HOTEL ALFONSO XIII, SPAIN
Hotel Alfonso XIII
C/ San Fernando 2 41004, Seville
The Luxury Collection – Marriott
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Italian by nationality, Carlo Suffredini returned to the Hotel Alfonso XIII in 2006 to take up his position as General Manager. Mr. Suffredini has spent 30 years working for the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Inc. Chain, all over the world and amongst others, he has managed emblematic hotels such as the Hotel Westin Palace in Madrid. Representing the Hotel Alfonso XIII, Carlo Suffredini is an active member of the European Hotel Managers Association.
5* GL –The Luxury Collection
To maintain the hotel’s position in the ranking, as one of the most emblematic and luxurious hotels in Europe.
HOTEL ALFONSO XIII
History & Story
Commissioned by the King of Spain to play host to international dignitaries during the 1929 Exhibition, Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel remains an iconic cultural landmark, centrally located in the historic quarter of Santa Cruz, next to Reales Alcázares and Seville Cathedral. The hotel’s distinguished architecture and Moorish detailing have been enriched, showcasing native Andalusian design and heritage to a new generation of traveler. The hotel’s elegant décor, from the lobby to the inner courtyard, continues to reflect Sevillian style. This ambience also pervades our outdoor swimming pool and gardens, which entice guests to relax and refresh under the warm Andalusian sun.
Hotel Alfonso offers 126 guestrooms and 22 luxurious suites that represent the true history and charm of the city. The most sumptuous accommodations are the Torreón Suite, with unique city views, the Reales Alcázares Suite, inspired in a Regal romance, and the Royal Suite, containing unique pieces of artwork.
2012 – Full hotel renovation
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Location, Historic landmark, A Luxury Collection Hotel, iconic hotel.
Key sites/activities in the area
• To see: Royal Palace, Giralda Tower, Cathedral, Golden Tower, Guadalquivir River Banks, Plaza de España, Santa Cruz neighborhood. Museums: Bellas Artes, Fine arts museum, Museo del baile flamenco.
• To do: Flamenco shows, Carriage tours, Private walking tours, Private boat trips, Jogging tours, Tapas tours.
• Family activities: (Isla Mágica (amusement park), Giralda Tower, Boats Plaza España, Aquopolis (water park)
At one time, the ground floor was the hotel’s finest area, housing the most impressive suites. Later on, a hand-operated lift using a hand-crank system was installed. Today, the function rooms and the restaurant are located on the ground floor.The interior of the hotel is still decorated with the original tiles, which are divided into two styles: hand produced and painted tiles by craftsmen from the Triana district and the highly recognizable Mensaque tiles with their characteristic shine. The crystal chandeliers in the Function Rooms around the court to the are made from French Bohemian crystal and date back hotel’s first opening. The gardens also conserve original elements, such as the Coral Tree, a protected specimen at the hotel’s entrance and some of the indigenous plants and bushes. There are still some samples of exotic plants brought for the Ibero-American Exhibition, amongst which are a banana tree and several avocado plants.
Number of suites: 22
Number of Luxury rooms: 126
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant San Fernando : Lunch and dinner with a full à la carte menu featuring modern interpretations of Spanish classics to married with an extensive wine list. On Sundays, the patio and surroundings are infused with live piano notes; the perfect combination to the culinary delights of Seville´s best brunch.
• Restaurant ENA: Ena is a space for tasting aperitifs, sharing tapas, and sipping cocktails and wines, where the Andalusian and the Catalonian culinary personalities are uniquely and exquisitely merged
• Pool Bar: Located by the pool. Seasonal.
• Bar Americano: Its inspiring atmosphere invites to savour an aperitif before dining or to discover the unique combinations curated in its extensive cocktail menu.
• Fitness centre
• Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)
Extra Notable Features
• MIMO: Mimo is Spain’s premiere culinary experience company, focused on creating memorable and unique gastronomic experiences for travelers and groups. From our shop and tasting room we offer a sherry and ham carving class, Vega Sicilia tastings, tapas and flamenco tours, cooking classes.
• Antique Shop
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Conde Nast Readers’ Choice Awards 2017/ Top Hotels in Spain & Portugal
• List of World’s Best Hotels Awards, 2015 / Travel + Leisure
• List of Best Hotels & Resorts Reader’s Choice Awards 2014 / Condé Nast Traveler
• Best Urban Hotel in Spain 2013 / Condé Nast Traveler
Number of employees