Hotel Castelbrac France
17 avenue George V
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Sophie BANNIER, Operations Manager
5 star luxury hotel
History & Story
Built by the English Faber family who founded Dinard, the villa has seen succession for 130 years, starting with an English colonel, a hero of the Crimean War – Robert William Hamilton. Then came the cream-of-the crop of the French National Scientific Research Museum of Natural History – Commander Jean-Baptiste Charcot. The pride of the founders of this seaside resort and marine station, the great history came through the gates of Castelbrac.
Juin 2015 Sandra BENHAMOU Name Of Designer
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Historical building : former Commandant Charcot office and former Aquarium of Dinard
• The whole buildings and rooms are facing the sea
• Private yacht
• Spa Suite by THEMAE and by GEMOLOGY – Swimming Corridor
Dinard is located just opposite Cézembre, an island off the coast that has a large south-facing beach. It also faces Grand Bé where Chateaubriand was buried, as well as the Fort de la Conchée built by Vauban, and the lighthouse of Grand Jardin. An hour or two of sailing will get you to the Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey, Sark), the Minquiers and Bréhat. Overall, this is an outstanding body of water for sailing and fishing just one mile off the coast. It’s no wonder that beach resorts like St. Briac, St-Lunaire, Saint-Cast, and of course Dinard, would be coiled together along this liquid gem at the end of the nineteenth century. Sport, fine dining and culture run throughout the year to celebrate the Côte d’Emeraude and the open water is a paradise for sailors and fishermen. It was here that the « Dinard golf course » was created, the third in France, as well as the first tennis club in France.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Dinard is located near to the Mont Saint Michel (one hour driving) and the Landing Beaches
• Sea trip, massages, sports lessons, yoga session, nautical activities, mixology lessons. Lots of different activities and for all tastes are offered
• Dinard Elegance in June
• Jumping de Dinard in August
• Festival du Film Britannique de Dinard in September
Children are welcome
Castelbrac propose connecting room
Open since June 2015, Castelbrac’s 5 stars hotel with its 23 rooms and suites is composed of three buildings, each having its own character forged through the ages. The rooms are pleasantly integrated, offer a variety of space, and are all oriented toward the sea. The atmosphere is serene. From the Superior Room to the Prestige Terrace Suite, all offer the same comfort and upscale amenities. Some rooms are also available for people with reduced mobility, while others allow for joining rooms by private corridor, especially suitable for families with children.
Restaurants & Bars
• Pourquoi Pas Restaurant: Julien Hennote, our chef, welcomes you to the Pourquoi Pas restaurant, nestled in the intimate setting of the former Natural History Museum.
The Art Deco style restaurant opens onto the Belvedere terrace with its sublime view of the Saint-Malo and the Prieuré Bay.
• Aquarium Bar: Installed in the former aquarium of the National Museum of Natural History, the bar offers a wide menu to discover in a calm atmosphere.
• Charcot Lounge: You can relax with a pastry and a tea. Let yourself be transported back in time, and enjoy Tea Time in this warm and cosy atmosphere.
• Spa Suite by Thémaé offer body and face treatments with Thémaé products, combination of tea and spring water.
• Spa Suite by Gemology: Enhance your skin with radiance thanks to the range of care products with precious and semi-precious stones and powerful cosmetic active ingredients
Corporate & Celebration Events
Castelbrac is an exceptional destination and the right place to organise your seminars, business meals, private and incentives events. Our seminar room or our Suite is the ideal space to bring together teams in an extraordinary setting, with a sea view.
Castelbrac offers an exceptional reception and wedding venue : The Savheol Villa. A sumptuous property with an invigorating atmosphere, on the seafront. A villa and its park offer you calm and privacy in an exceptional landscaped setting. This place is perfect to live and celebrate with family or friends, the most beautiful events of life
Extra Notable Features
Castelbrac has its own private boat for guests to discover the Côte d’Emeraude and surrounding islands (available during spring and summer). Stylish and powerful, the Fou de Bassan is a 12-metre speedboat rigorously adapted to sailing in Brittany. Castelbrac is the only hotel in Brittany and Normandy to offer its guests the opportunity to discover the coast, on board an exceptional boat
Hotel and restaurant Awards
1 michelin star
Tripadvisor Traveler’s Choice 2023
Number of employees