Camiral Golf & Wellness Spain
Camiral Golf & Wellness
Carretera NII km 701, 17455 Caldes de Malavella
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5-star Luxury LHW
Located in PGA Golf Resort, Camiral reopening in 2016 will be followed by new leisure facilities and services like the new forest park, thevineyards, the horse center, the new spa or the lake to positioning it as a true leader in service.
Camiral Golf & Wellness
History & Story
Serving up clean lines, tranquillity and fine hospitality Camiral Golf & Wellness, previously known as PGA Catalunya, is located just an hour’s drive from Barcelona. Set in over 500 hectares of landscaped lawns and Mediterranean forest, Catalonia‘s healthiest retreat is ideal for travellers looking to reconnect with nature and embrace a little adventure. With stylish contemporary decor, two acclaimed golf courses and a new state-of-the-art wellness centre at its heart, this welcoming resort promises the luxury of light, space and a host of active pursuits.
Located in the centre of the resort, the light-filled and luxurious 5-star hotel offers sophistication and first-class facilities. Designed by Spanish designer Lazaro Rosa-Violan, a sleek contemporary exterior contrasts with richly textured interiors that blend modern aesthetics with natural furnishings and fabrics. 138 beautifully-designed rooms and suites each include airy living spaces, wooden floors, hand-painted tiles and local linens. In 2022, Camiral Golf & Wellness launches its new Camiral Suites designed by Bryan O’Sullivan Studio. With wellness at the core of Camiral, Bryan O’Sullivan Studio has created seven timeless and elegant suites reflecting the hotel’s grounding holistic ethos.
2016. Full hotel renovation done by Lázaro Rosa Violán
2022. New Camiral Suites designed by Bryan O’Sullivan studio. Bryan O’Sullivan Studio has created seven timeless and elegant suites reflecting the hotel’s grounding holistic ethos.
The double sized Camiral Suites are directly connected to the Wellness Centre which promotes health and wellbeing with the support of the latest state-of-the-art technology. Bryan O’Sullivan Studio, the design team behind the Berkeley Bar and Terrace in London and The Maybourne Riviera in Monaco, carefully considered the flow of the room and how it connects both with the Wellness Centre, the extensive grounds and the overall healthy ethos of the resort. The interior design studio equipped the suites with furniture and lighting sourced or manufactured in Europe to reduce carbon emissions, while selecting locally sourced materials including stones and woods for both their inherent design qualities and their sustainable credentials.
Each suite is designed to support guests’ wellbeing by providing ample living spaces inside and out, including a sitting room, walk-in dressing room, bathroom and bedroom with a double balcony that incorporates sitting and dining furniture as well as biophilic planting. At 72m square in size, the suites offer the luxury of space and light in an apartment-style layout, with a wall of full-length windows looking out over the pool and more than 1,300 acres of Mediterranean forest, connecting with nature.
2021. New Wellness Centre: The resort’s latest offering is a deeply-considered Wellness Centre spanning some 1,000 square metres. Thoughtful natural rituals are designed to revive, restore and inspire, and specialist support and supervision is provided by a caring, professional team and medical partners including vitamins expert Dr Saskia Kloppenburg and Mireia Cervera, nutritionist of the Flax and Kale group. Next-generation technology reaches areas hands cannot, using targeted equipment that is normally only available at medical clinics or elite athlete facilities including cryotherapy, oxygen chamber therapy, photobiomodulation and IV infusions.
Whilst tailor made programmes are sculpted to each individual’s needs, there are also wellbeing packages including retreats devised for detoxing, aging well and boosting immunity as well as effective sports recovery programmes.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Camiral Golf & Wellness has long been committed to environmental conservation and sustainability. In 2013, it was the first European Tour destination to receive the GEO Certificate from the Golf Environment Organization. In 2020, it received the IAGTO Sustainability Award for Nature Protection in recognition of excellence in environmental and social responsibility.
Between Girona and Costa Brava and just 1 hour from Barcelona. Placed in the Catalonia countryside and near of beautiful medieval towns like Peratallada, Monells or Pals and fishing villages like Calella de Palafrugell.
Conveniently situated close to Girona-Costa Brava Airport (five-minute drive) and Barcelona International Airport (one-hour drive), the venue also benefits from the high-speed train line that links Girona (approximately 15 kilometres from Camiral Golf & Wellness) to the rest of Spain and Europe, which provides even faster connections to major cities, including Barcelona, which can now be reached in just 37 minutes.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Girona, medieval town
• More than 15 restaurants with Michelin stars are close to the resort like El Celler de Can Roca
• Camí de Ronda, Costa Brava road to discover small beaches, fishing villages and local gastronomy
• Camí Ral and Vies Veres, biking or walking paths to discover the area. Cami Ral connects Spain with France and cross the resort (it is the inspiration of our name).
• The Dalí Triangle. The Dalí Triangle refers to the trio of museums where the artist lived and worked, and which house a large number of his artworks. For a complete tour of the Dalí Triangle, start in Figueres with the Dalí Theatre-Museum. Then head to the coast to the artist’s former home in Portlligat, next to Cadaqués… before returning inland to the village of Púbol and the medieval castle that Dalí bought for his wife, Gala.
• Camiral Golf & Wellness produce its own eco and organic wine (Rose, White and Red) and its own organic honey from its resident’s bees.
• Central to the Camiral name is the reference to the Camí Ral, an ancient Roman route connecting Spain and France, which runs through our resort, the sea and mountains.
• 1477 restaurant placed in 5-star hotel and lead by chef David Vives. 1477 was the year the first cookbook was written in the Catalan language by a chef to the King of Naples.
• Kids Club
Available for children between 3 and 12 years old during high season.
• Forest Park
Hidden in the resort’s woodland, this exciting forest adventure features adrenalin-pumping zip lines and wooden bridges in the trees.
• Number of suites: 16
• Presidential Suite. Our first-floor signature suite blends stylish design with the resort’s spectacular natural setting. Floor to ceiling windows provide uninterrupted views of the Tour Golf Course, against the striking backdrop of the Pyrenees. An entrance hall leads to a spacious living room and private dining area. The 154m2 duplex suite also features two luxurious bedrooms and bathrooms, and a large terrace. The gentle palette of colours is accented by bespoke pieces of furniture and art. Deep sofas, footstools and decadent shag-pile rugs combine to make this suite a luxury home away from home.
• Camiral Suites. With direct access to the Wellness Centre, these spacious 72 sq m suites have been designed by Bryan O’Sullivan Studio to exude relaxation from the moment you enter, using the warmth of natural oak to bring in an earthy feel, and soft lighting with lamps and ceiling troughs which help give a warm, diffuse glow. As well as this large living space, the room features a 12 sq m balcony area, giving you the space to relax in the warm Mediterranean climate.
• Duplex Suites. These spacious rooms have floor to ceiling windows and private balconies, and boast superb views of the Tour Golf Course, our stunning landscaped gardens and swimming pool.
• Junior Suites. Its comfortable, stylish living spaces are beautifully furnished with contemporary pieces sourced from local Catalan designers.
• With its restful décor and subtle lighting, the suite offers an oasis of calm for busy guests.
• To complete the picture, a private terrace affords panoramic views of the Tour Golf Course and the Mediterranean countryside.
• Number of Luxury rooms:
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 138
• Superior Deluxe Rooms. Approximately 32m2 + 6m2 terrace with views to the swimming pool and Tour Course.
• Family Rooms. Created with families in mind, these spacious, interconnected rooms consist of one king room and one twin room as well as a living space – great for spending time in when the children are asleep – as well as two bathrooms. From the layout to the exclusive in-room amenities, every decision has been considered with children and parents in mind.
• Deluxe Rooms. Approximately 32m2. Our Standard rooms have uninterrupted views of the landscaped gardens through panoramic windows
Restaurants & Bars
All restaurants are led by David Vives, executive chef at Camiral Golf & Wellness, who has been working in El Celler de Can Roca for more than 10 years.
• 1477 Restaurant. Catalan influences are weaved throughout our menu expertly blending a hint of European flair into the mix.
• Lounge Bar. With the finest selection of wines and liqueurs – and with plenty of Catalan-inspired tapas dishes.
• Bella’s. Serving authentic Italian food lovingly made with locally grown ingredients
• The Club Café. From light bites and tapas to fresh desserts, our seasonal menu is packed with clubhouse classics with a modern twist.
• Wellness Centre. The resort’s deeply-considered Wellness Centre spans over 1,000 square metres, offering a full wellbeing programme built on holistic principles, inviting pure relaxation and promoting long-lasting benefits. Thoughtful natural rituals are designed to revive, restore and inspire, and specialist support and supervision is provided by a caring, professional team and medical partners including Dr Saskia Kloppenburg for IV infusions and Mireia Cervera, nutritionist of the Flax & Kale group.
• GYM. Beside the Wellness Centre is placed the new GYM with latest TECHNOGYM equipment and a yoga studio.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 10 meeting & events rooms up to 400 persons
• Banqueting kitchen
• Tema building activities available on site
Extra Notable Features
• Golf-. Two championship 18 hole courses ranked among the best in Europe.
• Golf Hub – Golf brings the most advanced swing analysis technology combined with the ball-tracking system used on the Tour. Boasting one of the largest practice facilities in Europe, Golf Hub also includes a large natural grass practice tee, including a private teeing area for members, and a 2,000 square-meter putting green and chipping area, with five bunkers each containing different sand types.
• Tennis and Paddle courts.
• Bike Tours.
Hotel and Restaurants Awards
• Nº 1 Golf Resort in Spain (Golf World)
• Inside the TOP 20 Best Golf Resorts in the World (Golf Word)
• Best New Facility for our Wellness Centre (Golf INC)
• IAGTO Award for Nature Protection (2020)
Number of employees