Kalesma Mykonos Greece
Aleomandra / Agios Ioannis, 84600 Mykonos, Greece
Date of Creation
Construction 2019-2021 – Hotel opening May 2021
Hotel General Manager:
Partner, Co-Owner & Hotel Manager
Sofia was born in Athens where she was educated up to her degree in Psychology from Athens University. She was immediately drawn into the publicity sector where she worked for 10 years handling media accounts in top international firms and climbing to top managerial positions. She then pursued her own entrepreneurial goals in the food and coffee service sector and lately in the hotel industry. She is a proud mother of two and speaks English, Italian and French.
5* luxury boutique hotel.
History & Story
Designed in the style of a traditional Mykonian village, Kalesma Mykonos is set on the hillside in Aleomandra, a short walk from Ornos Beach and 4km from Mykonos Town. Uniquely positioned to benefit from both sunrise and sunset, the views of the Aegean are spectacular and especially enjoyed in the evening from Aloni Sunset Lounge and Pere Ubu Mykonos.
Restaurant & Bar, where Greek cuisine is reimagined. At Kalesma all accommodation (27 suites and villas) comes with a heated private pool, terrace and sunrise or sunset sea views. Other facilities/services: Fitness center with TechnoGym equipment, heated infinity main hotel pool, lobby area with fireplace & lounge, in-room spa treatments, yoga, Pilates, Private chapel, Boutique Shop with jewellery, clothes & accessories, in-room private dining, 24-hours room service and security, concierge, parking and new spa in 2023. The hotel welcomes celebrations and buyouts of the property.
Kalesma Mykonos is a 5* luxury boutique hotel. Our main markets are the US, UK, Brazil, Australia and Northern EU countries. Our development strategy consists of further developing these markets and also focusing more on sales in Europe. We believe that being part of Traveller Made and participating at its events and networking opportunities will help us in this development strategy.
• Created a new type of room, the Kalesma One-Bedroom Villa
• Demolished the hotel bar and rebuilt it from scratch
• Re-did the whole garden / landscape architecture in front of the villas Apollon & Artemis
• K-Studio: architectural company
• Vangelis Bonios – Studio Bonarchi: interior designer
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Hotel combines modernism with the local tradition
• The property is a Mykonian Village with endless Aegean Sea views
• Authentic Mykonian warmth and hospitality
• Ideal location close to all the “party scene” and at the same time serene
• All suite & villa hotel with private pools and sea views
• Ideal for buyouts upon request & availability
• Perfect for long stays
• Exquisite Mykonian style architecture with luxurious interior design touches
• Unique landscape architecture – Idyllic natural surroundings
• Greek cuisine with a modern twist. The chef supports the local producers and uses organic and biological products
• Spa treatments at the privacy of the suites and villas; new spa to open in 2023
• Private Chapel with sea views, ideal for weddings
• Ideal property for upscale holidays and events (honeymoons, anniversaries, celebrations)
Kalesma Mykonos is 3-minutes drive from Ornos Beach:
Known as a family-friendly beach, Ornos is also one of Mykonos’ trendiest, most popular and crowded. It offers lots of restaurants and places to stay and is a frequent stop of many boats and yachts. It’s located in the south of the island, and is for those who prefer a more developed, resort atmosphere.
In Ornos beach, the popular Kuzina Restaurant Mykonos and Pasaji Mykonos serving delicious food and cocktails promise a very relaxing and unique daily experience by the beach, either with family or friends.
The sandy and organized beach of Ornos faces luxurious yachts, along with the gorgeous views over the mesmerizing blue waters.
Near Ornos is situated Corfos beach, where no sunbeds are available, very popular for windsurfing and kitesurf lovers. Experienced trainers are available, upon request to tame the Mykonian waves!
3-minutes drive from Agios Ioannis Beach:
A beautiful vantage point towards the mesmerizing Delian sunsets
1.6 kms / less than 1 mi from Kalesma Mykonos
A sun-kissed cove with plush, soft sand and glistening waters that beckon for a swim. Sitting on the southwest-ern side of the island, the beach of Agios Ioannis regales those who seek it out with a wonderful sight and is one of the most beautiful beaches on Mykonos. A top spot to seek peace away from jam-packed destinations and crowded shores, Agios Ioannis also enjoys sensational views out to the mystical island of Delos, birthplace of Olympian Gods Artemis and Apollo, whose multi-colored sunsets are a sight that makes a lasting impression. Sunset-chasers and lovers of serene lounging alike will find a unique little heaven in Agios Dimitrios, featuring all the ingredients of a quintessential summer in the Cyclades
… and 10-minutes drive from Mykonos Town:
Where there are plenty of shops, galleries, restaurants, bars, etc. and the famous windmills of Mykonos and Little Venice with the amazing sunset bars
• Aleomandra or Alogomandra is a hill which starts off Ornos Bay and is considered one of the most sought-after areas of Mykonos, with prestigious private villas and amazing sun rise and sunset sea views over the island of Delos
• Aleomandra is a tranquil spot featuring luxury Mykonos villas, either facing the popular Mykonos sunset Views and Delos Island or sunrise views, promising an unspoiled holiday experience, yet within close proximity to all the popular hot spots in Mykonos, including Mykonos Town (Chora), Scorpios, and Nammos beach!
• In Ornos beach, the popular Kuzina Restaurant Mykonos and Pasaji Mykonos serving delicious food and cocktails promise a very relaxing and unique daily experience by the beach, either with family or friends.
• The sandy and organized beach of Ornos faces luxurious yachts, along with the gorgeous views over the mesmerizing blue waters.
• Near Ornos is situated Corfos beach, where no sunbeds are available, very popular for windsurfing and kitesurf lovers. Experienced trainers are available, upon request to tame the Mykonian waves!
• Number of suites: Pls see below
• Number of Luxury rooms: Pls see below
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: Pls see below
• 27 units in total:
• 4 Kalesma One-Bedroom Suites
• 13 Kalesma One-Bedroom Suites Sea View
• 8 Kalesma One-Bedroom Villas Sea View
• Apollon Villa Three-Bedroom, Sea View
• Artemis Villa Four-Bedroom, Sea View
In the hotel:
• Fitness Room
• New spa to open in 2023
• Spa treatments at the privacy of the suites & villas
• In-room private dining at the suites and private BBQs at the villas
Outside the hotel:
• Yacht Cruise to Rhenia Island & Guided Tour of Delos
• Sunset Trekking Experience
• Romantic Evening Horse riding
Restaurants & Bars
Pere Ubu Mykonos Restaurant: a la carte
• # of Tables: 14 tables outdoors (72 persons outdoors) and 9 tables indoors (26 persons indoors)
• Cuisine: Greek concept cuisine with a modern twist (local organic and biological products used)
• Executive Chef: Costas Tsingas
• A la carte Breakfast at the main restaurant (included in the hotel rates).
• Main hotel fitness center with Technogym equipment
• Private gym with Technogym equipment at the Apollon and Artemis Villas
• Yoga and Pilates upon request & extra charge
• Spa treatments at the privacy of the suites and villas
• New Spa to open in 2023
Corporate & Celebrations events
• At Kalesma Mykonos we help make every special moment a once in a lifetime experience , whether it is a birthday, anniversary or wedding ceremony, which we can host on the property at our various venue areas and the chapel courtyard.
• Maximum Capacities for private events in case of buyout: Served Menu for up to 290 persons seated and Standing Cocktail Reception for up to 380 persons standing
Extra Notable Features
• Water sports in nearby beaches
• Cooking classes at Rizes Folklore Farmstead
• Cooking classes at Mykonos Farmers – local cheesemaking
• Wine tour at Vioma Organic Farm
• Movie theater at Mykonos Town
• Yoga and Pilates at the hotel
• Delos Island Guided Tour
• Yacht Cruise to Rhenia Island
• Sunset Trekking Experience
• Romantic Evening Horse Riding
• Coast to Coast Cruise
• Bohemian beach cooking at Rhenia Island
• Private Yacht & Helicopter Tours
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• 100% Hotel Design Awards 2021
Best Room Bath
Best Lobby Foyer Reception
• Greek Hotel of the Year 2022
Boutique Hotel | Gold Award
Fine Dining Hotel | Gold Award
• Conde Nast Traveller| Readers’ Choice Awards 2022
Among the best hotels in Greece
Number of Employees