Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte Italy
Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte
Piazza Puccini 1, Viareggio, 55049 (LU)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Max Venturelli is the General Manager of Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte
Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte is a 5* star hotel member of “The Leading Hotels of the world”
Since its origin, Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte is the symbol of elegance and hospitality on the coast of Tuscany. Nowadays the Principe is unquestionably one of the world’s most historic and elegant hotels. Your personal luxury since 1922.
GRAND HOTEL PRINCIPE DI PIEMONTE
History & Story
The Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte emits a soul reminiscent of the Belle Époque, where intellectuals and celebrities used to gather in the roaring 20s. It’s now embellished with modern nuances after a careful and extensive renovation.
The hotel, located in Viareggio, in the Tuscan Riviera, is the gateway to Portofino & Cinque Terre and a short drive to glamorous Forte dei Marmi, offering a range of activities from high-end shopping to exclusive beach clubs and restaurants.
There’s a vast selection gastronomic experiences on property, from the award-winning breakfast to the 2 Michelin starred Il Piccolo Principe, the more casual-chic Maitò Viareggio, located in the property’s rooftop that features a panoramic infinity pool, where guests can also enjoy haute mixology cocktails with extensive views.
The Spa offers a vast range of treatments and massages, as well as a Finnish sauna, a Turkish bath, a salidarium, sensory showers and a gym.
Exclusive accommodations, including a Stefano Ricci designed Presidential suite, and various spacious sea view options, wrap up a complete experience for a diserning clientele looking for luxury heritage with a fresh, contemporary touch.
The restyiling project began at the end of 2020 and It has been completed in 2023. It is aimed at enhancing and elevating its identity: an elegant historical building and luxury holiday destination par excellence. Through the changes that this renovation has brought, the hotel is renewed while continuing to be a point of reference for luxury, excellence, uniqueness. The new look, together with the refined and exclusive service and attention to detail, creates an unforgettable experience just like at the beginning of its grandeur, thanks to the exaltation of detail, the play of light of mirrors and gold, the ancient doors.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Versilia’s Grand Hotel, freshly revived
• Located in the Tuscan Riviera, with easy access to Forte dei Marmi, Portofino and Cinque Terre
• F&B excellence with a 2 Michelin star restaurant, haute mixology and an award winning breakfast
• Full wellness facilities including a gym, water zone and treatment rooms
• Exclusive spacious accommodations, exhaling a mix of heritage and contemporaneity
The prestigious Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte is located in the seaside resort of Viareggio in front of the sea between the beach and the pine forest. Viareggio’s promenade is full of boutiques, shops, typical restaurants and nightclubs. Just 25 minutes from Pisa International airport, it is the perfect location to discover also Cinque Terre just 50 min away, Forte dei Marmi – 15 minutes – and the historical cities of Lucca and Pisa -25 minutes. Also Florence can be included in a day journey since it is just 1 hour by car.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Pisa (30 km)
• Cinque Terre (50 km)
• Lucca (25 km)
• Florence (90 km)
• Chianti (100 km)
At Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte children are welcome and we have beautiful and comfortable Family rooms, 2 Bedroom Suites or 3 Bedroom Suites for large families.
• Number of rooms in all: 80 rooms (including 32 Suite) are on five floors. All rooms feature: LCD TV, adjustable air conditioning, safe, tasteful bed lines, elegant courtesy line, Free wi-fi, satellite channels, coffee & tea maker, Minibar. Four comfortable pillows, 2 of which are feather pillows and two are hypoallergenic.
• Classic rooms, face the inner courtyard. They have a minimum surface of 16sqm (172 sqf).
• Superior rooms, have side sea view or front sea view and have a minimum area of 22 sqm (236 sqf). Some of them feature a balcony.
• Deluxe rooms, hillside view or side sea view. Minimum surface area is 28 sqm (301 sqf)
• Family room, consists of two interconnected superior rooms with sea view or internal view, for a total of minimum 44 sqm (474 sqf).
• Junior Suite and Suite, almost all of them face the magnificent Viareggio’s promenade. Some of them can be interconnected to a Superior room turning into a Two Bedrooms Suite.
Restaurants & Bars
“Il Piccolo Principe”, gourmet restaurant awarded with 2 Michelin star, offers an exquisitely refined cuisine created by the Executive Chef, Giuseppe Mancino, that is enriched and set off by a well-stocked wine list that can be appreciated in the elegant and exclusive indoor veranda on the ground floor overlooking the sea promenade.
The Maitò Viareggio panoramic restaurant in Versilia welcomes its guests to the enchanting Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte. This scenic restaurant is in the exquisite terrace on the 5th and last floor of the Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte and is open for lunch and dinner. The Maitò Viareggio restaurant offers a breathtaking view of Versilia’s sea and coastline and the Apuan Alps.
Maitò is the ideal place to dine in Viareggio and discover the tastes and sensations of the past. The mood of the restaurant’s Versiliese style is typical of all of Versilia’s shoreline restaurants with their relaxed atmosphere.
This seafood restaurant in Viareggio offers exquisitely traditional, but simple dishes. Classic Tuscan recipes as well as Versiliesi and Italian dishes with a modern twist and high-quality ingredients in a refined contemporary style, it offers a breathtaking view of the sea in an enchanting setting and our pool-side tables on summer nights give you the luxury of a unique dining service.
The exclusive La Terrazza Rooftop Bar is on the top floor of the Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte in Tuscany. The bar is on a beautiful panoramic terrace that offers you a breathtaking view of the Versilia coastline and the Apuan Alps. On clear days, you can admire the islands of the Tuscan archipelago and the Ligurian coast.
• The amazing rooftop relax pool with spectacular views over the coast and the Apuan Alps, has waterfalls and Jacuzzi areas. Heated in winter is created to give relaxing moments throughout the year. The spa offers, a wide range of facial and body treatments, antiage sun shower, sauna, Turkish-bath, kneipp course, chromo and aromatherapy showers, relaxation area and many beauty and holistic services. Multisensory experience of scents, colours and music to regenerate the senses and relax the mind.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
• Golf clubs close to the hotel,
• Cooking class,
• Wine tasting,
• Yoga on request, Diving,
• Water Sports,
• Bird-watching in the Nature Park of Migliarino San Rossore Massaciuccoli,
• Horseback riding
• Private boat tour to Cinque Terre and Portofino
• Private tour Carrara Marble Quarries
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Two Michelin Stars restaurant « Il Piccolo Principe » – 2024
• # 1 Best Breakfast in Italy – 50 Top Italy
Number of employees