Katikies Garden Hotel Greece
Katikies Garden Hotel
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5-star experiential hotel, a member of The Leading Hotels of the World
Katikies Garden is a part of Katikies Hotels, a stunning collection of seven authentic Greek hotels located on the islands of Mykonos and Santorini.
Katikies Garden Hotel
History & Story
As a chic emblem of hotels in Fira, Katikies Garden redefines the concept of style and elegance in Santorini, that signifies all that the discerning traveler can expect from a contemporary design hotel. Built in the old Venetian neighborhood of Fira town, on the grounds of a former Monastery, the architecture pays homage to the tradition of the historic building. Hotel guests surrender their senses in an alluring ambience with flourishing alleys, fountains and blooming gardens. The 40 suites with a sophisticated yet intimate and modern design offer private pools, gardens and verandas. A contemporary refuge in the heart of Santorini, Katikies Garden’s converted monastery invites guests for an authentic island experience that pays homage to tradition, history and heritage.
Katikies Garden is a seasonal property, closed from the mid of November to the end of March. The hotel is completely refurbished each year in our off season.
Santorini’s largest town, Fira is situated on the island’s famed Caldera. Home to charming restaurants, eclectic shopping and vibrant nightlife, it promises stunning views and splendid sunsets.
Key sites/activities in the area
The Katikies Club is a concierge club that welcomes its members to collect authentic moments of luxury staying at one of Katikies Hotels in Santorini. For example taking a trip to the Museum of Prehistoric Thera is a great way to finish exploring the ruins of Santorini’s ancient cities. This tiny museum in the heart of Thira houses frescoes and other archaeological treasures found during the excavation of Ancient Akrotiri, which was destroyed by the volcanic eruption that made Santorini look like it does today. Some of the pieces here date back several thousand years (some of the pottery on display is leftover from 3,000 BC) and offer insight into early human life on the Greek Islands, making this an interesting place to check out if you’re keen to learning more about the island’s history.
Signature wine events and themed live music nights (on selected evenings)
The magic of new perspectives. The inspiration of authentic living. The romance of hidden secrets. Katikies believes that every instant away should be an extraordinary one. That is why its personal concierge service, Katikies Club, immerses guests in the very essence of Greece through a range of tailor-made experiences—for a getaway unlike any other.
Children of all ages are accepted.
• Number of suites: 40
• Junior Suite: Bedroom, open plan living room, bathroom with shower/bathtub and garden view. Size ~48m2
• Senior Jetted Tub Suite: Bedroom, open plan living room, bathroom with shower/bathtub, two posts open-air Jacuzzi and garden view. Size ~45m2
• Senior Jetted Tub Suite Sea View: Bedroom, open plan living room, bathroom with shower/bathtub, two posts open-air Jacuzzi and private veranda with sea view. Size ~35m2
• Superior Pool Suite Private Garden: Bedroom, living room, bathroom with shower/bathtub, private pool and private garden. Size ~55m2
• Honeymoon Jetted Tub Suite Sea View: Bedroom, spacious living room, bathroom with shower/bathtub, two posts open-air Jacuzzi and private veranda with sea view. Size ~55m2
• Master Pool Suite Private Garden: Spacious Bedroom, spacious living room, bathroom with shower/bathtub and private outdoor pool and garden. Size ~80m2
• Katikies Garden Pool Suite Sea View: Spacious Bedroom, spacious living room, bathroom shower/bathtub, private outdoor pool and 120 m2 private garden. Room Size ~45m2
Restaurants & Bars
• Selene Restaurant, A beautiful story of food, love and passion that began exactly 37 years ago, when in 1985 Giorgos Hatzigiannakis and his lovely wife Evelyn decided to forever change the gastronomic destiny of Santorini by visioning a restaurant that would deliver the very “soul” of the island on their guests’ plates, based on the unique local ingredients and the long-lost gastronomic traditions of this feral land, is living through its best phase yet in the premises of what used to be an 18th century Catholic Monastery. In 2021 Michelin-starred chef Ettore Botrini undertook the responsibility to carry on and evolve the Selene legacy, which entered a new era.
At about the same time Yiannis Karakasis MW (Master of Wine), one of the approximately 400 Masters of Wine in the world, took charge of the restaurant’s wine section, placing emphasis of course on the Santorinian vineyard. In this truly unique ambiance of medieval charm and understated luxury you will enjoy an authentic “Santorinian” fine dining experience, addressed to all your senses.
• Antique Wine Caves / Cooking & Tasting Classes. Once filled with Vinosanto wine destined for the Vatican, Selene’s ancient cellars are now home to an eclectic selection of fine wines from around the globe, handpicked by the Master of Wine, Mr Yannis Karakasis. Through its tasting experiences, the restaurant welcomes guests on a journey from vine to table, exploring the island in all its flavor.
• Selene Wine Bar
• Selene Wine Caves
• Katikies Pool Deck
Spa with 4 spa suites, spa reception and manicure-pedicure service. Picturesquely framed by bright bougainvillea and verdant greenery galore, Katikies Garden’s SPA is a luxurious spring of wellness, where vitality and vigour lie at the heart of its experience. As relaxing as indulgent pampering may be, guests will emerge feeling utterly renewed: a personal renaissance of mind and body.
Extra Notable Features
Luisa World boutique. Launching in the summer of 2021, LUISA WORLD will find its ideal domicile in Katikies Garden. Situated right next to the lobby, the approximately 70 square-meter space boasts the architectural details of its monastery heritage, such as high ceilings and an open-plan layout that perfectly matches the pristine aesthetics of this unrivaled kaleidoscope of ideas, textures and trends.
Number of employees