Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
1051-Budapest, Erzsebet ter 7-8.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5 Star Luxury
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
History & Story
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest’s own ever-evolving wealth of diversions within reflects the diversity without. Complete with a new lifestyle and gourmet hub, the hotel has undergone a dramatic reconstruction of the multi-use Lobby, which was followed by a refurbishment and refresh of the suites and rooms, finished in spring 2020.
At Gastronomic Quarter Downtown Budapest, the first Central European Nobu restaurant serves new-style Japanese cuisine. ÉS Bisztró is a contemporary brasserie for updated Hungarian-Viennese specialities. The Living Room is inspired by the local ‘Kaffeehaus’ culture of old. Blue Fox The Bar mixes classic and creative cocktails.
To recharge and rejuvenate, Kempinski The Spa offers exclusive beauty and massage treatments, fitness facilities and a recently refurbished sauna universe of American Tulipwood Finnish and bio saunas, with a steam bath and a Kneipp foot soak.
One of a kind in town, Kempinski Corvinus owns a corporate collection of Hungarian contemporary art. Some of the works adorn the rooms and suites, while others are available to view in the public areas. Open round the clock, the Gallery on The Promenade shows curated modern Hungarian art.
Further facilities: Nobu dishes available to order 24 hours through in-room dining; underground car park for 230 vehicles; electric vehicle charging station; gift and flower shop; Clef’s d’Or concierge desk; Lady in Red customer service.
New ground floor opened in April 2013, after remodelling by MKV Design. With two restaurants, two bars and two lounges.
The Ten Rooms redesigned event area was introduced in April 2017, and the room and suite renovation project was finished in spring 2020.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest offers remarkable culinary attractions in its Gastronomic Quarter Downtown Budapest – featuring two restaurants, two bars and a coffee house and deli: ÉS Bisztró, Nobu, Blue Fox The Bar, The Living Room and ÉS Deli.
All ways lead you to Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, located in the very heart of Budapest, in Fashion Street, close to the financial district and all the city’s major attractions.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Chain Bridge
The capital’s first bridge monument, with decorative lights at night and Buda Castle in the background, is a fascinating spectacle and has already attracted many tourists to Budapest.
• St. Stephen’s Basilica
It is the largest church in Budapest, the dome of which can be seen from all points in the city. It was built between 1851 and 1905. The Classicist basilica houses Hungary’s most sacred relic, the Holy Right, which is the mummified right hand of St Stephen, after whom the basilica was named.
• Budapest Spas
Budapest is the city of spas. Széchenyi Bath, which has a very prestigious position on the list of Budapest sights, is not only the largest bath complex in Europe with its 15 pools, but also the most pleasant bath in the capital.
In its boldly contemporary, generously spacious building, it offers 353 elegant rooms, including 38 chic suites with spacious bathrooms, a high-tech infotainment system and free Wi-Fi Internet access, and is fully air-conditioned.
Business and leisure travellers alike will love the well-appointed, light-filled guestrooms. Amenities in all rooms and suites include air-conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi, a high-tech infotainment system, a smart LED TV offering a choice of satellite channels, and 24-hour in-room dining that also features Nobu’s signature dishes.
• 67 Superior Rooms: Recently refurbished, various beddings (king, double) and spacious bathrooms with under floor heating (shower or bathtube) with street or courtyard view, size: 28–30 sq m
• 55 Deluxe Rooms: Recently refurbished, various beddings (king, double, twin), and spacious bathrooms with under floor heating (shower and separate bathtub), connecting rooms available, with courtyard view, size: 30–32 sq m
• 134 Premium Deluxe Rooms: Recently refurbished, traditional and modern elements, Various beddings (king, double, twin), and spacious bathrooms: shower and separate bathtub, connecting rooms available, with street view, size: 32–35 sq m
• 35 Grand Deluxe Rooms Fashion Street View: Newly redesigned, modern style, Various beddings (king, twin), cozy sofa & coffee table, spacious bathrooms: shower and separate bathtub, Nespresso machine with one free load of coffee per day, with street view, size: 35–43 sq m
• 24 Grand Deluxe Rooms Park View: Newly redesigned, modern style, extra-large King size bed, cozy sofa & coffee table, spacious bathrooms: shower and separate bathtub, Nespresso machine with one free load of coffee per day and guaranteed park view, size: 35–43 sq m
• 17 Junior Suites: Newly redesigned, modern style, extra-large King size bed, Bedroom & living are optically separated, Sofa & coffee table in the living room, extra-large King size bed, Spacious bathrooms: shower & separate bathtub, Nespresso machine with one free load of coffee per day, Park view or Courtyard view, size 43–65 sq m
• 5 Parlour Suites: Recently refurbished, extra-large King size bed, bedroom & living are separated, sofa & coffee table in the living room, Nespresso machine with one free load of coffee per day, spacious bathrooms: shower & separate bathtub. We can provide a Superior Room next to this type of Suite. Street view, size: 64 sq m
• 10 Executive Suites: Completely redesigned, bedroom and living room area Newly redesigned, modern style, Lounge area, sofa & coffee table in the living room, large working desk with office tools, spacious bathroom – shower & separate bathtub, underfloor heating, Nespresso machine with one free load of coffee per day and guaranteed Elisabeth park view. size: 57–79 sq m
• 5 Corvinus Art Collection Suites: Completely redesigned
Make an impression. Put the solid table to good use and hold a private dinner in the suite of « Corvinus Art Collection » Suite. The elegant flair of all these suites boasts contemporary accents, with the needs of the discerning traveler, business and leisure, promptly served. At Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, we have a collection of five exclusive suites, each with its own unique style and elegance to choose from. Amenities include free high-speed Internet, working desk, minibar, Nespresso machine, 49/55″ smart LED TV with mobile device mirroring, 56 satellite channels, safe, air-conditioning and dressoir with adjoining Junior Suite or second bedroom, meeting the needs of the discerning traveller, business and leisure. 104–117 sq m.
• 1 Presidential Suite Corvinus: Completely redesigned.
Curtains up over downtown Budapest. Located on the top floor, the Presidential Suite Corvinus offers a stunning view of Budapest sprawling majestically outside the windows, framing Elisabeth Park with the Ferris wheel and St Stephen’s Basilica. The two-bedroom suite provides ample space for entertaining, featuring a spacious living room, a generous working area and an elegant and functional dining room fully serviced by a preparation kitchenette. The master bedroom sets the stage for a relaxing stay, enhanced by a stunningly exclusive bathroom. Modern statues and colorful paintings from the Corvinus Art Collection set off the muted shades of the interior design.
Presidential Suite attributes
Walk-in wardrobe and vanity table
49-55″ smart LED TV with 58 channels, with mobile device mirroring
24-hour, in-room dining with Nobu signature dishes
Complimentary coffee/tea making facility with Nespresso Machine
Pillow menu, Room Comfort Menu
Complimentary shoeshine service during overnight
Located on the top floor, the Presidential Suite Corvinus offers an amazing view of Budapest sprawling majestically outside the windows, framing Elisabeth Park with the Ferris wheel and St Stephen’s Basilica.
Restaurants & Bars
• ÉS Bisztró
Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any time in between and offers a modern, casual and design-driven brasserie ambiance. Diners can also enjoy a summer terrace that stretches out onto Fashion Street. ÉS, Hungarian for “and”, encourages diners to re-think the traditional sequence of courses and serves contemporary Hungarian-Viennese dishes.
• Nobu Budapest
Nobuyuki Matsuhisa’s New Style Japanese cuisine in Budapest, where head chef, Gábor Schreiner, combines the Japanese-Peruvian taste with Hungarian ingredients. The Nobu restaurants offer world famous and special signature dishes, like Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno, Tuna Sashimi Salad with Matsuhisa Dressing and Black Cod in Miso.
• Blue Fox The Bar
A local yet cosmopolitan bar that mixes its classic cocktails right and has a masterful and innovative sense of flair with flavours. Special treats include a DJ – or live performances every Friday and Saturday.
• The Living Room
The Hungarian Coffee House 2.0. This is Budapest’s inimitable coffee house culture reloaded, offering rich coffees, fine teas, freshly baked strudel, an unabashedly pleasure-seeking cake selection and pink champagne.
Kempinski The Spa: a journey inspired by the European seasons
• Indoor swimming pool (Pool size: 7 x 5 m large, 1.5 m deep (23 x 16.4 ft / 4.9 ft), Temperature: 27°C (80.6°F)
• Finnish and aroma saunas
• Steam bath
• Gym with latest Technogym Artis fitness technology
• Kneipp-bench Tepidarium
• Wide ranges of massages and treatments with Elemental Herbology Products
Corporate & Celebration Events
Two ballrooms, including ten section rooms, all with natural daylight
• 10 variable meeting rooms for up to 450 theatre style with daylight
• The Kitchen – the ultimate event location
• Unique foyer with daylight
• Free Wi-Fi
• Wired internet
• State-of-the-art technology
• “Talk of the Town” Catering at local and international venues
• Creative banquet team
• Car display possibilities
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
– Forbes Travel Guide: Four-star rated hotel
– World Travel Awards 2019 – Hungary’s Leading Hotel, Hungary’s Leading Hotel Suite – Corvinus Royal Suite
– U.S. News & World Report 2019, Best Hotels in Europe – Gold Badge award winner (ranked #2 in Hungary)
– Forbes Travel Guide: Four-star rated hotel
– Association of Hungarian Hotels and Restaurants: Gold Green Hotel 2019–2020
– Superbrands 2019 – Kempinski
– Fine Restaurants Award 2018 – Budapest Business Journal: ÉS Bisztró – one of the best restaurants in Budapest
– Best of Budapest & Hungary: ÉS Bisztró – Best in class Hungarian Restaurant, The Kitchen Caters Best in class catering service, Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest – Among the best 5-star hotels
– Condé Nast Traveler 2018 Readers’ Choice Awards – Top hotels in Central Europe #5
– TripSavvy Editors’ Choice Awards 2018 – Winner in Best Business Hotel category
– Fine Restaurants Award 2017 (Budapest Business Journal) – ÉS Bisztró – one of the best restaurants in Budapest
– Superbrands 2018 – Kempinski
– Business Excellence 2017 – The best business hotel in Budapest by Business Traveller Hungary
– World Travel Awards 2017 – Hungary’s Leading Hotel & Hungary’s Leading Hotel Suite – Royal Suite
– Business Traveller UK – Best Business Hotel in Eastern Europe 2017
– Condé Nast Traveler – 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards.
Best of Budapest & Hungary –
– Best 5-star hotels 2017
– The Kitchen Caters – Best catering services 2017
– ÉS – Best Hungarian restaurants 2017
– Stephan Interthal – Hotelier of the Year 2017
– The Kitchen Caters – Best catering services 2016
– ÉS – Best Hungarian Restaurants 2016
– Awarded by Best of Budapest & Hungary (amongst the best 5-star hotels 2016)
– Hotel of the year 2015 (by Hungarian Hotel and Restaurant Association)
– Best conference categories 2015 (awarded by Best of Budapest)
– Best catering services 2015
– ÉS – Best Hungarian Restaurants 2015
– Best Sunday Brunch 2015
– Gold Badge award winner (by U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017, Best Hotels in Europe)
– Luxury Hotel of the Year (by LuxuryTravel Guide) in 2015
– Top 25 hotels in Central Europe 2015 #10(by CondeNast Traveler Readers Choice Awards)
Number of employees