Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte Italy
Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte
Piazza Puccini 1, Viareggio, 55049 (LU)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Stefano Plotegher is the General Manager of Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte
Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte is a 5* star hotel member of “The Leading Hotels of the world”
Since its origin, Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte is the symbol of elegance and hospitality on Versilia coast. Nowadays the Principe is unquestionably one of the world’s most historic and elegant hotels. Your personal luxury since 1922
GRAND HOTEL PRINCIPE DI PIEMONTE
History & Story
Founded in the early Twenties with the name Select Palace Hotel, in 1925 it was extended by two floors and embellished by the magnificent façade that harmonizes the central part. Time has transformed it into a Grand Hotel of international fame that is the preferred residence of aristocrats, intellectuals and artists alike. Rechristened the Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte in 1938, its grandeur has captured the attention of countless directors becoming the scene for prestigious cinematographic productions. Restored to the height of its splendour in 2004, after 19 months of restoration by Architect Piera Tempesti Benelli.
The restyling project began at the end of 2020 and continued in 2021 and 2022. It is aimed at enhancing and elevating its identity: an elegant historical building and luxury holiday destination par excellence. Through the changes that this renovation has brought, the hotel is renewed while continuing to be a point of reference for luxury, excellence, uniqueness. The new look, together with the refined and exclusive service and attention to detail, creates an unforgettable experience just like at the beginning of its grandeur, thanks to the exaltation of detail, the play of light of mirrors and gold, the ancient doors.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
– Gourmet cuisine: two restaurants at disposal to the lovers of the refined cuisine. One of them awarded with 2 Michelin Stars, “Il Piccolo Principe”.
– Historical Building: Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte is included in the Italian fine arts heritage. In Viareggio you can visit different Liberty style buildings of which Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte is one of the most important.
The prestigious Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte is located in front of the sea on Viareggio’s promenade between the beach and the pine forest, near to the highway exit and to the railway station. Viareggio’s promenade is full of boutiques, shops, typical restaurants and nightclubs. Just 25 minutes from Pisa International airport, is the perfect location to discover also Cinque Terre just 50 min away, Forte dei Marmi – 15 minutes – and the historical cities of Lucca and Pisa -25 minutes. Also Florence can be included in a day journey since is just 1 hour by car.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Pisa (30 km)
– Cinque Terre (50 km)
– Lucca (25 km)
– Florence (90 km)
– Chianti (100 km)
At Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte children are welcome and we have beautiful and comfortable Family rooms, 2 Bedroom Suites or 3 Bedroom Suites for large families.
• Number of rooms in all: 88 rooms (including 30 Suite) are on five floors. All rooms feature: LCD TV, adjustable air conditioning, safe, tasteful bed lines, elegant courtesy line, Free wi-fi, satellite channels, coffee & tea maker, Minibar. Four comfortable pillows, 2 of which are feather pillows and two are hypoallergenic.
• Classic rooms, face the inner courtyard. They have a minimum surface of 16sqm (172 sqf).
• Superior rooms, have side sea view or front sea view and have a minimum area of 22 sqm (236 sqf). Some of them feature a balcony.
•Deluxe rooms, hillside view or side sea view. Minimum surface area is 28 sqm (301 sqf)
• Family room, consists of two interconnected superior rooms with sea view or internal view, for a total of minimum 44 sqm (474 sqf).
• Junior Suite and Suite, almost all of them face the magnificent Viareggio’s promenade. Some of them can be interconnected to a Superior room turning into a Two Bedrooms Suite.
Restaurants & Bars
“Il Piccolo Principe”, gourmet restaurant awarded with 2 Michelin star, offers an exquisitely refined cuisine created by the Executive Chef, Giuseppe Mancino, that is enriched and set off by a well-stocked wine list that can be appreciated in the elegant and exclusive indoor veranda on the ground floor overlooking the sea promenade.
The Maitò Viareggio panoramic restaurant in Versilia welcomes its guests to the enchanting Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte. This scenic restaurant is in the exquisite terrace on the 5th and last floor of the Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte and is open for lunch and dinner. The Maitò Viareggio restaurant gives you a breathtaking view of Versilia’s sea and coastline and the Apuan Alps.
Maitò is the ideal place to dine in Viareggio and discover the tastes and sensations of the past. The mood of the restaurant’s Versiliese style is typical of all of Versilia’s shoreline restaurants with their relaxed atmosphere.
This seafood restaurant in Viareggio offers exquisitely traditional, but simple dishes. Classic Tuscan recipes as well as Versiliesi and Italian dishes with a modern twist and high-quality ingredients in a refined contemporary style, it offers a breathtaking view of the sea in an enchanting setting and our pool-side tables on summer nights give you the luxury of a unique dining service.
The exclusive La Terrazza Rooftop Bar is on the top floor of the Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte in Tuscany. The bar is on a beautiful panoramic terrace that offers you a breathtaking view of the Versilia coastline and the Apuan Alps. On clear days, you can admire the islands of the Tuscan archipelago and the Ligurian coast.
The Terrazza Rooftop Bar is an elegant rooftop bar created with the finest features in mind. The most precious feature is its white Carrara marble countertop which reflects the lights inside the bar like a precious jewel.
The refined Champagnerie corner offers guests a fully sensorial experience they will never forget. The expert staff can create excellent cocktails our guests will enjoy while watching the colors of the horizon as the sun and sea meet.
The bar is on a beautiful panoramic terrace that offers you a breathtaking view of the Versilia coastline and the Apuan Alps. On clear days, you can admire the islands of the Tuscan archipelago and the Ligurian coast.
• The amazing rooftop pool with spectacular views over the coast and the Apuan Alps, has waterfalls and Jacuzzi areas. Heated in winter is created to give relaxing moments throughout the year. The spa offers, a wide range of facial and body treatments, sauna, Turkish-bath, kneipp course, chromo and aromatherapy showers, relaxation area and many beauty and holistic services. Multisensory experience of scents, colours and music to regenerate the senses and relax the mind. On the fifth floor there is also the fitness center with modern machinery where guests can work-out enjoying the view.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
Golf clubs close to the hotel,
Yoga on request, Diving,
Bird-watching in the Nature Park of Migliarino San Rossore Massaciuccoli,
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Two Michelin Stars restaurant « Il Piccolo Principe » – 2021
Number of employees