Hôtel Madame Rêve France
Hôtel Madame Rêve
48, rue du Louvre 75001 Paris
Groupe Laurent Taïeb
Date of Creation
October 21st 2021 (New Opening)
Hotel General Manager
Frédéric Le Gallois
Top Executive with a solid background in F&B, Frédéric was appointed General Manager of Hôtel Madame Rêve in June 2021. Prior to this, he worked for many 5* hotels and palaces in Paris such as the Grand Hotel Intercontinental, the Four Seasons George V, the Meurice or the Bristol. He also gained an experience abroad in Morocco and in Brazil. Frédéric spent his last 5 years in London, successively as Hotel Manager for the Connaught and then for the Churchill hotel (Hyatt). He takes his first General Manager position in June 2021 with the opening of the hotel Madame Reve – Paris.
5 star Luxury, Independent
Laurent Taïeb has the ambition to triple the size of the company Groupe LT within seven to ten years and develop a significant market share on the “affordable luxury” hotel segment.
Hôtel Madame Rêve
History & Story
In the heart of the historic Paris dedicated to fashion and culture, a stone’s throw from the Louvre and Rue de Rivoli, the Hôtel Madame Rêve is a relaxed luxury urban retreat for international and local visitors in search of a both traditional and contemporary Parisian experience.
Built within the former Louvre Post Office, this unique place, covered by vegetation offers spectacular views from its rooms or its roof terrace and proposes two cosmopolitan and lively bar-restaurants with trendy culinary concepts.
October 21st 2021 (New Opening)
The hotel Madame Rêve is based within the fully rehabilitated Louvre central Post office (Architect: Dominique Perrault). The construction started in 2015 and was finalized in October 2021. The artistic director of the hotel project is the owner Laurent Taïeb himself, who was surrounded by about 30 of the best French craftmakers: Atelier La Chapelle (cabinetmakers), Ateliers Jouffre (tapestries), Pierre Frey tissues, Mathieu Lustrerie and Maison GO (chandeliers), Atelier Lemaître (marbles), Maison Henryot and Dissidi for the furniture…
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Hotel Madame Rêve offers 82 rooms (including 19 suites) with terrace or balcony for most of them. All the rooms are located on one single top floor (equivalent to an Hausmanian 7th floor) and offer to their guests spectacular panoramas upon choice (Sacré Coeur, Eiffel Tower, Pantheon, Notre Dame de Paris, Saint Eustache Church, Beaubourg-Pompidou Centre…).
Conceived as a vibrant and pleasant place fostering a cosmopolitan and plural mix, the hotel also hosts two restaurants and one bar: on the ground floor “Madame Rêve Café” proposes a Mediterranean cuisine with a terrace and on the 3rd floor “La Plume” panoramic restaurant develops a Japanese-influenced cuisine. A rooftop cocktail bar on the 4th floor completes the offer with a green space of 1.000 m² (opening of the rooftop bar: Spring 2022).
Located in the heart of Paris’ first district, known as the cradle of culture, fashion and shopping, the hotel is just a few steps from the Louvre Museum, the brand-new Bourse de Commerce – Pinault Collection (open in May 2021), Beaubourg-Pompidou Museum and the Samaritaine premium shopping mall (reopened in June 2021 after 16 years of renovation).
Hôtel Madame Rêve is a brand-new hotel in a brand-new Louvre district!
Key sites/activities in the area
– Bourse du Commerce Pinault collection: 3 minutes walk
– Eglise St Eustache: 5 minutes walk
– Louvre Museum : 10 minutes walk
– Centre Pompidou: 15 minutes walk
– Notre Dame de Paris: 20 minutes walk
– Place des Victoires: 5 minutes walk
– La Samaritaine: 10 minutes walk
– Montmartre Montorgueil district: 3 minutes walk
– Grands Boulevards district: 10 minutes walk
– Le Marais district: 15 minutes walk
– Place Vendôme / Opéra: 15 minutes walk
– Latin district Odéon: 20 minutes walk
The hotel where you now stay at is the former iconic Central Post Office that remained open 24h / 7 days a week from 1888 to 2015. The so named “Poste du Louvre” was famous for French people who were late in paying their taxes. As the deadline was set at midnight, this landmark building was the very last chance for them to run before the expiration of the time limit, while all the other post offices had already closed their desks!
• Number of suites:
• Number of Luxury rooms:
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
Restaurants & Bars
• Madame Rêve Café : This is where the hotel takes on its full dimension and masterfully expresses its ambition. With 8-meter-high ceilings and a surface area of 3oo sqm, it is an immersion in an almost unreal universe, so much that the décor reminds of us of the splendor of a bygone era. A historic setting to enjoy today’s Mediterranean cuisine at any time of the day. Here the generations mix, and the nomadic workers of our time can settle at Madame Rêve Café in the morning to feast on a dish at noon, then to continue their digital activities in the afternoon, comfortably seated in cozy armchairs until the evening, while waiting to meet their friends for a cocktail.
• La Plume : This panoramic restaurant, located on the same level as the rooms and suites with a surface area of 3oo sqm, is one of the key elements of Hotel Madame Rêve. In the heart of Paris, it opens onto a wooded patio rich with more than 1oo plants of different species. From the entrance, discover the exquisite gold champagne color of the bar, drawn in a U shape and carved from marble that still appears icy from its extraction. There are breathtaking views from every part of the restaurant – the impressive vision of the Saint-Eustache church and the discovery of an unprecedented Paris, with the blue roofs of monuments looming on the horizon. Inspired by recipes from contemporary Japan made by Benjamin Six from Zuma London and Zuma Dubai, the cuisine at La Plume takes on a whole new dimension. The lights resume their hypnotic dance with that of Paris, masterful at nightfall, without missing the notes of copper, wood (oak and walnut), Edelman leathers, Calacatta Oro marbles and curtains blurring the resonance and reverberation.
• La Plume rooftop : opening next spring 2022. A spectacular 1000 sqm² fourth floor roof terrace and blossoming sky garden offers incredible 360° views over the City of Lights with an expansive deck to sip on the city’s best cocktails. The extraordinary rooftop structure was inspired by pioneering engineer and architect Gustave Eiffel and promises to take guests to new heights.
A large sofa eases tension at the entrance and sets the tone for this civilized boudoir with a dominant view of the peristyle of the Louvre Post Office and its hypnotic alignment of columns. Dotted with photos paying homage to sports, the 150 m² wellness space includes beauty treatment rooms, a fitness studio and a spectacular sauna with light woods that overlooks the streets of Paris.
Corporate & Celebration Events
For privileged evenings, private access of the 56 m2 Saint-Eustache panoramic lounge is available, which alone sums up the spirit of the restaurant with a terrace that overlooks the eponymous church. Welcome up to 25 guests.
Extra Notable Features
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees