Grand Hotel Victoria Concept & Spa Italy
Grand Hotel Victoria concept & spa
Via B. Castelli 9/13, 22017 Menaggio (Lago di Como)
R Collection Hotels
Privately owned – Family owned
Date of Creation
First opening March 1892
Hotel General Manager
Mr Marco Montagnani who joined the hotel before the reopening. He is dedicated, together with the team, to provide an excellent service yet in a relaxed and smart environment.
5-star Luxury ; Small Luxury Hotels of the World; Condé Nast Johansens
GRAND HOTEL VICTORIA Concept & Spa
History & Story
The Grand Hotel Victoria concept & spa is the new 5-star luxury expression on Lake Como. A completely renovated masterpiece located in the heart of Menaggio with breathtaking views on the surrounding iconic landscape. The hotel reopened its doors in March 2021 after 2 years of refurbishment works, however it has a longer history as it was originally built in 1890 and first opened in 1892. During the recent works the 19th century Villa has been completely renovated still maintaining and highlighting its historic elements; at the same time a new Palazzo has been added for a total of 81 rooms. The historic Villa and the new Palazzo harmoniously come together offering a perfect Italian-style hospitality and a decoration that superbly reflects the transition between past and present. The atmosphere is enriched by beautiful gardens and relaxing areas and surrounded by breathtaking views of the lake and its mountains. Rooms and suites offer an elegant atmosphere inspired by the traditions from the lake and reimagined in a modern way, they are the portrait of an innovative and contemporary design.
The hotel has been completely renovated between September 2018 and February 2021 under the guidance of the architect Mr Franco Pè who has closely cooperated with local companies and artisans to bring Lake Como inside the Grand Hotel Victoria.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Grand Hotel Victoria is located along the shores of Lake Como and most importantly a couple of steps away from the heart of the charming village of Menaggio. Guests can enjoy a picturesque walk along the pedestrian promenade to reach the piazza where to find restaurants, bars, gelateria or do some shopping at the local boutiques.
The experience becomes unparalleled at the ERRE SPA where time stops and the body regenerates in an exclusive refuge for the soul. ERRE SPA is the place where each Guest feels wonderfully unique and at the center of an unforgettable experience and where the nature is protagonist in every single area.
The hotel has a central location along the shores of Lake Como in the heart of Menaggio which is a lively village where Guests can easily walk around to discover the local attractions.
Grand Hotel Victoria also features its own private access by boat and offers private transfer or tour service thanks to its Erre Water Limousine.
Key sites/activities in the area
Grand Hotel Victoria is the ideal starting point to do both some relaxing explorations by boat discovering the most charming villages such as Bellagio or the noble villas and botanic gardens around the lake, but also do go for a more adventurous journey in the Northern part of the lake where to enjoy water sports such as sailing boats, windsurf and kite surf.
Also why not exploring Switzerland with a day trip to Lugano and its lake directly connected to Menaggio in 30 mins by car.
During the Belle Epoque, Grand Hotel Victoria hosted noble European families travelling from the Swiss Engadin region, trailed by carriages, loads of luggage, hat boxes and the promise of an unforgettable holiday. The sumptuous staircases, chandeliers and halls adorned with stucco and gilded friezes still testifies the splendor of that Art Nouveau era. Today, the irresistible charm that has endured for over a century has a new look, thanks to an attentive renovation that has conferred contemporary form and function to the majesty of materials from another era.
Grand Hotel Victoria offers connecting solutions composed by 2 or 3 bedrooms ideal to accommodate families travelling with kids. Babysitting service is available as well as dedicated activities such as private swim instructor for kids.
• Grand Hotel Victoria has a total of 81 rooms between the Villa and the Palazzo. All bedrooms have a king size bed with possibility of twins; all bathrooms feature a walk-in shower, some also has a bath tub.
• 33 Junior Suites & Suites
• Loft Junior Suite lake view 30 sqm, they are located on the top floor of the Villa
• Junior Suite park or lake view from 35 to 45 sqm, some with balcony
• Suite park or lake view from 50 to 60 sqm
• Exclusive Suite lake view 55 sqm, ideal for those looking for the ultimate privacy as they feature a living room separate from the bedroom
• Terrace Suite lake view 55 sqm, signature suite with a private 20-sqm terrace and breathtaking views over Bellagio, Varenna and the lake.
• 48 Luxury rooms
• These rooms overlook either the Grand Hotel Victoria gardens and outdoor pool or the surrounding village and mountains.
• Deluxe Room courtyard view from 25 to 45 sqm
• Prestige Room park view 30 sqm
• Executive Room park view 40 sqm
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all : 81
Restaurants & Bars
Grand Hotel Victoria is home of taste and wines of excellence.
The Lago Restaurant is located in a front lake view veranda where in a casual atmosphere Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Chef proposes Italian cuisine with a touch of lake tradition.
A journey of the senses in search of innovative flavors with contemporary combinations immersed in an extravagant and pop setting.
An exclusive and elegant lounge bar with a sophisticated ambience where to enjoy aperitifs or mixology.
POOL BAR GRISO
Pool Bar Griso is surrounded by a lush private garden by the pool and serves delicious snacks and cocktails in full relaxation.
ERRE SPA, where time stops and the mind regenerates in a refined Italian-style design that modernizes the concept of pure Wellness.
Enchanting water paths with aroma and chromo therapy play with the senses in the tropical and waterfalls showers and through the Kneipp path. The starlight sky of the exclusive jacuzzi and the sweet waters of the indoor pool lull the Guests thoughts.
Aromas and essences spread among the vapours of the Mediterranean and steam baths while the precious wood of the two saunas offers a body warmth. The Himalayan salt room rebalances the vital energies and the Ice Room invigorates the body muscles.
Depending on one’s Breath, Balance, Energy and Harmony Guests will be cuddled in the homonymous beauty cabins where the SPA Staff will enhance the wellness experience with specialized techniques and methods, with cosmetic products and facial/body rituals uniquely tailor made.
A total comfort zone in the Lake silent room and in the Fire room composed of a four-meter fireplace, modern chaise long and of enveloping cocoons to lull the thoughts.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The exclusive location between mountains and lake and the refined and magnificent Italian style dating back to the end of the 19th century make the Grand Hotel Victoria the perfect place for an event. The meeting rooms are suitable for all kinds of experience, from the business meeting to the most special occasion, thanks to the perfect fusion between the elegance of the furnishings and the advanced technologies. 4 meeting rooms for a maximum capacity of 90 people theatre style. The garden that surrounds the rooms offers privacy and quietness, so it could be a perfect setting for a business breaks.
Extra Notable Features
• Private pier for tours and transfer with the ERRE Water Limousine
• The Menaggio & Cadenabbia Golf Club is the second most historic golf course in Italy and it is the ideal place where to spend a day not just for golf lovers, but also for those who are looking for a peaceful atmosphere surrounded by a lush vegetation and with incomparable lake views. It is reachable thanks to a complimentary transfer by the Grand Hotel Victoria e-shuttle with an easy 10 mins ride. Once at the golf club the Grand Hotel Victoria Guests can enjoy a lunch or dinner at the ERRE restaurant which is managed by the hotel itself.
• For those looking for a “hands-on” experience the Chef is also pleased to share his inspiration with personalized cooking classes followed by lunch or dinner.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees