Carlton Cannes France
58 La Croisette CS 40052
IHG Hotels & Resorts / Regent
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
He has had a fruitful 30-year career, brings his knowledge and expertise of hospitality industry to the Carlton Cannes since 2017. Holding a MBA in tourism management, he has built a brilliant career and held top positions around the world. Giuseppe Vincelli’s IHG® industry experience spans from Rome, where he worked as Resident Manager at the InterContinental, as well as management positions with InterContinental Mar Menor, La Torre and Malta.
2014 saw him take up the position of General Manager of the InterContinental Lisbon as well as Regional Director with the InterContinental Estoril.
5-star luxury, brand Carlton Cannes.
Brand new hotel to open in spring 2023.
History & Story
1913 – Birth of a myth: The Carlton
On that 30th day of January in 1911, Henry Ruhl was a happy man. In a short while, he would be welcoming his first guests to officially inaugurate his new marvel: the finest hotel Cannes had even seen. He chose to call it Carlton Hotel. The name originated in Scandinavia, where it means “City of the Free Man”. For the British aristocracy, that name is inseparable from elegance and reverie.
1922 – The first conference of the league of nations at the Carlton
Since 1922, the hotel has also had the distinction of welcoming personalities from the political sphere.
“Live with the times and leave a mark on history” might be the Hotel’s motto. And it was in the context of the period between the wars that one of the Carlton’s most symbolic meetings was held: the first conference of the League of Nations in January 1922.
1939 – The first Cannes Film Festival
Once a year, Cannes rolls out its red carpet to welcome the greatest stars of the Seventh Art. Indelibly linked to the Carlton, the Cannes Film Festival was launched in 1939 out of a desire on the part of the French government to organise a major worldwide cinema gathering in a location known for its sunshine and its enchanting environment.
1954 – Hitchcock films to catch a thief at the Carlton
Alfred Hitchcock took part in building the Carlton legend in 1954 when he chose the hotel as the setting for this feature film To Catch A Thief. The casting was ideal – one of the world’s most beautiful regions, its most famous hotel, and two magnificent stars, Grace Kelly and Cary Grant. Grace Kelly will remain forever linked to the Carlton; indeed, one of its most prestigious suites bears her name.
2011 – The G20 in Cannes: The great powers meet
Nearly 90 years after hosting the League of Nations, in 2011, Cannes was again chosen by France, who were then chairing the meetings, to host the G20 summit.
On 3 and 4 November 2011, the twenty-five heads of state and government of the world’s major countries arrived on the Croisette.
2013 – A century of Elegance
One hundred years of history, one hundred years of elegance… A one hundredth birthday calls for a celebration. And a majestic one!
The Carlton Cannes officially launched the celebration of its hundred years of elegance on 22 February 2013.
Tristan Auer has been entrusted to orchestrate this marvelous metamorphosis, with the aim to preserve the Belle époque soul of the hotel while bringing modern design elements. Drawing inspiration from the sumptuous French Riviera symbols, this world-renowned designer had at heart to make every corner become a unique masterpiece. From the colors of the Mediterranean coastline to the alluring curves of the Carlton Cannes’ Belle Epoque heritage, all senses are invited to a marvelous and unforgettable journey.
Date Added Extensions
Main Strength, Special Touch
Human: Since 1913, in the heart of the Bay of Cannes on the prestigious Boulevard de la Croisette, the Carlton Cannes has demonstrated its savoir-faire in a tradition of matchless hospitality still carried on today by the men and women who are its inheritors.
Views: Views: From the effervescence of the Croisette to the quietness of the intimate garden, without forgetting the breathtaking Mediterranean view, the Carlton Cannes has plenty to offer. Destination: The Carlton Cannes is a destination in itself, offering a complete journey including luxury accommodation, various food and beverage outlets, a private beach an intimate garden, and a high-end wellness experience.
Carlton Cannes is located in the South East of France, in the heart of French Riviera.
The hotel is in the middle of the famous Boulevard de la Croisette, central location with luxurious shops closeby and Palais des Festivals at 10-minute walk.
• Nice International airport: 24km – 30-minute drive
• Train station: 950m – 10-minute walk
• Car: 5km from Cannes exit highway 42, and then 10-minute drive
• St Tropez: 90km – 1hour and 20-minute drive
• Monaco: 55km – 1hour drive
Key sites/activities in the area
The French Riviera offers a wide variety of activities and many hidden gems to be discovered.
From the world capital of perfume in Grasse to the most beautiful village in Saint Paul de Vence, from the countryside to the beach, plenty of families or couple activities can be experienced.
Some worldwide renowned movies and clips had been shot at the Carlton Cannes, including:
1954 – « La main au collet » / « To Catch A Thief », Alfred Hitchcock
1983 – “I’m still standing”, Elton John video clip
The Carlton has a dedicated children journey.
369 keys in total on 7 floors.
• 52 suites
• 280 rooms
• 37 residences
3 different views:
Restaurants & Bars
3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, 1 Tea Lounge, 1 Cigar Lounge
• Main restaurant: Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the is the most iconic meeting point on La Croisette! Guests will enjoy the pleasures and generosity of traditional French brasserie dishes, making the most of seasonal wholesome food. It is the best place to gather, share good moments and indulge in everyone’s old favourites at any time of the day.
• Seasonal restaurant: Tasty Anatolian cuisine in a vibrant and convivial atmosphere. Open for lunch and dinner, this seasonal restaurant takes inspiration from Turkish traditions and hospitality.
• Carlton Beach Club: Completely redesigned in 2020 and symbolizing the glamour of the 1950s French Riviera, this mythical restaurant offers Franco-Italian dishes that breathe the spirit of the Mediterranean coastline. Guests are also invited to have a drink in a lively atmosphere. On a sunbed with the sand feet in the sand or on a beach bed on the iconic central pontoon, everything is designed to provide a memorable escape with an uninterrupted panoramic view of the sea, the Esterel mountains and the Îles de Lérins.
• Main bar: Hitting the spot while honouring our Grande Dame’s history! Convivial moments shared around quintessential drinks – guests will celebrate some classics enjoyed by Carlton’s iconic guests, discover creative cocktails, indulge in the best Champagnes and wines or go for our enticing non-alcoholic beverages, served with delectable bites.
• Pool bar: Relaxing time by the pool, with a «young at heart» spirit. Sip an exotic cocktail in a cheerful atmosphere, rhythmed by summer electro beats and tropical notes!
• Tea Lounge: Travel around the world through the fascinating story of tea! Guests will go on a fully immersive sensory excursion to discover various blends and pairings, according to your mood and preferences. For a complete experience, sweet cravings can be satisfied with French pastries.
• Cigar Lounge: An intimate den for cigar aficionados, appreciating the sophisticated old-world charm of this secluded heaven. The finest selections of cigars, Whiskeys and Cognacs are to be savoured with a variety of exquisite bites.
Focus on the Fitness Center, open all year long. This superhigh end gym offers a variety fitness facilities – including cardio, bodybuilding, boxing, and Pilate zones. 2 coaching rooms will host stellar line-up of fitness classes. A Cryotherapy room completes the wellness therapy offering.
Corporate & Celebration Events
At the end of this ambitious program, the hotel will be fully renovated and will have two extended wings unveiling new suites, an interior garden of 2,000sqm with a bar and a pool, a Fitness & spa and a 1,800sqm conference center.
Extra Notable Features
• Water sports
• Yoga classes
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Number of employees
350 employees all the year long.