InterContinental Genève Switzerland
Chemin du Petit Saconnex 7-9, 1209 Geneva, Switzerland
IHG Hotels & Resorts
Privately owned by Rolaco
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager:
Hans Heijligers : Hans Heijligers spent 35 years of his hotel career abroad. He mainly settled in Asia where he led the entire Western region of Japan while serving as Managing Director at InterContinental Osaka for 3 years. As of the start of the 2022 school year, he wanted to return to Europe to promote the place of the prestigious and legendary InterContinental Geneva.
5-Star Luxury Hotel / Luxury, Legendary and Iconic hotel of Geneva
History & Story
An award-winning hotel with 60 years of history, with a guestbook signed by everyone from Sophia Loren, Martin Luther King to Joe Biden and an enviable perch overlooking the city, InterContinental Genève has traversed the ages and earned its status as a unique and authentic haven that values its memory and its soul. InterContinental Genève has built a reputation as the most international hotel in Geneva.
2013 – New York designer Tony Chi, member of the Interior Design Hall of Fame, completes a ten-year renovation of InterContinental Genève.
Date Added Extansions
No extension added
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Highest and most panoramic Lake view of Geneva
• Geneva’s most luxurious and largest hotel penthouse suite, “The Residence” featuring 650sqm
• Largest hotel outdoor pool in Geneva
• 60 years of legend history making it a very secured and safe hotel in Geneva – 60 years of legend history making it a very secured and safe hotel in Geneva- 60 years of legend history making it a very secured and safe hotel in Geneva
• Palais des Nations: Guided tours are available every weekday throughout the year
• International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum
• Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (MAMCO)
• Old Town: The largest historic centre in Switzerland.
Smart elegance and a prestigious address, InterContinental Genève is a stately, 18-storey tower in the centre of the diplomatic district.Located in an oasis of calm, the hotel is 3-minute away from the United Nations and the ICCG Geneva International Congress Center, 10 minutes away by public transport from the city center and the airport.
• King Bed Classic Room – Jura View Room 25sqm
• King Bed Premium Room – Jura or Pool View Room 32sqm
• King Bed Premium- Lake View Room 25sqm
• King Bed Junior – Jura View Suite 45sqm
• King Bed Junior – Lake View Suite 45sqm
• King Bed One Bedroom Suite – Lake View Suite 50sqm
• King Bed Executive One Bedroom Suite – Lake View Suite 50sqm
• Panoramic – Lake View Suite 100sqm
• Presidential – Lake View Suite 120sqm
• La Residence 650sqm
Number of suites: 56 suites
Number of Luxury rooms: 277 rooms
72 Twin rooms and 157 Family Connecting Rooms (up to 17 people)
With a guestbook signed by everyone Sophia Loren, Martin Luther, Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, Lady Diana to Joe Biden, the hotel’s legendary discretion has attracted eminent artists and influential leaders from across the globe.
Kids room: During summer, our special children’s offer includes a child-friendly world with plenty of space for jumping around located at the heart of the hotel, close to the main facilities. For teenagers, we offer Wi-Fi, TV, Nintendo switch and table football.
Babysitting: an experienced babysitter can be booked
Baby sets : With welcome amenities for kids and children menu
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant Woods: Local cuisine for breakfast, brunch (on Sunday) lunch and dinner) – Chef François Eustache
• Restaurant Poolside (Summer only): Lebanese and Mediterranean food
• Nations Bar : Bar with cocktails, snacks, Lebanese cuisine and afternoon tea.
• Wine Lounge : From Thursday to Saturday evening, the Wine Lounge offers a convivial alternative to the Woods Restaurant, an opportunity to try exclusive Swiss and •European wines, accompanied by a selection of cheese, charcuterie and Lebanese mezzes.
• Fumoir Cigare & Lounge : The Cigar Lounge showcases a selection of the finest cigars.
• Spa By Cinq Mondes : Located on the 2nd floor of the hotel, a total of 4 luxurious treatment rooms including 1 double with refined ceremonial, a hammam and sauna, a space to relax bathed in soft light, a cloakroom area, a fitness room and a corner where we will find the addictive best-sellers of the brand.
• Iconic Swimming pool
• Fitness Center 24h/7
Corporate & Celebrations events
• 16 modular meeting spaces (2’000m2 on 1 private floor, daylight, Maximum capacity 1’200 pax, Ballroom with daylight 728sqm)
Extra Notables Features
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• World Travel Awards: Switzerland’s Leading Hotel Suite
• World MICE Awards 2020-2021
• 2018-2019-2020: World Travel Awards: Switzerland’s Leading Business Hotel
• 2018-2019-2020: World Travel Awards: Switzerland’s Leading Conference Hotel
• 2018-2019-2020: World Travel Awards: Switzerland’s Leading Hotel Suite
Number of Employees