Hotel Castello and Waterfront Suites Forte Village Resort Italy
Hotel Castello and Waterfront Suites
Forte Village Resort
S.S. 195 km 39,600 – 09010 Forte Village (CA) Sardinia,
Your hotel’s accurate GPS coordinates
Eleganzia Hotels & Spas
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Lorenzo Giannuzzi, Managing Director Progetto Esmeralda Srl. A Graduate of Lausanne, Cornell and Wharton. Former Managing Director of Le Meridien Hotels & Resorts in Italy and Switzerland and Vice President Caribbean & Western Atlantic Forte Hotels & Resorts.
5 Star luxury beach resort. Private gated park ideal for couples and families. The best hotel for Leisure Facilities on The Golden List of Conde Nast Traveller
Over the past 4 years Forte Village has invested more than €50m in new facilities, refurbishment and innovative services to keep its guests extremely happy. The 2019 season underscores the resorts’ star power acclaim as it adds two more luxurious villas, an extensive refurbishment program for the Hotel Castello rooms and suites, new one-of-a-kind restaurants and another two pool.
Hotel Castello and Waterfront Suites Forte Village Resort
History & Story
Set in 47 hectares of lush gardens spread along a beautiful white sand beach on the tranquil south coast of Sardinia, this charming Italian resort was created by Lord Charles Forte. The Hotel Castello resides in a private corner near the beach while the nearby Waterfront suites directly look out onto the blue Mediterranean. Guests can enjoy a piazza with evening entertainment and shops, 21 restaurants in high season, visiting Michelin starred chefs, lots to do for children, a world-class spa, a spectacular Oasis pool area, and world-class shows in the new Forte Arena.
Castello all bedrooms newly refurbished. New Oasis pool area, new Children’s Wonderland, new sports academies, renewed thalasso spa.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Safe, tranquil location on the beautiful south coast of Sardinia. Lavish gardens with space for all. The variety of activities, facilities, things to do and excellent restaurants and world class spa, all in one place. Heated sea view pool. Luxury accommodation, lavish Castello suites on the 4th and 5th floors, and Waterfront
Elmas airport at Cagliari, the capital of Sardinia, is just a 45 minute flight from Rome, a one hour flight from Milan, or a two hour flight from London. Cagliari to the Forte Village is just 45 kilometers.
Key sites/activities in the area
A destination in itself, the Forte Village has a charming piazza and 40 boutiques. Pula, the nearest small town, is just 10km away, it has a piazza and local shops and is close to the ancient ruins of Nora with its Roman amphitheatre. The coast road from Forte Village to Teulada has perhaps the most spectacular coastal views in Italy. Cagliari, the island’s capital, is just 45km away. Visit Su Nuraxi to see the Nuraghe left by ancient Sardinian civilisations at Barumini. The colourful festival of Saint’ Efisio on 1st May every year is celebrated with a long procession from Cagliari to Pula with horse riders and people in traditional costumes.
Forte Village is a green resort with 47 hectares of green space, more than 15,000 trees, 2 million plants and countless bushes and flowers.
Nursery for infants up to 2 years. Children’s Wonderland has paddling pools, a Barbie™ Activity Centre, Mario’s Village with miniature shops and a Thomas the Tank Engine station. 10 sports academies with lessons by sports legends and Chelsea soccer professionals: football, rugby, basketball, netball, swimming, boxing, tennis, table tennis, cricket and the Bike Academy plus waterports and Leisureland with go-karts, bowling and a disco. Marvin’s magic academy. Also Italian cooking lessons by gourmet chefs.
Number of rooms: Hotel Castello 169 rooms, 8 suites; 12 Waterfront Suites 41 Bungalows, total 230 rooms.
• Cala del Forte – Waterfront suite – Waterfront sea direct
• Boat House – Waterfront suite – Waterfront sea direct
• Beachcomber – Waterfront Suite – Waterfront sea direct
• Royal Suite – Castello Suite – Panoramic sea view
• Presidential Suite – Castello Suite – Panoramic sea view
• Suite Imperiale – Castello Suite – Panoramic sea view
• Suite Nora – Castello Suite – Sea views
• Suite Bithia – Castello Suite – Sea view terrace
• Junior Suite – Castello Suite – Sea or pine views
• Suite Charme – Castello Suite – Sea or pine views
• Executive Deluxe Mare – Castello – Sea view
• Prestige Plus – Castello – Sea side
• Prestige – Castello – Sea side
• De Luxe Room Patio – Castello – Ground floor gardens
Restaurants & Bars
- All rates are in Euro per person per day inclusive of service, VAT and local taxes on a half board basis which includes buffet breakfast and dinner, excluding drinks, in a choice of restaurants.
- The main restaurant of the Hotel Castello is the Cavalieri Restaurant with a buffet and show cooking. Alternative restaurants included in the HB are : Pineta Buffet, Forte Grill, Sardinian and Brazilian.
- Restaurants with a supplement : Belvedere, Le Dune, Heinz Beck, Da Rocca Iannone, La Terrazza San Domenico, The Cinnamon Club, Hell’s Kitchen, Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia.
- Guests staying in luxury rooms such as all Castello Suites and Waterfront Suites, Executive Mare, Prestige Plus, Prestige and Deluxe Room Patio have Belvedere and Le Dune also included in the half board.
• Set in tropical gardens
• 6 thalasso pools
• Aesthetic medicine
• Ayurvedic park and massages
• Beauty therapy, anti aging
• Laser treatment for back pain
• Sports performance Centre
• Sisley Beauty & Spa Boutique
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Arena, open air theatre under the stars for 5000 people
• Pala Forte, 2000 delegates
• Conference Centre, 900 delegates
• 20 meeting rooms, 45 syndicate rooms
• Over 50 meeting and social area venues
• Team building with sports and go-karts
Extra Notable Features
• Beautiful soft white sand beach
• Piazza Maria Luigia – entertainment and shops every evening
• Children’s Wonderland
• Water sports and scuba diving
• Gourmet Cooking Academy – also set dates for Carlo Cracco and Gordon Ramsay
• Celebrity Chef Nights – evenings hosted by a visiting Michelin star chefs
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Grand Prix Du Meilleur Hôtel En Europe _ Prix Villégiature
Italy’s Best Wellness Retreat – World Spa Award
Italia Travel Awards 2019: Albergo/Villaggio/Resort Preferito
Grand Prix Du Meilleur Hôtel En Europe _ Prix Villégiature
Best Resort _ Reader’s Awards Food And Travel Italia
World’s Leading Resort 2018 (World Travel Award)
World’s Leading Luxury Family Resort 2018 (World Travel Award)
World’s Leading Sports Academy 2018 (World Travel Award)
Acquaforte Thalasso & Spa Listed By Cnn.Com As “10 Of The World’s Best Hotel Spas From Switzerland To Indonesia”
Italy’s Best Wellness Retreat 2018 (World Spa Awards)
Best Hideaway Spa Resort 2018
Best Resort _ The Food And Travel Italia Awards 2018
Ceo Of The Year Luxury 2018 _ Le Fonti Awards (Awarded To Mr. Giannuzzi, Our Ceo And Gm)
Premio Excellent (Awarded To Mr. Giannuzzi, Our Ceo And Gm)
Our Favorite Beach Hotel (Marusya Cup Award 2018)
World’s Leading Resort 2017 (World Travel Award)
World’s Leading Luxury Family Resort 2017 (World Travel Award)
World’s Leading Sports Academy 2017 (World Travel Award)
Best Resort _ Italia Travel Awards
World’s Leading Entertainment Resort 2016
World’s Leading In-house Hotel Magazine 2016
World’s Leading Luxury Family Resort 2016
World’s Leading Resort 2016
World’s Leading Sports Academy 2016
World’s Leading Resort
World’s Leading Green Resort
World’s Leading Sport Academy
Europe’s Leading Luxury Villa
Wolrd’s Best Wellness Spa
Italy’s Best Wellness Spa
World’s Leading In House Hotel Magazine
Number of employees
Approximately 1,000 people in the summer season