features a wide range of function rooms and therefore is the ideal hotel for special occasions such as weddings and celebration events. Please contact the hotel directly to discuss possibilities. Capacities range from intimate dinner and event settings for smaller groups to larger group events such as gala dinners and meetings.
Extra Notable Features
• Bike rental (both electric bikes as well as regular bikes)
• Beautiful golf possibilities in direct vicinity
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Preferred Hotels & Resorts awarded Stephan J.A.B. Stokkermans with the Hotelier of the Year award
• Restaurant Latour has been awarded with a Michelin star since 2005
• Winner M&IT Award Best Overseas Hotel 2014, 2016, 2017
Number of employees